UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr Wright said: “At 12.19am when you drove away, Libby Squire was stood on Oak Road opposite the metal shed.”
Is this supposed to be a question or a statement? It reads to me like the prosecutor is stating a fact but maybe he is asking PR if this is his story?
He's stating what PR has implied and inviting him to agree or correct it.

16:06
Five versions of events

Version 1:
February 6: Relowicz told police: “How am I supposed to know? I didn’t abduct her.” Relowicz says this is true.

Version 2: February 7: This is the account Relowicz has given where he stopped the car as she was retching, he urinated and she “walked normally” onto Beresford Avenue. Relowicz says this was not true.

Version 3: Account to his friend Darius. Relowicz allegedly told Darius that a woman had flagged him down and tried to undo his belt, so he threw her out of the car. Relowicz said: “This is not true.” He has been told that is Darius’ evidence. Also given to his friend Rafal. Relowicz allegedly told Rafal the girl he had come across started to remove her knickers. Relowicz says he did not tell Rafal that.

Version 4: This is the version Relowicz has told the jury during the trial

Version 5: Defence statement. This was written on February 5, 2020 and was given to the court in a statement. Relowicz cannot recall this.

Pawel quizzed by prosecutors as he returns to the witness box

16:08
Relowicz admits defence statement is 'not true'

Relowicz has admitted the defence statement written almost a year ago is not true.

Mr Wright said: “Your lawyers prepared it on your instructions didn’t they?”

Relowicz has confirmed this.

Mr Wright said: “This document was served on your behalf. Nearly a year ago. It hasn’t been amended or corrected.”

The statement says: “The accused denies raping and killing Liberty Squire. He will say he came across her, spoke to her and agreed to give her a lift home in his car. The accused believed the address she was directing him to was her mother’s address.

“She was affected by drink and upset. On route, she removed her knickers and gently threw them at the accused. Is that true or not?”

Relowicz says “this is not true.”

He says it was included “because it was a lie.”

16:09
Relowicz tries to explain why he lied

Relowicz had already pleaded guilty to the voyeurism, burglaries and outraging public decency by the time his defence statement was prepared.

Mr Wright said: “Why did you say in your statement, ‘she removed her knickers and gently threw them at the accused?’”

Relowicz says: “This was a lie.”

Mr Wright said: “So you continued to tell deliberate lies.”

Relowicz says he “did not want his wife to find out he was cheating on her.”

The statement said: “When he parked up she got out and fell over and when he went to help her up they had sex.”

Mr Wright said: “Does that not give the game away to your wife, that line that says you had sex?”

Relowicz said: “I didn’t want to tell her I had sex with another woman.”

He has repeated that he did her seatbelt “for safety” and “if she sat down and I had the ignition on an alarm would go off saying the seatbelt was not on".

He added: “She was drunk so she could open the door at any time while I was driving.”

This is the bit. He did her seatbelt up for safety and to stop the alarm going off whilst he had the ignition on. Ok, that makes sense. But why would he think Libby would open the car door whilst he's driving? No. That's not the reason you locked her in, is it Pawel?

16:12
'I lied as I needed time to accept my problems'

Mr Wright asked Relowicz why he was lying.

Relowicz said: “Because I needed some time to accept all of my problems.”

Mr Wright said: “Why does you needing time to accept your problems explain why you lied about Libby throwing her knickers at you?”

Relowicz said: “Just the same Rafal started talking, I said this lie because I didn’t want my wife to find out that I had sex with another woman.”

Mr Wright said: “The very next line declares you had sex with another woman.”

Relowicz said: “Because I had to be honest. It was just sex without any meaning.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member