UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
it's strange because JC has been charged with murder, how do they know someone else didn't cause his death? did he admit to it? Maybe all will plead guilty and that will be that?

Either one/two of them or all 3 could have said JC murdered LW during questioning.

I think that poor little lad was kicked or punched across the room and picked up and either dragged or swung by his hair in order to cause those horrific injuries - Sorry to be so graphic. A hideously violent attack.
One thing for sure, if he hadn't have been knocked out he'd have been screaming in pain whatever happened. IF AW was there she'd have known about it!

My opinion only.

Last edited:
I was thinking there we probably wont hear anything more official until the trial. But i think we can assume the police are still working this case, to establish if more charges need to be brought. And if so, you would think we would hear about further charges in the not too distant future? MOO

See, IMO, I would have thought they’d have done similar to this case, arrest on suspicion of more, then decide charges.
I really hope more are forthcoming because I don’t think PTCJ cuts it MOO.

I think that poor little lad was kicked or punched across the room and picked up and either dragged or swung by his hair in order to cause those horrific injuries - Sorry to be so graphic. A hideously violent attack.
One thing for sure, if he hadn't have been knocked out he'd have been screaming in pain whatever happened. IF AW was there she'd have known about it!

My opinion only.

I agree with this.

I agree with this.

I also thought the same when hearing of the injuries to his scalp. It just doesn't bear thinking about. That poor little lad must have really suffered.

I really hope that, whatever the final charges and convictions, the judicial system doesn't let Logan down by handing out a paltry sentence.

MOO

Either one/two of them or all 3 could have said JC murdered LW during questioning.

My opinion only.

I agree with what you think may possibly of happened here.

Many years ago I knew a young woman who had an injury that involved her scalp being detached from her skull, it happened during a fight between her and another girl when they had hold of each others hair.

I hate to say it or even think about this happening to poor little Logan but I have been wondering if the 3 main injuries mentioned in MSM so far were made in one violent action of him being swung by his hair into something solid like a wall, door, table etc....

MOO

BUT lets not tarnish single parents here ... there are plenty of GOOD single Mums who have different relationships and still manage to put their children first. I'm a single parent, have been since I was pregnant with my son [not my choice, we'd broken up before I found out I was pregnant and he'd moved on!]. I've had a few relationships but only introduced a couple to my son and never lived together. We don't know the ins and outs. People have different personal views on relationships, and we don't know the circumstances of the break ups. I retrained as a teacher when my son was 3 so to ensure I had school holidays home with him.
It's easy to judge or pass comment; but I do believe AW could still have been a good Mum despite several relationships.
Obviously not by PTCJ and what happened to LW ....
I don't think they were tarnishing single parents, in general. But she had three live-in relationships, within this young 5 year old's life. That's a lot. It doesn't seem that she was putting his best interests first if she was jumping into serious relationships , one after the other. It is hard to really know someone in that short interval----which we see evidence of right now, sadly enough. JMO

I also thought the same when hearing of the injuries to his scalp. It just doesn't bear thinking about. That poor little lad must have really suffered.

I really hope that, whatever the final charges and convictions, the judicial system doesn't let Logan down by handing out a paltry sentence.

MOO
I hope and pray he was unconscious throughout this nightmare.

I’m not sure we know that she had 3 live in relationships, do we?

Sure, she had been married, so safe to assume that was one. That obviously didn’t last long, the reasons we don’t know.

Not sure we can assume much about LW father. I haven’t read anything about their relationship.

We know that JC had his own home certainly. They had been together 3 years, was it?

Tbh doesn’t sound overly romantically reckless to me.

JMO

BUT lets not tarnish single parents here ... there are plenty of GOOD single Mums who have different relationships and still manage to put their children first. I'm a single parent, have been since I was pregnant with my son [not my choice, we'd broken up before I found out I was pregnant and he'd moved on!]. I've had a few relationships but only introduced a couple to my son and never lived together. We don't know the ins and outs. People have different personal views on relationships, and we don't know the circumstances of the break ups. I retrained as a teacher when my son was 3 so to ensure I had school holidays home with him.
It's easy to judge or pass comment; but I do believe AW could still have been a good Mum despite several relationships.
Obviously not by PTCJ and what happened to LW ....
I wasn't tarnishing single parents, there are some selfless excellent ones. But to split with the biological father, introduce Logan to someone new, marry then split with him in less than a year, then introduce Logan to JC, move in with him then have a baby, all in the space of Logans five short years is some going. Hardly someone putting their child's needs first is it. MOO that introducing multiple partners in such a short time is not exactly giving your child a stable, happy home. That's the point I was making.

I’m not sure we know that she had 3 live in relationships, do we?

Sure, she had been married, so safe to assume that was one. That obviously didn’t last long, the reasons we don’t know.

Not sure we can assume much about LW father. I haven’t read anything about their relationship.

We know that JC had his own home certainly. They had been together 3 years, was it?

Tbh doesn’t sound overly romantically reckless to me.

JMO
Ok, the first one was where she had her son, Logan. So I am going to assume it was a serious relationship. Maybe not, but they did have a baby.
Then she married someone, so that seems significant. But that ended kind of quickly, and then she met JC and they had a baby together, and they seemed to be living as a family.
It is not horrid behaviour, but it does introduce 3 separate father figures into this young boys life. I think that is problematic because it is not enough time to really see if that new person is a suitable father or not. JMO

Slightly off topic but say AW receives a short sentence, would her youngest child be adopted , put into foster care? Would she ever be allowed contact again? Her social media doesn't seem to suggest any close family, no "likes" or comments by parents, grandparents etc so just got me thinking what would happen to the baby.

I hope he is adopted and there are restrictions put in place that mean she can never go near him again.
At the very least, even if she did not physically harm Logan, she left him to die in pain and distress and then disposed of him like a sack of rubbish. No other child should be left in her care.

I agree with what you think may possibly of happened here.

Many years ago I knew a young woman who had an injury that involved her scalp being detached from her skull, it happened during a fight between her and another girl when they had hold of each others hair.

I hate to say it or even think about this happening to poor little Logan but I have been wondering if the 3 main injuries mentioned in MSM so far were made in one violent action of him being swung by his hair into something solid like a wall, door, table etc....

MOO

This has got me thinking.. A few of us have discussed earlier in this thread how in the most recent photos of Logan (on AW's social media) he had had his hair cut very short, almost shaved. A few said this was possibly a 'lockdown' haircut from when barbershops and hairdressers were closed, this is entirely plausible. If the injuries to his scalp were caused by him being dragged or swung by his hair, then his hair must have grown back to such an extent for this to be possible. I'm thinking it would have had to be at least a couple of inches long to be able to grab Is it likely it could've grown that quickly since the last image of him with his head almost shaved? (Forgive my ignorance, I don't have children so not sure if their hair grows super fast at that age).

MOO

This has got me thinking.. A few of us have discussed earlier in this thread how in the most recent photos of Logan (on AW's social media) he had had his hair cut very short, almost shaved. A few said this was possibly a 'lockdown' haircut from when barbershops and hairdressers were closed, this is entirely plausible. If the injuries to his scalp were caused by him being dragged or swung by his hair, then his hair must have grown back to such an extent for this to be possible. I'm thinking it would have had to be at least a couple of inches long to be able to grab Is it likely it could've grown that quickly since the last image of him with his head almost shaved? (Forgive my ignorance, I don't have children so not sure if their hair grows super fast at that age).

MOO
That's the first thing that I thought, his hair was like a buzz cut so unless it had grown, he wouldn't have been able to grab his hair.

That's the first thing that I thought, his hair was like a buzz cut so unless it had grown, he wouldn't have been able to grab his hair.

Which then poses the question, was the injury to his scalp not a recent injury? I suppose we're assuming that the 'cause of death' injuries happened in the 24hr period before he died, but sometimes someone can die as a result of an injury that was older. I can't recall if the wording from the prosecutor/PM results stated that the 3 main injuries were what killed him, or that they were what killed him AND were carried out in that short time frame before his death.
I know it's semantics, but if it wasn't the latter then surely that would be the evidence of this not being a one-off, recent attack?

MOO

I believe that photo was from January? My 3 year old grandson is mixed race (as I think little Logan was), and his hair grows soooooo fast. My boys hair is mostly tight afro curls - Logans looks less curly and lighter and chances are it could easily have grown long enough since January IMO. Just so sad and horrible to even think about his injuries and suffering <3

I believe that photo was from January? My 3 year old grandson is mixed race (as I think little Logan was), and his hair grows soooooo fast. My boys hair is mostly tight afro curls - Logans looks less curly and lighter and chances are it could easily have grown long enough since January IMO. Just so sad and horrible to even think about his injuries and suffering <3

Thank you, and yes, it is so unbelievably awful what happened to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNkelly