Found Deceased UK - Lindsay Birbeck, 47, Accrington, 12 Aug 2019 *Arrest* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

jamjim

Reaction score
"POLICE are appealing for information for a missing woman.

Lindsay Birbeck has not been seen since 2.30pm on Monday August 12, 2019, and her family are becoming increasingly worried as this is very out of character for her.

Ms Birbeck has been missing from Burnley Road, Accrington, however may have links to Burnley and Blackburn.

She is described as a White Female, 5 Foot 11 tall, Slim Build, Shoulder length dark hair, last seen wearing a blue and white striped jacket, black shirt and black leggings.

If anyone has any information with regards to her whereabouts please could you contact Lancashire Police on 101 Quoting LC-20190813-0016."

y5pmpcn9

Appeal to find missing woman

Urgent appeal to find missing Lancashire woman

___

Thread #1 - Found Deceased - UK - Lindsay Birbeck, 47, Accrington, 12 Aug 2019 *Arrest*
Thread #2
Thread #3

Last edited by a moderator:
Lindsay Birbeck murder trial date 'in the air' due to pandemic

The retrial was due to start on June 15 at Preston Crown Court but will now be postponed

June 1, 2020
The retrial of a teenager accused of murdering teaching assistant Lindsay Birbeck is set to be postponed because of coronavirus.
[.....]
A trial began on February 25 and was due to last for three weeks before being halted on March 10 - before the pandemic outbreak.

A jury of 11 women and one man were discharged from reaching their verdicts at Preston Crown Court by Her Honour Mrs Justice Yip.

The 'legal reasons' for the jury being discharged cannot be given due to reporting restrictions in the case.
[.....]
The case is now listed for a 'mention and fix' hearing on June 15 for the court to find a new trial date with an estimated length of between two and three weeks.

It is not known if the trial will still be held at Preston Crown Court.

Meh!

Anyway, as we saw with Dominic Cummings, it's a known tactic to make up fables.

Since I have no access to the court site - I'll count on someone here to correct me if I'm wrong on this hearing....

Monday, June 15th:
*Mention & Fix Hearing (@ 10:30am UK) – UK – Lindsay Birbeck (47) (from Huncoat; last seen ~ 2:30pm on Aug. 12, 2019 & walking towards Accrington on Burnley Road @ 4:06pm on CCTV; found Aug. 24, 2019 in the area of Accrington Cemetery on Burnley Road) - *16/now 17 year old arrested (8/27/19) on suspicion of murder & on charged (8/31/19) with murder. Plead not guilty. Remanded to custody.
First Trial began on 2/25/20 with jury selection. Trial started on 2/26 with opening statements. Trial expected to last to 3/13 at the Preston Crown Court. Mrs. Justice Amanda Yip will be presiding judge. Jury: 11 women & 1 man. Trial was suspended on 3/10/20.
The Judge has told the jury that the defendant has a moderate learning disability & suffers with ADHD & autism & finds communication more difficult than other people of similar age.
Trial was set to begin on 6/15/20 (should last about 2- 3 weeks)-cancelled.

6/1/20 Update: Trial has been cancelled due to COVID-19. Instead a “mention & fix” hearing will be held on 6/15/20.

Since I have no access to the court site - I'll count on someone here to correct me if I'm wrong on this hearing....

Monday, June 15th:
*Mention & Fix Hearing (@ 10:30am UK) – UK – Lindsay Birbeck (47) (from Huncoat; last seen ~ 2:30pm on Aug. 12, 2019 & walking towards Accrington on Burnley Road @ 4:06pm on CCTV; found Aug. 24, 2019 in the area of Accrington Cemetery on Burnley Road) - *16/now 17 year old arrested (8/27/19) on suspicion of murder & on charged (8/31/19) with murder. Plead not guilty. Remanded to custody.
First Trial began on 2/25/20 with jury selection. Trial started on 2/26 with opening statements. Trial expected to last to 3/13 at the Preston Crown Court. Mrs. Justice Amanda Yip will be presiding judge. Jury: 11 women & 1 man. Trial was suspended on 3/10/20.
The Judge has told the jury that the defendant has a moderate learning disability & suffers with ADHD & autism & finds communication more difficult than other people of similar age.
Trial was set to begin on 6/15/20 (should last about 2- 3 weeks)-cancelled.

6/1/20 Update: Trial has been cancelled due to COVID-19. Instead a “mention & fix” hearing will be held on 6/15/20.
Yeah it's on the list for today. Court 5 at Preston, 10.30am. I won't link as they've listed his name (again!).

My mistake - seems that July 21 is just another hearing ?

Trial now in August

A re-trial into the murder of Lindsay Birbeck, whose body was found in Accrington Cemetery in August last year, was expected to commence at Preston Crown Court today.

However, due to the coronavirus crisis and difficulties with social distancing making it impossible to seat a jury in the courtroom, the trial has been adjourned until Monday August 3, almost a year to the day that Mrs Birbeck went missing.

Re-trial into the murder of Lindsay Birbeck to take place in August

I shall post this & then wait for @Alyce to check the court site.

Tuesday, July 21st:
*Pretrial Review Hearing (@ am UK) – UK – Lindsay Birbeck (47) (from Huncoat; last seen ~ 2:30pm on Aug. 12, 2019 & walking towards Accrington on Burnley Road @ 4:06pm on CCTV; found Aug. 24, 2019 in the area of Accrington Cemetery on Burnley Road) - *16/now 17 year old arrested (8/27/19) on suspicion of murder & charged (8/31/19) with murder. Plead not guilty. Remanded to custody.
First Trial began on 2/25/20 with jury selection. Trial started on 2/26 with opening statements. Trial expected to last to 3/13 at the Preston Crown Court. Mrs. Justice Amanda Yip will be presiding judge. Jury: 11 women & 1 man. Trial was suspended on 3/10/20 due to COVID-19. The Judge has told the jury that the defendant has a moderate learning disability & suffers with ADHD & autism & finds communication more difficult than other people of similar age.
Trial was set to begin on 6/15/20 was cancelled due to COVID-19 & rescheduled on 8/3/20 (should last 2 wks).

6/1/20 Update: Trial has been cancelled due to COVID-19. Instead a “mention & fix” hearing will be held on 6/15/20. 6/15/20 Update: Defendant appeared via video link. Decided on trial date of 8/3/20 & should last about 2 weeks & will held held at the Preston Crown Court. Next pretrial review hearing on 7/21/20.

Court 5 - sitting at 12:30 pm

THE HONOURABLE MRS JUSTICE YIP DBE

SITTING AT 02:15 pm

For Mention (Defendant to Attend)

T20197499 ***** ***** *

04ZL2733419 LNCSM Crown Prosecution Service

at 2:15pm. by PVL.

TRL 3/8/20 PVL Wetherby

I have starred out the name but it is openly stated on the site

DETAILS of how a murder re-trial will work under the coronavirus restrictions have been laid out in court.

On Tuesday, Mrs Amanda Justice Yip along with defence and prosecution counsels, told Preston Crown Court how the re-trial into the murder of Lindsay Birbeck would run.

The hearing will be split across three courtrooms to safely accommodate all those who will be attending, and allowing the defendant to appear in court via videolink.

The re-trial, beginning on August 3, is expected to last for two weeks.

Lindsay Birbeck murder retrial to be held over 3 courtrooms to be Covid-safe

Ah I did wonder if he would appear by link for his trial, from the reference today on the court details.
Hopefully this will save some time and they wont have to finish early to allow for his 2 hour transfer... and no more too tired complaints from the defendant.

I've dipped in and out of this case due to case overload and life!

Is everyone thinking he's guilty? Not guilty or on the fence? Regarding the murder charge only?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper