UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM. Based on this I think I could find him guilty of murder.

- He did subject her to an unlawful act that caused her death

- He intended to cause her serious harm

He attacked and then left a half dressed drunk girl in a freezing park in the middle of the night.

Yeah, I think the way the judge has phrased this makes a murder conviction more likely.

12:04
Relowicz 'did not pick up Libby to help her'

Mr Wright argued Relowicz was no good Samaritan and his intentioins were for from honourable.

He said: “As to the journey, was it a hesitant meander around the streets of Hull as he tried to instructions and directions or was it a short hop, an unbroken journey - not to a police station or hospital but to Oak Road and the playing fields beyond it.

“Not just to Oak Road, but the end of it, dark. Where he had been just hours before with the purpose of committing a sexual offence.

"There this girl, with the cuts knees, crying terribly asking for her mum, the girl who was drunk and hypothermic, did not say ‘This is a nice patch of grass, I will lie down so you can have unprotected sex with me.’

“There on the playing fields he did what he had been wanting all night, and he raped Libby Squire."

Libby Squire murder trial live updates as Relowicz defence concludes

Due to lockdown I haven't actually spoken to many people about it. What is interesting is that my two friends and I who both know the park well do not think the time line is possible even taking various things into account. And don't think he killed her.

However, my boyfriend who has lived all his life in Hull yet never set foot in that park is adamant that he did do it and the time lines work. We spent about an hour arguing over Google maps and the pics provided
Thankyou. It's interesting that the judge appears not to have even mentioned the time line - at least it's not been reported that she mentioned it.

She said if the jury find that Libby was assaulted by someone else or fell into the river or put herself into the river in an act of self harm, then Relowicz would not be guilty of murder.

There's been zero evidence for any of those options presented to the jury I think.

12:0
Relowicz went back out to 'leave no trace' of the crimes he committed

Mr Wright said: “Pawel Relowicz went out again, his sexual urges unsatisfied. He went back and got out of his car - he had lied about that third visit and he continues, we suggest, to lie about it to you.

"Why? Because he knows he went back because of what he had done during his second visit. He knows he went back to see no trace of what he had done had been left behind.

“What better way to put her body dead, dying or alive, into the River Hull and swept out to sea as she was?"

12:11
Relowicz continued to lie, prosecution claims

The jury is being told by Mr Wright that Relowicz continued to lie after his arrest.

He said: “When he was arrested he lied. Sleeping on it and claiming he had seen it, missing out what he knew well that the police could not prove without her body, missing out he had had sex with her.

“The fact he revealed long after she was found and long after the DNA findings revealed, was it in February last year that he admitted having sex with her. And he still lied about her throwing her knickers and then being seen tottering off holding her knickers.

“They were told to mislead the court, they were lies we suggest only said because of the evidence and because she was found with her knickers on."

12:12
'Terrible twist of fate'

Mr Wright said: “Pawel Relowicz, we suggest, has lied throughout these proceedings and Libby Squire died because it was her sheer misfortune by a terrible twist of fate, to stray into the path of a man who was looking for this opportunity who, having achieved the easy sex he was looking for, killed his victim.”

12:15
Prosecution says jury can be sure Libby was raped

Mr Wright said: “The defence would have you hear that there he was, the prolific sexual offender, looking for someone to spy on, to masturbate at, every time he had drawn a blank because he couldn’t find a victim.

“There is an attractive young girl. In a place where he’d gone to commit a sexual offence. That girl just happened to get in his car and direct him somewhere he had been earlier and having been crying and begging to go home to her mother suddenly said ‘Now I’m here I’ll lie in the snow and cold and I’ll have unprotected sex here.’

“It is, we suggest in common sense, a nonsense proposition."

Two years ago today, in the early hours of February 1st 2019, Libby's family and friends discovered that she was missing. At the time, they had no idea of the terrible things that had happened to her and hoped, like we all did, that she would turn up safe and sound. Two years ago today, the lives of everyone who knew and loved Libby were changed forever.

This trial has clearly been stressful for all of us here on WS. Let's take a moment to think about how unimaginably stressful the last few weeks must have been for those who were close to Libby. Let's try and keep today's discussion about the trial respectful, in case any of Libby's loved ones are reading.

No matter whether you believe Pawel to be innocent or guilty, of one crime or both, the fact remains that everyone reading this post, on this forum, is doing so because they are here for Libby.

Today is significant, there is no denying that by any of us. Two years since this case began, potentially the end of this trial, at least the end of the evidence for this trial. No matter the outcome, let's not let this thread descend into bickering or squabbling. Let's remember why we're here and how Libby's loved ones must be feeling today.

We remember you, Libby. We're all here because of you. <3

Lovely Sera xx

Hope her family find some peace when this is all over. Two years, how sad to think that this time back then there must have been some hope she would come home safe still.

I hadn't realised that Libby had already dropped her keys before heading to the Welly. I guess this explains why she didn't even attempt to get inside her house when the taxi dropped her off. She must have realised she'd lost her keys.

Was it not when she got home and went to the other students house? Did she not drop them in their garden?

Was it not when she got home and went to the other students house? Did she not drop them in their garden?
I read this as meaning that when she left her house to go to the Welly, she dropped her keys in the other students' garden. Unless it's mistake by the reporter and it should have said 'when she left their house'.

“When she left her house she left behind any prospect of getting into her own home as she dropped her house keys in their garden. On she walked, a short walk to a brightly lit and busy street on the corner of Haworth Street.

edited to add... although it says 'their' garden.

12:20
'Rape plain and simple'

The prosecution say this is rape “plain and simple.”

Mr Wright says Relowicz’s previous convictions provide context. He has invited the jury to look at his behaviour and Libby’s, the contact between them, the decision to go to Oak Road, his injuries, his lies and the “unlikelihood” of his account of what happened.

He has invited the jury to apply their common sense.

I hadn't realised that Libby had already dropped her keys before heading to the Welly. I guess this explains why she didn't even attempt to get inside her house when the taxi dropped her off. She must have realised she'd lost her keys.
I read that as she dropped them after the taxi dropped her off. MOO
Edit to add: I say this because the points are given in chronological order. Denied by Welly, friends sent home in taxi, arrived home, dropped keys, headed to Haworth. MOO

Thankyou. It's interesting that the judge appears not to have even mentioned the time line - at least it's not been reported that she mentioned it.

She said if the jury find that Libby was assaulted by someone else or fell into the river or put herself into the river in an act of self harm, then Relowicz would not be guilty of murder.

There's been zero evidence for any of those options presented to the jury I think.
She will do a detailed summing up of all the evidence after the prosecution and defence have made their closing speeches.

This is what he says about the keys:
“When that cold air hit her, she was very drunk. So much so the doormen would not let her enter the premises. Her friends did not abandon her, they did the sensible thing and put her into a taxi and told the driver to take her home.

“They hadn’t left her and she hadn’t argued with her boyfriend. What she had done was get drunk and very cold and very upset.

“When she left her house she left behind any prospect of getting into her own home as she dropped her house keys in their garden. On she walked, a short walk to a brightly lit and busy street on the corner of Haworth Street.

“That’s where she stayed, asking for her mum. Not wandering off across open fields into the dark she hated so much, not trying to throw herself into passing traffic. Just sat upset and crying."

Relowicz went back out to 'leave no trace' of the crimes he committed
Mr Wright said: “Pawel Relowicz went out again, his sexual urges unsatisfied. He went back and got out of his car - he had lied about that third visit and he continues, we suggest, to lie about it to you.

"Why? Because he knows he went back because of what he had done during his second visit. He knows he went back to see no trace of what he had done had been left behind.

“What better way to put her body dead, dying or alive, into the River Hull and swept out to sea as she was?"

They seem to be going for the murder happening on his last visit now.

They seem to be going for the murder happening on his last visit now.

Which takes into account the 12.30 screams imo
1st screams rape
2nd 12.30 screaming for help (all continuous screams imo)
She could have passed out after that
He went back, after reflection at home.
Put her in river.
JMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors