GUILTY UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
16:27Jason Evans

Prison officer's evidence

Mrs Justice Jefford now turns to the evidence of Sarah Jones, a prison officer from HMP Cardiff. In her evidence - which was in the form of a written statement which was read to the court - the officer recalled a number of comments Cole had made to her on September 1 after he had been remanded into custody including “I don’t know why they think I could have murdered Logan…” and “I’ve got a moral dilemma, do I go down for murder or protect (name of the youth)?”

Logan Mwangi murder trial - live updates

I didn't realize that when AW and JC met he was already living with another woman. Not sure that's ever been mentioned before or did I just miss it?
It was.

Everything was said already.

Except maybe the problems within the foster family itself - I don't think it was reported to the public.

Last edited:
Last edited:
So
If this is trial with Jury, does it mean these Jurors are cut off their work/jobs for over a year?
Or the Court sits every other week/month?
I know it is off topic, but Im curious :)

Jurors can ask to be excused if that length of trial would cause financial hardship, which for most people it would. I would guess that the jurors were either not working (unemployed/retired/economically inactive), or they were in a job where their employer paid their full wage (usually public sector/civil service).
Jmo

Hi all, thanks for all the updates and the comments. I’ve enjoyed reading your thoughts on this - if ‘enjoyed’ is the right word.

I’m surprised that JC’s ex wasn’t called as a witness - considering they had witness statements from people involved with the youth which gave an insight into his character.
If JC was abusive and known for his tall tales (I think I would have laughed in his face if he’d told me his SAS stories) then I imagine his ex could have provided some damning evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz