UK - Lois and John McCullough, 70s, daughter accused of killing parents between 21 Aug 2018 and Sept 2023, Chelmsford, Essex, 15 Sept 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

The remains of John and Lois McCullough were discovered last Friday after their GP became concerned they had not been in contact and alerted police.

A woman will face trial next year over the alleged murder of her parents, with police investigating fears their bodies were mummified.
(…)
Forensic experts are reportedly looking into the possibility Mr and Mrs McCullough were wrapped in a protective material in a bid to preserve the bodies.
I can't believe they were still in the house. Those poor people. IMO these aren't the actions of a mentally well person.

I was wondering if she had kept them in the freezer. But mummified is just horrific. Definitely got to be some serious psychiatric problems for that to be a tenable situation for anyone.

Good to know it can take a GP up to five years to realise an elderly person is MIA. NOT!

It would be interesting to know who allegedly assaulted Virginia.
That garden is very securely enclosed, any attacker would need to be given access by someone from the house.
I do not think she would say to the police it was either of her parents as the police would want to interview them. I wonder if there were shouts and screams when she attacked her parents and she used her being attacked as the reason for any sounds the neighbours might have heard and become suspicious about.

Police visited the home of a daughter accused of killing her parents weeks before human remains were found there.

Essex Police attended her home, in Great Baddow, near Chelmsford, on 18 August and spoke to Ms McCullough about an unrelated allegation of assault.

The BBC understands Ms McCullough was the alleged victim.

A conversation was had in an area of the property nowhere near where the remains were subsequently found.

Oh wow, what a strange story so far!

The five year time frame, the mummified bodies upstairs. (The poor female detective responding to the assault will second guess herself for a long time to come after this)

And then the health care professional being the one to contact the police.

A perfect example of life being stranger than fiction.

What will happen/come out next?

From the bbc link posted above

On 18 August 2023, officers visited an individual in Pump Hill, Chelmsford, following reports of an alleged offence linked to an unrelated matter."

From links posted earlier than the recent bbc one,I had wrongly assumed that the alleged attack which Ginny reported was in August 2018 ,just after the last time her parents were possibly seen alive.
I wonder if this reported attack coincided with messages about her parent's whereabouts from their doctor's practice. Maybe someone knocking the door to try and speak to them.

I do not think she would say to the police it was either of her parents as the police would want to interview them. I wonder if there were shouts and screams when she attacked her parents and she used her being attacked as the reason for any sounds the neighbours might have heard and become suspicious about.

Likely doubtful since they believe the parents have been dead for 5 years

one of the other siblings trying to get into the house?

Possibly, but if so, whey didn't the sibling ask for a welfare check on the parents? I am still confused about this one!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230923-000218~2.png
    Screenshot_20230923-000218~2.png
    675.7 KB · Views: 29
There is a photo of Virginia in this article from The Sun online.

Gosh, I wish we knew how old or recent that photo is—the courtroom sketch depicted someone a little slimmer and lot more “mousy”-looking than the made-up and nicely coiffed woman in this photo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back