Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #14 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
GB was noticed because he stopped his car, got out and assisted Libby, which would have been more noticeable than someone approaching her on foot. Especially if she was falling/lying in the road, as some have hinted.
But I agree, there may well be a witness who spotted him.
I always got the impression, they absolutely spotted him via CCTV + his car (assuming the CCTV of the car was seen by them prior to media release). And I presumed that because they were watching him, they avoided rousing attention to him directly in case he led them to Libby, and to preserve the integrity of a potential prosecution later.

There are bus lane cameras on Beverley Road which would more than likely have ANPR capability. Travelling the Cottingham Road route would take him through the traffic lights at the Beverley Road crossroads - could there be red light cameras on them?

If he did drive LS to ORPFs then I would have thought he would have gone down Beresford Avenue. It's a more direct route to the ORPFs car park, passes LS's street of residence (if he had coaxed her into a lift to her home) and would also possibly explain the screams heard on Heathcote Street if for some reason they went down there.

I agree. Left out of Haworth onto Cottingham then left at the lights onto Beverley then right onto Beresford. In the direction of her home but also ORPF

Think without a breakthrough , there is unlikely to be any evidence to link the suspect with the crime , other than the suspects version of events.

@DanCJ the police DID tell us the timings:

The first clip shows an individual, believed to be in a light coloured T shirt and dark trousers, at first running into view on Oak Road and then walking out of shot at 1.13am.

The second clip shows a figure on a bike cycling along Oak Road towards Clough Road at 1.24am, and is then seen cycling back up Oak Road at 1.34am.

The third clip shows two people, one who appears to be dressed all in dark clothing and the second in light coloured trousers and a dark coloured top walking along Oak Road at 2.34am.

Libby Squire – witnesses sought on CCTV footage | Humberside Police

I came back to this post to look at the pictures again. It looks to be a bit of a distance on Oak Rd between Beresford and where the CCTV footage was taken. I can see why running man as running and appeared spooked. I would have been. Also I think the “couple” could be two men.

Think without a breakthrough , there is unlikely to be any evidence to link the suspect with the crime , other than the suspects version of events.

Sadly, I agree.

I can't tell you how angry this whole case makes me. I am about the same age as LS and so are most of my friends. This could happen to them too, or even to me.

To be out on what should have been a fun night out, to end up dead floating in a tidal estuary only hours later. Truly shocking.

In addition to my last point, if PR was driving south down Beverley Road, the bench would have been on his right. Looking on StreetView the bench is fairly obscured by the bus stop until very close to it.

If he were driving north up Beverley Road it would have been on his left and would have been obscured by a tree/low wall again until almost passing it.

Again, it would have been very difficult to have spotted her if he was just passing through UNLESS something attracted his eye (again, GB).
Maybe he saw her crossing the road, Or spotted her a little earlier and waited for an opportunity to pounce on his prey? It would help us tremendously if we knew where he was coming from to be in the vicinity. Then again with his MO maybe her was prowling/perving.

This may or may not already have been mentioned, but based on the Haworth Street footage and the time on the camera I have determined the following:
PR(?) unlocks his car and smokes a cigarette by it. He then leaves it again at 00:05:20 and walks towards Beverley Road where the bench is.
He returns with (possibly) LS at 00:06:54 - 94 seconds after he left.
Based on the average walking speed of an adult male, 1.4 m/s, it would have taken about 20 seconds to walk from the car to the bench where LS was last seen.
If we assume it took the same length of time to walk back to the car, we can work out that he would have been at the bench, with LS, for a maximum of 54 seconds.

Now is it possible to persuade a heavily drunk girl to get in a car with you in just 54 seconds? Possibly. Possibly not.

This is of course assuming that he definitely walked to the bench (we don't know that for sure), that he walks at average speed and that he didn't cross Beverley Road to the shops or walk further down the street.

I've been doing some measurements on Google Maps and have worked out the furthest possible distances he could have travelled on a number of different routes from his car.

Also does anyone know where this CCTV of LS actually on the bench is? I've heard loads about it but haven't actually been able to find it - maybe HumbPol haven't made it public? There are bus lane cameras down Beverley Road so it could be from them. If they have ANPR on them which they more than likely do they could be used to determine the owner of the suspect vehicle assuming it drove towards Oak Road Playing Fields.

Also from my own observations on StreetView of the bench area, there are no street lights on that side of the road and with the overhanging trees the area would likely have been very dark or poorly lit at the time, not to mention the weather at the time was cloudy/overcast and the moon was in a waning crescent phase.

At one point I thought I saw footage of LS sitting on the bench but could never find it again so thought Maybe I was thinking of another case.

At one point I thought I saw footage of LS sitting on the bench but could never find it again so thought Maybe I was thinking of another case.

As far as I know the last footage in the public domain that is definitely Libby was the one outside Welly but there has been plenty of chatter about her being caught on camera at the bench. Whether this is fixed CCTV (eg a shop camera), council cameras from the junction (which may be rotational, not fixed) or dashcam footage from passing vehicles.

Pretty sure the police will have plenty more. If, as most suspect, he drove out of Haworth onto Cottingham then Bev then Beresford, the car should have been caught on a few other cameras.

Gosh, anyone else absolutely hate the word corpse? Sends a shiver down my spine :confused: Interesting read, though.

Just my thoughts on the discussion about Libby being placed in the River Hull at Oak Road Playing Fields: I do think this is the most likely scenario. How on earth would PR/the perpetrator move her body further downstream or directly into the estuary without seriously incriminating himself? It seems like such a dumb move, premeditated or not. Although, I suppose we don't know what LE know and they could very well have evidence of this happening. I do think that it's just unfortunate that Libby wasn't spotted sooner and perhaps was not at the surface of the water for the majority of the time.

Also the comments about PR and Libby perhaps being spotted on CCTV entering the park and only PR being seen leaving...this was one of my first thoughts around the time spidercam was released and LE were searching the park, I think I may have even wrote it on my first post here. I think this is a really interesting point and would explain why LE arrested PR and are so focused on the park. I'm not sure why else they'd be so focused on the park, unless it was CCTV that lead them there (I'm not going to bring up the dreaded phone ping speculation for the six millionth time, don't worry folks)

In addition to my last point, if PR was driving south down Beverley Road, the bench would have been on his right. Looking on StreetView the bench is fairly obscured by the bus stop until very close to it.

If he were driving north up Beverley Road it would have been on his left and would have been obscured by a tree/low wall again until almost passing it.

Again, it would have been very difficult to have spotted her if he was just passing through UNLESS something attracted his eye (again, GB).

Could PR have been watching the area around Welly club from his car for any lone females and seen her being put into a taxi on her own and followed it. It could have gone from there that he saw her walk down the street, grey beard approach and escourt her to the bench and gone round the block to park down Haworth Street.

As far as I know the last footage in the public domain that is definitely Libby was the one outside Welly but there has been plenty of chatter about her being caught on camera at the bench. Whether this is fixed CCTV (eg a shop camera), council cameras from the junction (which may be rotational, not fixed) or dashcam footage from passing vehicles.

Pretty sure the police will have plenty more. If, as most suspect, he drove out of Haworth onto Cottingham then Bev then Beresford, the car should have been caught on a few other cameras.

What I remember seeing is her sitting on the bench, getting up, fidgeting and sitting back down. But surely could be from something else.

Where is this CCTV that shows LS in the car then not in the car en route to/from ORPFs?
There is none in the public domain.
The only CCTV that has been released by the police is the appeal for witnesses showing four people on Oak Road later that night.
The police probably have quite a bit of relevant CCTV from various sources, but they are keeping it to themselves.

Could PR have been watching the area around Welly club from his car for any lone females and seen her being put into a taxi on her own and followed it. It could have gone from there that he saw her walk down the street, grey beard approach and escourt her to the bench and gone round the block to park down Haworth Street.

Quite possibly, though he would have had to have followed her to Wellesely Ave. where she lived. But he likely wouldn't have known that she was unable to enter her property unless his original intention was to tailgate her in, have his way with her, then get away...

I might be totally wrong but PR does not seem to me to be the type who would read up on anything.
He seems to me to be an opportunist who lives off his wits and relies on physical strengths rather than intellectual abilities.
I dont agree, because his double life shows....he is cunning, deceptive, manipulative, researches his crimes (breaking into empty homes of young women) and follows an aspiration to maximise his sadistic sexual urges. I think he aspired to be a very dark persona....but his sadistic urge was too impulsive on the night in question, not considering CCTV etc and a backup plan. If he was a silly boy, he'd likely of crumbled at the first round of questioning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kittyl628