UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I presume AW's next of kin will arrange LW's funeral.
Would AW be allowed to attend? What would be normal procedure in these circumstances?

That's an interesting question, and I hadn't thought of what would normally happen in circumstances like this.

I imagine it would be deemed too much of a security risk for AW to attend, perhaps? The strength of feeling in the community and of the other family members would surely make her attendance untenable? Then again, if she's facing the 'lesser' charge of PTCOJ as opposed to the murder charge, can the police legally restrict her from attending, even if she's currently remanded in custody?

Slightly off topic but say AW receives a short sentence, would her youngest child be adopted, put into foster care? Would she ever be allowed contact again? Her social media doesn't seem to suggest any close family, no "likes" or comments by parents, grandparents etc so just got me thinking what would happen to the baby.

I'm not saying this is what I think happened BUT...

Hypothetically IF the 13 year old had inflicted the injuries and JC had (falsely) confessed to the police that he did it himself ... And there was no evidence (as yet) to prove either way ..... What would happen? Do the police have to just accept his confession at this stage?

This isn't my opinion, just a question ... but I'll MOO anyway - just to be on the safe side.

Pleas and directions currently scheduled for 12 November. Trial pencilled in for 31 January.

I think JC will plead NG and AW will plead guilty. Unless something incendiary is yet to come out, I think the charges against the 13yo will be dropped. JC will get hard time and AW will get a suspended sentence.

That's my prediction. JMO
I hope it's more than a suspended sentence for AW. I suppose it is unusual to upgrade charges to a level of culpability for the death, but I do find it very unlikely that AW only became involved after Logan died, unless she wasn't actually at home. Unless it's a misquote the prosecutor told the court the fatal injuries were caused 24 hours before he was found, in the river. It sounds as if he was put to bed with those horrendous injuries, I'd guess probably unconscious. A mother who finds her child dead in the early hours of the morning is probably checking him I would say. It looks as though she decided not to call an ambulance before he died. It's far more than perverting the course of justice, even if there was duress. Her little boy suffered immeasurably. Why charge her with PCOJ even, if she acted under duress? Something is terribly wrong here with these charges, IMO.

I agree with what you think will happen with the minor.

"The court heard Logan was allegedly attacked at his home in Bridgend, South Wales, and was left in 'extreme pain and distress.'

Prosecutor Bethan Poole told the court how his mother found him dead in the early hours of last Saturday morning and a plot was hatched to 'cover up' the crime.

Ms Poole said: 'Angharad Williamson was shouting: 'He's dead, he's dead. They decided not to call the police and get rid of the body.'

The prosecutor told the court: 'There were three main injuries caused when Logan was alive and 24 hours before he was found dead."

Bridgend man charged with 'harrowing' murder of boy, 5, after he was put in river in 'cover-up' | Daily Mail Online

In answer to my own question :rolleyes:. I suppose it would be up to the funeral organiser to be comfortable having AW at the funeral, before normal procedures could be considered.
I suppose a private family funeral could be possible, where AW could attend - A public funeral which included the local community, her attendance, IMO would be out of the question atm.

A moral dilemma for the next of kin, I'm sure.

JMO

Slightly off topic but say AW receives a short sentence, would her youngest child be adopted, put into foster care? Would she ever be allowed contact again? Her social media doesn't seem to suggest any close family, no "likes" or comments by parents, grandparents etc so just got me thinking what would happen to the baby.

It's quite possible that her parents and grandparents (if any) do not use Facebook or other social media. I know lots of people who don't. So no inferences can be drawn from absence of comments or reactions.

I hope it's more than a suspended sentence for AW. I suppose it is unusual to upgrade charges to a level of culpability for the death, but I do find it very unlikely that AW only became involved after Logan died, unless she wasn't actually at home. Unless it's a misquote the prosecutor told the court the fatal injuries were caused 24 hours before he was found, in the river. It sounds as if he was put to bed with those horrendous injuries, I'd guess probably unconscious. A mother who finds her child dead in the early hours of the morning is probably checking him I would say. It looks as though she decided not to call an ambulance before he died. It's far more than perverting the course of justice, even if there was duress. Her little boy suffered immeasurably. Why charge her with PCOJ even, if she acted under duress? Something is terribly wrong here with these charges, IMO.

"The court heard Logan was allegedly attacked at his home in Bridgend, South Wales, and was left in 'extreme pain and distress.'

Prosecutor Bethan Poole told the court how his mother found him dead in the early hours of last Saturday morning and a plot was hatched to 'cover up' the crime.

Ms Poole said: 'Angharad Williamson was shouting: 'He's dead, he's dead. They decided not to call the police and get rid of the body.'

The prosecutor told the court: 'There were three main injuries caused when Logan was alive and 24 hours before he was found dead."

Bridgend man charged with 'harrowing' murder of boy, 5, after he was put in river in 'cover-up' | Daily Mail Online

I think that's the worst thing for me, not the way they dumped his body, but leaving him with those injuries and no medical treatment even before making the decision to not call an ambulance when he did finally die. To not see charges for that period of time and those decisions is hard to understand, and I do hope more charges will follow.

I think that's the worst thing for me, not the way they dumped his body, but leaving him with those injuries and no medical treatment even before making the decision to not call an ambulance when he did finally die. To not see charges for that period of time and those decisions is hard to understand, and I do hope more charges will follow.
I totally agree with you. That is the hardest thing for me to understand too. How could she allow him to linger in such pain?
If she gets her baby back I will be upset. Knowing that she sat back while her 5 yr old had such serious injuries and slowly died a painful death----how could she be trusted with another baby to raise? JMO

Last edited:

From your link..............

'There were three main injuries caused when Logan was alive and 24 hours before he was found dead."

Were there other injuries too?

I'm not sure why PTCOJ is not believed to serious charge w/serious penalty? :eek:

How serious is perverting the course of justice

Perverting the course of justice is an indictable-only offence, meaning that it can only be heard in the Crown Court. Other indictable-only offences include murder, manslaughter, robbery and rape. This gives some indication of the seriousness with which the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) treats allegations of perverting the course of justice.

What are the sentencing guidelines for perverting the course of justice?

When sentencing for an offence of perverting the course of justice, the court will take into account the nature of the criminal case which was interfered with, and the consequences (or possible consequences) of that interference.

Perverting the course of justice is a common law offence, the maximum possible sentence for which is life imprisonment and/or a fine. A prison sentence will be imposed for perverting the course of justice in the majority of cases, but the current CPS guidelines recommend an average sentence length of between four and 36 months. The court may also impose a fine, a suspended sentence or a community order.

UK - Logan Williamson, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor*

As I stated earlier, even if only standing by for your deceased child's body to be dumped in the river, the outraging of public decency we all felt reading about it warrants punishment greater than a 12 months prison sentence which is
routinely imposed by the CPS for perverting the course of justice in relation to motoring offences. MOO

I totally agree with you. That is the hardest thing for me to understand too. How could she allow him to linger in such pain?
If she gets her baby back I will be upset. Knowing that she sat back while her 5 yr old had such serious injuries and slowly died a painful death----how could she be trusted with another baby to raise? JMO

It's just my personal opinion, and I don't have any particular experience or expertise in this field, but I would be astonished if she was allowed to keep the baby having had another child die in this way whilst in her care, and that goes double if she receives a custodial sentence and is unavailable for contact during his infancy. I would think differently if she hadn't been charged with anything.

JMO

Social workers will most likely already be looking at the options for baby. They will look at a family based placement first, if they cannot find an appropriate safe placement within the family, they will be looking at a foster placement with the intention of it becoming an adoption placement. Baby is still young enough for adoption and they will want to secure the best long term placement. Care proceedings are always twin planned, so even if there is a family placement social workers will still prepare for possible fostering/adoption in case the placement breaks down.

The bit I’m not sure about is how care proceeding would work with AW is custody.

Social workers will most likely already be looking at the options for baby. They will look at a family based placement first, if they cannot find an appropriate safe placement within the family, they will be looking at a foster placement with the intention of it becoming an adoption placement. Baby is still young enough for adoption and they will want to secure the best long term placement. Care proceedings are always twin planned, so even if there is a family placement social workers will still prepare for possible fostering/adoption in case the placement breaks down.

The bit I’m not sure about is how care proceeding would work with AW is custody.
Thank you. That's what I've been wondering. As a mother myself I just cannot comprehend how she could have left her child in such pain and distress. If I were her my worst punishment would not be prison, it'd be knowing that when I came out I wouldn't have either of my children. But then I wouldn't have done it in the first place.

I can not understand how a person could do this to a innocent child let alone a mother let this happen to her own child im at a loss for words im so disgusted this poor sweet little boy to have these horrific injuries i just want to cry .
RIP sweet boy im so sorry this happened to you.
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member