Found Deceased UK - Lindsay Birbeck, 47, Accrington, 12 Aug 2019 *Arrest* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a query about the date the witness went on her second walk and the jacket was no longer there.

The reporter says 9:30am the next day, August 27th, which was pointed out here was likely an error.

She says she knew Lindsay was missing and was seen on cctv wearing purple jacket with possibly red lining.

On the 13th (I haven't found a time yet) the missing report in Lancashire Telegraph stated Lindsay was wearing a blue and white striped jacket, black shirt and black leggings.

On the 14th, at 6:00am, the missing report on ITV has been updated with the cctv image and describes her clothing as purple bubble jacket, black leggings, dark trainers with white sole. The cctv image shows a red lining to her jacket hood.

I assume the coat was in the fields as indicated, however if the walkers were on the path above the fields when it was sighted I am just not sure. Foliage would have been at its most dense, from the blind bend they mention when she turned, there is only one possible view point, I have a photo of this but can't upload, even now before the summer growth I think it would be too hard to make out a coat. I am unsure therefore of where they were in relation to the coat sighting. My thoughts are now that LB came across him on the steep coppice path leading through the woods, knowing it would be difficult to out run him on an incline, she made her way across the fields running back down towards her safe haven of home...she maybe stumbled with the pace and he then he attacked her.
I don't know if this snippet from Lancashire Telegraph will help you?
11:28am

Before the break jury heard a statement of community search volunteer Shane Killaway.

He said that night during the search he noticed dog walkers Judith and Martin Bibby on The Coppice.

While out walking they said the previous day at 4.30pm they saw a jacket on a fence line.

Mr Killaway and Mr Bibby climbed over the fence and searched the field and the jury heard they could not find anything.

Mr Killaway marked the area by pacing it. It was between 183m to 187m up the footpath from the gate and 17m into the fence line, the court heard.

The jury were told that he also took photographs of the marker point and marked it on a map.

11:22am

I have a query about the date the witness went on her second walk and the jacket was no longer there.

The reporter says 9:30am the next day, August 27th, which was pointed out here was likely an error.

She says she knew Lindsay was missing and was seen on cctv wearing purple jacket with possibly red lining.

On the 13th (I haven't found a time yet) the missing report in Lancashire Telegraph stated Lindsay was wearing a blue and white striped jacket, black shirt and black leggings.

On the 14th, at 6:00am, the missing report on ITV has been updated with the cctv image and describes her clothing as purple bubble jacket, black leggings, dark trainers with white sole. The cctv image shows a red lining to her jacket hood.
Mr and Mrs Bibby were at the coppice at approximately 4.10pm on 12th August, and, again on 13th August at 9.30am

I remember all the early reports talked about a blue and white striped jacket, which was confusing once they released the cctv.

This is from August 27
Lindsay was last seen wearing a purple Rab bubble jacket, black leggings, a white shirt with blue pin stripes and black trainers with a white sole.

Mr and Mrs Bibby's statement.

The jury was read a statement from Judith Bibby who went to the Coppice with her husband Martin at 4.20pm on August 12 with their dog Ralph.

Mrs Bibby said during the walk she noticed a red anorak hanging on a barb wire fence post.

She said: "It was shiny. It was a nice day and I thought it was strange as the area to the left of the path where we were was covered in brambles.

"The only way you would be able to get to the fence where the anorak was is through the field as the brambles are so overgrown. The path is about four metres away from this and the field was fully overgrown.

Mrs Bibby said she continued walking for a couple of metres and then 'heard a voice'.

She said: "I could not say if it was a male or a female. My first thought is that it was kids. It was the school holidays that day and also nice weather.

"The voice was just a voice. I didn't know what was being said. It was soft, not shouting, nothing malicious.

"I had no idea at that time that Lindsay Birbeck was missing."

Mrs Bibby said they returned to the Coppice the next day and the red anorak 'wasn't there'.

The jury heard that Mrs Bibby was now aware that Lindsay was missing and had seen CCTV of what she was wearing at the time of her disappearance.

She reported the sighting to an 'official looking' man on the Coppice who was helping with the search for Lindsay and then to police a few days later.

Mr and Mrs Bibby's statement.

The jury was read a statement from Judith Bibby who went to the Coppice with her husband Martin at 4.20pm on August 12 with their dog Ralph.

Mrs Bibby said during the walk she noticed a red anorak hanging on a barb wire fence post.

She said: "It was shiny. It was a nice day and I thought it was strange as the area to the left of the path where we were was covered in brambles.

"The only way you would be able to get to the fence where the anorak was is through the field as the brambles are so overgrown. The path is about four metres away from this and the field was fully overgrown.

Mrs Bibby said she continued walking for a couple of metres and then 'heard a voice'.

She said: "I could not say if it was a male or a female. My first thought is that it was kids. It was the school holidays that day and also nice weather.

"The voice was just a voice. I didn't know what was being said. It was soft, not shouting, nothing malicious.

"I had no idea at that time that Lindsay Birbeck was missing."

Mrs Bibby said they returned to the Coppice the next day and the red anorak 'wasn't there'.

The jury heard that Mrs Bibby was now aware that Lindsay was missing and had seen CCTV of what she was wearing at the time of her disappearance.

She reported the sighting to an 'official looking' man on the Coppice who was helping with the search for Lindsay and then to police a few days later.
Yeah, I've confirmed the dates and times the information was released. They couldn't have known at 9:30am on the 13th what Lindsay was wearing, so they must have their date and time wrong of the second walk when the coat had gone, because they said they knew the clothing description.

So it couldn't have been 9:30am on 13th because the appeal hadn't been circulated yet, and the clothing description and cctv wasn't circulated until later.
I know what you mean about the cctv not being released at that point. When it is said in the article 'Mrs Bibby was now aware Lindsay was missing', could they have been referring to a later date than 13/8/2019, but, haven't stated this clearly?

I know what you mean about the cctv not being released at that point. When it is said in the article 'Mrs Bibby was now aware Lindsay was missing', could they have been referring to a later date than 13/8/2019, but, haven't stated this clearly?
If the time of their walk is correct (9:30am) the earliest their walk (with knowledge of the correct clothing) could have been was the 14th.

I think it's msm condensing the info. This is how I see it.

Monday August 12
Mr and Mrs Bibby on Coppice at 4.30pm. She sees the jacket and hears the voice.

Tuesday August 13
Mr and Mrs Bibby on Coppice at 9.30am, walking dog, jacket no longer there.
That evening, by which time Lindsay has been reported missing by msm, they go back to The Coppice to help with the search and they report the info re the jacket to Shane Killaway.

Few days later, Mrs Bibby also reports the info to the police.

This was her evidence (statement) -

Red anorak not there the next day
Judith Bibby said they went on another walk around the Coppice at 9.30am the next day (August 27) and the anorak wasn’t there.

She said she was aware Lindsay was missing and was seen on CCTV wearing a purple jacket with a different coloured lining, possibly red.

Mrs Bibby said she thought the red anorak ‘could have been her jacket inside out’.

She later reported the finding to an ‘official’ man on the Coppice and then reported it to police.
Found Deceased - UK - Lindsay Birbeck, 47, Accrington, 12 Aug 2019 *Arrest* #2

I don't know if that means she became aware after her walk, but it doesn't sound like it in the order its put in the statement. Could be she is confused about the date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kzrrz