UK - Lois and John McCullough, 70s, daughter accused of killing parents between 21 Aug 2018 and Sept 2023, Chelmsford, Essex, 15 Sept 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That photo looks like it was taken from a security camera or something to me.
Could be, yes.

In the photo she's very well presented and with lovely hair, make-up and nails done. Not really how you imagine a double murderer (allegedly) is going to look.

I presume she killed both her parents upstairs as that's where the bodies were found, I'm assuming in the bedrooms?

I can't imagine she killed them in the lounge and moved them upstairs without help. It'd take 2 people, minimum.

But to carry on for several months (or years?!) and just get on with your life knowing the mummified bodies of your parents are in the same house.....just unbelievable. I do hope the police subject her to rigorous psychological testing.

MOO.

So many questions!

What we know- at some time in the last five years, Ginny is alleged to have murdered her two parents. (How, why, at the same time) Their bodies were left to mummify upstairs. (Did she do anything to help the process along? kill them upstairs? did the bodies smell? How could she live with her parent's mummified bodies?) No-one made any missing person type inquiries, until their GP does-why not? And someone assault's Ginny in the garden, and she is interviewed in the house containing her parent's mummified remains-who assaulted her and why, who contacted the police?

This is a very unusual story.

I presume that the Police know for a fact that they were murdered.

I have heard of cases where an elderly parent died of natural causes and the body was just left on the bed.
I don't think I've heard of cases where it was both parents.

Forensics officers have been spotted carrying out enquiries at an address close to the heart of a double murder investigation in Chelmsford. An eyewitness told EssexLive forensics officers were at an address on The Causeway in Great Baddow.

The address is less than a minute's walk from an address on Pump Hill where police have been investigating a double murder.

I presume that the Police know for a fact that they were murdered.

I have heard of cases where an elderly parent died of natural causes and the body was just left on the bed.
I don't think I've heard of cases where it was both parents.
Seems the two most obvious explanations is either she confessed ot their remains had injuries that were still easily identifiable as homicide after several years.

Whatever the motivation for the murder. No doubt severe metal health is involved (IMO) it seems she just lived with the bodies for years.

In terms of how her siblings apparently didn't realise mum and dad were dead... if there wasn't complete estrangement this feels very odd in this day and age. Years ago you probably could keep up the ruse a few years with Christmas cards and letters to Lettie in Australia. When all apps allow photos and video calling (especially when everyone did it during lockdown) how did she explain why they (presumably) only got to have written communication.

Police arrived at the couple's home in Great Baddow on 15 September after welfare concerns were raised.

Essex area coroner Michelle Brown told the inquest in Chelmsford that Mrs McCullough, 75, died on September 15 and her provisional cause of death was "stab wounds to the chest."

She said human remains believed to be those of Mr McCullough, 74, were found at the same location on 16 September.

It seems at least Lois died more recently and not years ago?

I'm getting more and more confused.

What happened re remains being mummified ?

Or neighbours having not seen the parents in years ?

Thanks for always keeping on top of these @bobbymkii
I had been waiting for 1 December's court lists for a while as there seems to be a lot of plea hearings that were scheduled for tomorrow. I actually took the day off work to go to a few of them at the Old Bailey but now my parents have decided to come down and visit me instead!

Looks like they've all been moved around anyway.

I had been waiting for 1 December's court lists for a while as there seems to be a lot of plea hearings that were scheduled for tomorrow. I actually took the day off work to go to a few of them at the Old Bailey but now my parents have decided to come down and visit me instead!

Looks like they've all been moved around anyway.
I know there are plea hearings in the Sara Sharif murder case due tomorrow, are there others also due?

Last edited:
I know there are plea hearings in the Sara Sharif murder case due tomorrow, are their others also due?
It is. But I can't see it on the Old Bailey list at the moment, same with NX121 (Chris Kaba cop) which is meant to be tomorrow, so they've either been delayed, moved to another court or just haven't been listed yet for some reason!

Virginia McCullough appeared at Chelmsford Crown Court today (December 1) via video link from HMP Peterborough
but has not yet entered a plea.

Shaun Ritchie, defending, said the defence needed more time to prepare their expert witness reports and would not be able to proceed with a plea at this stage.

When asked when reports would be ready, she said: "We're currently anticipating that all expert reports will be available around the beginning of February."

Judge Christopher Morgan set a date of February 1 for the defence to have their reports ready.

A further instructions hearing will be held at the same court on February 9.

The court heard if the case proceeds to trial it will be heard by a High Court judge.

A current date is fixed for May 13, 2024, but this could change.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back