Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #14 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think so, yeah. Like @Newthoughts suggested further up the page, it could possibly be considered evidence. Certainly, a number of posts with an account (and possibly a description) of a previous incident disappeared from a community SM group I'm part of.

I'm googling for anything about arrests and social media protocol, but it's difficult to turn up anything which isn't related to someone being arrested because of social media. Profiles of those recently arrested do seem to disappear more often than not - and we all check on these things, riiiiiight? Perhaps it's dependent on the nature of the charges.

Also, possibly to help conceal the identities of his children?

I have another thought, his FB was active at the time of his arrest and right? With MSM pulling photos for use in articles and people discussing his shares of posts about ill children. So, who took that page down? I can only think it must be his wife, as she’s the only person who would surely have access to it? And why? Did he ask her to? In which case they were still communicating after his initial arrest.
I would expect his solicitor would organise that, if it hadn't been done by someone close to him.

I think so, yeah. Like @Newthoughts suggested further up the page, it could possibly be considered evidence. Certainly, a number of posts with an account (and possibly a description) of a previous incident disappeared from a community SM group I'm part of.

I'm googling for anything about arrests and social media protocol, but it's difficult to turn up anything which isn't related to someone being arrested because of social media. Profiles of those recently arrested do seem to disappear more often than not - and we all check on these things, riiiiiight? Perhaps it's dependent on the nature of the charges.

Interesting. I wonder if the community board was asked to delete or if the police can literally go in and delete posts like that which may compromise a case.

I too am struggling to find info online. This article share about the Korryn Gaines incident suggests they held the power there without a subpoena or anything else to take her page down immediately.

The Guardian reports that the police used a “law enforcement portal” through Facebook that allowed them to successfully ensure that Gaines’ posts would no longer be available to the public.

https://www.themarysue.com/facebook-police-overreach/

I'm not disagreeing with that.

I'm struggling to fathom how she got from the River Hull at Oak Road Playing Fields to virtually the beginning of the North Sea without either being snagged or spotted.

Me too. Besides the distance she would have travelled down the river Hull and the reeds in parts, at low tide the river is almost non existent. I think if she had gone straight in the Humber she would have been lost to the sea before she was found. I dont know where she entered the water but Im not convinced it was at Oak Road.

I agree.

They probably used the extra 24 hours to question him about the other stuff.

When they knew they didn't have enough evidence to charge him for Libby.
We don't knew they didn't have enough to charge him with Libby but we do knew they had enough to charge him with other things. Keep him off the streets if he's dangerous

Are you thinking LE might be more responsible for removing that information from the public domain than a family member? I’m not sure what the legalities are. FB and Apple do seem to end up in the media at times for failing to share vital user data during high profile investigations. So could LE really obtain powers to take down pages? What’s your opinion V? Just out of interest.
I'd assumed they had though that is based on no knowledge at all.

I'd assumed they would ask other sites to take stuff down

You absolutely, unequivocally have not seen this footage. It hasn't been released into the public domain at any point.

With all due respect, I do not think anyway can speak to what I have seen. I understand what you are saying but I truly remember seeing this and as I said it could have been pertaining to something else.

Just popping back here to ask if anyone (local or not) can provide detailed information on phone masts in the area?

Thinking that without witnesses or more precise CCTV around Oak Park/Croda etc area (or just where plod were

reported searching /investigating - and I think reported is relevant as here we are going by MSM reports mostly and

we have no absolute knowledge of other areas searched) - phone pings are mightily useful.
ETA - Hand drawn maps would be great :)

With all due respect, I do not think anyway can speak to what I have seen. I understand what you are saying but I truly remember seeing this and as I said it could have been pertaining to something else.

Perhaps related to another case. It was reported that LS had been captured by either CCTV or dashcam, depending on the MSM source, sitting on the bench, but the footage was never made public.

As far as CCTV, we've had:
Haworth St
Welly
Oak Road

Here's a question...Do other network masts pick up your signal or is it only the network your on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member