UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder whether AW and the youth sat up late skipping through the video's together?

If we believe what JC says........

"At about midnight Logan was still refusing to go to bed and was behaving badly so Cole went to bed, leaving Logan with Williamson.”

This was the summary article produced after court by WalesOnline today -

"On Thursday, jurors were told about the "schedule of events" that happened around the time of the killing - including a number of videos watched on YouTube - that had been accessed from the Google account of Logan's mum Williamson.

Cardiff Crown Court heard that the videos watched included "Spoon used to remove man’s cyst”, “Dr Pimple Popper” and “Cleaning big long toenail”. There is dispute over who was using Williamson’s phone to access the videos, but analysis of the defendant’s phone prior to the night in question revealed she had watched similar videos including Dr Pimple Popper and videos of a surgical and medical nature."

List of YouTube videos watched the night boy was allegedly murdered

This was the summary article produced after court by WalesOnline today -

"On Thursday, jurors were told about the "schedule of events" that happened around the time of the killing - including a number of videos watched on YouTube - that had been accessed from the Google account of Logan's mum Williamson.

Cardiff Crown Court heard that the videos watched included "Spoon used to remove man’s cyst”, “Dr Pimple Popper” and “Cleaning big long toenail”. There is dispute over who was using Williamson’s phone to access the videos, but analysis of the defendant’s phone prior to the night in question revealed she had watched similar videos including Dr Pimple Popper and videos of a surgical and medical nature."

List of YouTube videos watched the night boy was allegedly murdered

So if the youth was in care or somewhere else at the time her earlier phone data was analysed it could be inferred that it was her watching youtube on 31st July?

ETD

Last edited:
I imagine that when poor little Logan was discovered to be dead, there could have been a certain amount of disbelief and shock, even from the perpetrators.
Possibly they were initially covering up his injuries and hoping that he would get better? Instead, he became weaker, less responsive, and at some point took his last breath. It may be that the youth was asleep at the time death was discovered?

I imagine the most violent and dominant senior person in the household then 'took charge' of a crisis. This could have involved something like telling AW to 'sit down, shut up, and let me think'. She could have been distracting herself from going insane by watching rubbish videos.

Or the both adults likewise could have said same to youth who then sat and scrolled thru videos on AW phone for entertainment ?

I imagine that when poor little Logan was discovered to be dead, there could have been a certain amount of disbelief and shock, even from the perpetrators.
Possibly they were initially covering up his injuries and hoping that he would get better? Instead, he became weaker, less responsive, and at some point took his last breath. It may be that the youth was asleep at the time death was discovered?

I imagine the most violent and dominant senior person in the household then 'took charge' of a crisis. This could have involved something like telling AW to 'sit down, shut up, and let me think'. She could have been distracting herself from going insane by watching rubbish videos.

Or the both adults likewise could have said same to youth who then sat and scrolled thru videos on AW phone for entertainment ?

I agree.
I think AW was up all night. JC possibly did go to bed for an hour or so, as he probably didn't give a ****.
Not many Mothers or anyone wouldn't know something was seriously wrong with LM after receiving that many horrific injuries.
Denial is a powerful defense mechanism. I think this may have been the case with her at the time. Or was it cold, callous, waiting for LM to die before he could be disposed of?
There was certainly a lot of observation or checking of LM that night. Or was he just receiving bashes at intervals until the end?
JMO

Last edited:
I agree.
I think AW was up all night. JC possibly did go to bed for an hour or so, as he probably didn't give a ****.
Not many Mothers or anyone wouldn't know something was seriously wrong with LM after receiving that many horrific injuries.
Denial is a powerful defense mechanism. I think this may have been the case with her at the time. Or was it cold, callous, waiting for LM to die before he could be disposed of?
There was certainly a lot of observation or checking of LM that night. Or was he just receiving bashes at intervals until the end?
JMO
Yes.
I think she kept vigil checking on Logan from time to time and mindlessly scrolling through her usual videos between checks.

I think she was terrified and both JC and the boy were sleeping.

Logan Mwangi: Murder accused Googled 'five-year-old dead'

"The court heard one Dr Pimple Popper video, showing a man having a cyst removed, had been viewed a total of 27 times over a six-week period."

What's the angle for the amount of times a certain video has been played? Could they be insinuating something along the lines of ASD for someone; a 'special interest' being one of the triad of impairments. Or just that the same person has had access to that account?

Boy, 5, had 'dark circles around his eyes', teacher tells murder trial

Those who know me know I LOVE A STATEMENT. Straight from the horse's mouth and all that.

So, I've had a little look. To see if AW's statement in August 2020 about Logan's broken arm and dislocated shoulder appears to be truthful, or deceptive (all in my unqualified opinion, nothing factual, probably biased)

The first thing I was looking for was a definitive statement that Logan fell down the stairs. See the phone call to police (copied below) in Jan 2021 where she says it three times, no doubt after much practice with friends and family some 5 months down the road.

So, what do we have at the hospital :

I am the mother of Logan Williamson. I am currently in a relationship with John Cole. He resides at 20 Maesglas near Sarn. We live five minutes from each other and regularly stay at each other’s houses.

“On August 15 I was staying at John Cole’s house with Logan, four… At around 5pm I was in the kitchen, except Logan who was upstairs in one of the bedrooms. There was a camera in his bedroom so I can watch him from the kitchen….

“Dinner was ready so I called Logan through the monitor to come down as food was ready. He acknowledged my request and I heard a slight thud when he jumped off the mattress and ran across the landing.

“This took two to three seconds and next thing I heard was a series of very loud thuds. I thought he had fallen and ran to help. I immediately saw Logan in a heap at the bottom of the first flight of stairs. He was screaming and appeared to be in a lot of pain."

-----

"I thought he had fallen". (Note also that Logan is a verbal child, at age 4. What AW "thought" could have been verified by Logan.) "I thought he had fallen" has many problems. It omits 'down the stairs'. People don't like lying to police, in case they muck up and it doesn't sound convincing. Not only that but the "I thought" part should have been confirmed immediately and by the next day she should be sure about it. It's not relevant to tell police what AW was thinking as she stood in the kitchen, unless she's building up a story. (IMO)

So I'm immediately doubting whether she believed Logan fell down the stairs.

Next I went through the statement looking for other things that stood out:

"At around 5pm I was in the kitchen, except Logan who was upstairs in one of the bedrooms. There was a camera in his bedroom so I can watch him from the kitchen."

She's placed him upstairs, which would of course have to be true for a fall down the stairs, but the part saying "except Logan" is, I would say, nervous babble. It isn't a proper sentence.

--

Dinner was ready so I called Logan through the monitor to come down as food was ready."

It seems so important that AW has a reason for Logan coming down the stairs that she says dinner/food was ready twice. More attempts to convince, IMO, because who cares why Logan was coming down the stairs? It's not relevant but when irrelevant details are given it becomes more likely to be story building and delaying getting to the only relevant part - the injury, IMO.

--

"He acknowledged my request and I heard a slight thud when he jumped off the mattress and ran across the landing."

More irrelevant detail in that Logan "acknowledged" her request. Then BOOM "and I heard a slight thud when he jumped off the mattress and ran across the landing." AW heard a slight thud - she's just said she was watching him, so why did she switch to an auditory narrative? What does a thud in the bedroom have to do with an injury that hadn't occurred yet? I now have to wonder, with the lack of one definitive statement that Logan fell down the stairs, whether the injury occurred in the bedroom, and that is why AW goes to all the trouble of explaining that she has a monitor in the bedroom to watch him, so justifiying why it couldn't have happened in the bedroom. It reminds me of the case of 5 year old Summer Wells (USA), where her mum says she walked her the distance of 25 feet or so from the caravan to the house, just before she disappeared, as if she needed constant supervision. I think emphasising parental vigilance is a narrative often used by neglectful parents. I think Logan had his humerus broken and shoulder dislocated by the youth in the bedroom and the only excuse they could come up with was a fall down stairs, and she couldn't even bring herself to state that part because it was a lie.

--

"This took two to three seconds and next thing I heard was a series of very loud thuds. I thought he had fallen and ran to help. I immediately saw Logan in a heap at the bottom of the first flight of stairs. He was screaming and appeared to be in a lot of pain."

More irrelevant detail in the time it took Logan to exit the bedroom, seems like another build up. AW is very focused in this part on herself, what she heard, what she thought, what she saw and what she did. Then she describes Logan screams last. She would have heard him before she saw him. He is the last priority, after herself, in her statement about what happened to Logan.

--

I conclude, IMO, it's deceptive and it's all designed to make her seem like a good mother which wouldn't be needed if it was true. When my son fell in the garden and hit his head and needed an ambulance it was about 15 odd years ago but I don't remember telling them what I was doing at the time and what I heard, all that was important was telling them how the injury happened.

--

Lastly, the call to police - where the stairs narrative can't be undone after the early statement, but the youth is now being held accountable for Logan's injuries. Maybe he did beat him up and push him down the stairs but I have doubts the stairs were involved given the unnecessary explanations AW gave of watching the bedroom, and with two injuries, a broken arm and dislocated shoulder. Just my opinion. :

"A call made by Angharad Williamson to police on January 20, 2021, is played to the court.

During the call, Williamson tells the officer the youth defendant confessed to pushing Logan down the stairs.

She said: “My son broke his arm and been to the hospital. We thought he had fallen down the stairs but (the youth) pushed him, we only just found out.”

She added: “My four-year-old son Logan, he fell down the stairs. I took him to hospital and got him checked out and everything. I have been in a domestic violence situation before and I got looked into. I thought he fell downstairs and (the youth) confessed.... he pushed him down stairs. I can't keep my mouth shut, this is unacceptable.”
I loved and appreciated your assessment of her statement, Tortoise. Well done.

I wonder whether AW and the youth sat up late skipping through the video's together?

If we believe what JC says........

"At about midnight Logan was still refusing to go to bed and was behaving badly so Cole went to bed, leaving Logan with Williamson.”

I imagine this part of JC's narrative could be absolute garbage. With the severity of injuries Logan had, deadly injuries as it turned out, then it's hardly likely he would be up and about doing anything, least of all behaving badly. I should think he'd have been laying on his bed groaning with agony in a semi conscious state for quite some time before he actually passed.

Sounds like this is JC's attempt at framing AW into Logan's last hours alive, conveniently not involving himself or the youth.

Did AW perhaps stay at Logan's bedside in his dying hours watching over him and hoping he would magically recover? Distracting self with rubbish videos?

Logan Mwangi: Murder accused Googled 'five-year-old dead'

"The court heard one Dr Pimple Popper video, showing a man having a cyst removed, had been viewed a total of 27 times over a six-week period."

What's the angle for the amount of times a certain video has been played? Could they be insinuating something along the lines of ASD for someone; a 'special interest' being one of the triad of impairments. Or just that the same person has had access to that account?

I suspect they'd be trying to suggest this is a child's or <modsnip>person's video consumption and not that of a grown woman and mother.

It's certainly an ASD / ADHD / OCD thing to watch or listen to something repeatedly, usually for calming reassurance of the predictable repetitiveness.

Given the content matter, hardly so, that pertains to someone immature who likes to laugh at the same yukky 'joke' over and over again, maybe for their own pleasure or showing other people, it's a bit mocking, it's a bit sadistic maybe. Could also just be for daft laughs and indicate intoxication?

Last edited by a moderator:
Good point, I doubt that they can, I suppose anyone who knew her log in could use her phone
I wonder if we will hear that explanation when the defense kicks in? She might say the youth was using her phone at that time.
ETA: NEVERMIND--LOOKS like the youth might not have been there?

Last edited:
I wonder if we will hear that explanation when the defense kicks in? She might say the youth was using her phone at that time.
ETA: NEVERMIND--LOOKS like the youth might not have been there?
The youth and JC were both at the house. The timeline doesn't mention them arriving, only leaving and coming back after they dumped Logan

They must have some pretty strong evidence to charge ALL THREE with murder. The Crown Prosecution are quite thorough and only press charges when they have pretty strong reason to.
I think the really disturbing stuff is yet to come in this case and it wouldn't surprise me if AW has another one of her "seizures" during her evidence and subsequent cross examination.

Yes.
I think she kept vigil checking on Logan from time to time and mindlessly scrolling through her usual videos between checks.

I think she was terrified and both JC and the boy were sleeping.

But if AW wasn't in bed, she may have been in the sitting room scrolling - Was the youth in there too with her, awake?
There is only 2 bedrooms and I doubt the youth was in with LM.

But if AW wasn't in bed, she may have been in the sitting room scrolling - Was the youth in there too with her, awake?
He was sleeping in the living room I guess.
She might have sat in the dark in an armchair OR in the kitchen.
MOO

Last edited:

I didn't realise there's only two bedrooms in AW's house. So, there's AW and the baby, JC, the Youth, and Logan. Two adults, one with a string of convictions, one violent and disturbed youth, a lively energetic infant and a tiny baby. In two bedrooms. Is there even a downstairs space or semblance of privacy for the Youth ? Was he bunking in with Logan?

EDIT: answered above - youth slept in lounge room

I didn't realise there's only two bedrooms in AW's house. So, there's AW and the baby, JC, the Youth, and Logan. Two adults, one with a string of convictions, one violent and disturbed youth, a lively energetic infant and a tiny baby. In two bedrooms. Is there even a downstairs space or semblance of privacy for the Youth ? Was he bunking in with Logan?

EDIT: answered above - youth slept in lounge room
And this tiny area/cramped space was another factor for increase of aggression.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enthusiastic