UK- London Nine injured in suspected acid attack, children among injured 01/31/24

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"A Bridge Too Far"

How many bridges still?
Sorry, I don't live in the UK.

Although I remember Tower Bridge from my visit to London some time ago.

Latest from the Met. He walked along Grosvenor Road, crossed over Chelsea Bridge, sent two minutes in Battersea Park, and then walked back over Chelsea Bridge.

I think he’s just wandering without a plan but figuring out what to do next without a phone and is maybe trying to look for somewhere to bed down for the night. He might have tried to do that in Battersea Park but it would have been closed hence he turned round and headed back over the bridge to follow the River (and, maybe as and assimilated Northerner, prefers to stick to the north side of the river !)
And if this is correct it makes you wonder if he is still alive.

I think he’s just wandering without a plan but figuring out what to do next without a phone and is maybe trying to look for somewhere to bed down for the night. He might have tried to do that in Battersea Park but it would have been closed hence he turned round and headed back over the bridge to follow the River (and, maybe as and assimilated Northerner, prefers to stick to the north side of the river !)
My guess is he went into the park for a wee. I think he is making his way South to one of the locations he was in prior to him travelling to Clapham.

My guess is he went into the park for a wee. I think he is making his way South to one of the locations he was in prior to him travelling to Clapham.
If that was the case you would expect him to have stayed south of the river at Vauxhall or Chelsea. If you walk south over Chelsea bridge and carry on on the same road (Queenstown Road/Cedars Road) you get back to Clapham Common

Although I suppose Wandsworth bridge might work. If he travelled into London by car from Newcastle via the west then this would likely be the bridge he crossed. So perhaps you are right and he was walking west to get back to the bridge he recognised a route from?

All that said, he would have passed loads of bus stops with maps and tourist “you are here” maps on his wanderings so if he had any sense about him he should have been able to get his bearings. If he wanted to.

Last edited:
This is weird. So why did he go back the way he came? He went to Tower Hill for some reason, then walked back.
It doesn’t make alot of sense.
My bet is he’s walked out of London to somewhere rural, and is holed up hiding out with homeless people who have no idea who he is.

30 minutes ago

Clapham attack suspect arranged to meet victim, police believe​

In its latest update, police said he is wanted for attempted murder.

New sightings map

To me it looks like he might be going back towards the crime scene. Was he hoping to retrieve something from the car?

Not caught up meant to post this earlier, fwiw..
''NIST’s ongoing face verification accuracy testing across demographic groups also shows that many algorithms achieve higher accuracy on individuals with lighter, rather than darker, skin tones and on men than women. ''

''Media reports described challenges that individuals (especially folks with darker skin tones) have had using a CBP app, CBP One, to apply for asylum. The extent to which the app’s face recognition technology caused these issues remains unclear, given that the media reports identified multiple factors that may have been impeding users’ ability to effectively use CBP One. Nonetheless, these stories have contributed to public uncertainty about how well face recognition technologies perform in their operational environments.''

Was he hoping to retrieve something from the car?

But the car is seized by Police.
And is at some Police parking area IMO.

I wonder if the car will be eventually returned to family, namely his brother.

1707464680629.png

Last edited:
Count me very sceptical about the current utility of face recognition. The e-passport gates don't work half the time with someone staring into a camera from two feet away in perfect lighting conditions.

None of the CCTV images we've seen seem anywhere near sharp enough to be able to use face recognition technology. We can't even see whether he has chemical scarring or bruising, let alone the precise shape of his facial features.

To me it looks like he might be going back towards the crime scene. Was he hoping to retrieve something from the car?
He would have to be insane to do this. Nobody is going to think that 4 hours after committing a major, possibly fatal, crime the police are going to have left the scene and perpetrator's car unattended!

The wandering has all the hallmarks of what you might sensibly do in this situation if you don't have a plan but are trying to hide. Immediately put some distance between you and the crime scene. Then get yourself into an area that is sufficiently populated that weirdly-scarred strangers are not particularly noticeable. Then try to find somewhere to hide.

If we are to believe the impression given (but not confirmed) by the police that these rolling updates reflect their latest work, he's done a pretty good initial job. It's taken them 9 days to track him for 4 1/2 hours!

Police believe chemical attack suspect Abdul Ezedi may have thrown himself off Chelsea Bridge and drowned in the Thames rather than turn himself in.

Metropolitan Police officers had been chasing the 35-year-old Afghan asylum seeker since Wednesday, January 31, after he doused a mother and her two daughters in chemical in a horrific attack.

The woman, who suffered potentially life-changing injuries, was known to Ezedi and remains in hospital in a critical but stable condition.

It is understood investigators now believe Ezedi it is possible died in the river soon after the incident.

One source told The Sun: 'The investigation team believe Ezedi died soon after the last sighting of him on camera on the north side of the river.'

In the cctv picture there seem to be quite a few people around. Surely someone would have seen him jump off the bridge . I also imagine that cctv would have captured him jumping.

Police believe chemical attack suspect Abdul Ezedi may have thrown himself off Chelsea Bridge and drowned in the Thames rather than turn himself in.

Metropolitan Police officers had been chasing the 35-year-old Afghan asylum seeker since Wednesday, January 31, after he doused a mother and her two daughters in chemical in a horrific attack.

The woman, who suffered potentially life-changing injuries, was known to Ezedi and remains in hospital in a critical but stable condition.

It is understood investigators now believe Ezedi it is possible died in the river soon after the incident.

One source told The Sun: 'The investigation team believe Ezedi died soon after the last sighting of him on camera on the north side of the river.'

In the cctv picture there seem to be quite a few people around. Surely someone would have seen him jump off the bridge . I also imagine that cctv would have captured him jumping.
I presume this means that they can't find any evidence of him on CCTV after Chelsea Bridge.

I wouldn't be so sure about him jumping into the river.

I would check communities of the homeless (under bridges, empty, abandoned buildings, etc).

But then, in a city with nearly 10 million people, finding ONE person seems like looking for
"a needle in a haystack".

JMO

I personally think it's more than likely he went into the river, because he was in the vicinity and the river is very appealing for those in extremis, and he has a very memorable, disfiguring injury that is potentially life threatening, but absolutely nobody has reported seeing him either in the street, in emergency, or in a shelter in the many days since.

IMO, he'll either resurface with decomposition, or he's already on his way out to sea. It all depends on the tides and if he is able to float out unobstructed. And even then, he may wash up somewhere.

Personally, I hope he's found, because I feel strongly that everyone deserves postmortem rites of their culture/religion/choice, whatever they've done, and because it may give comfort to his victims, especially the children, to know for sure that he isn't still out there.

MOO

Least surprising outcome. I’ve suspected this since the weekend when there had been absolutely not a hint of a sighting of him.

I wonder why it took him so long - by that I mean he passed a lot of bridges on his walk. It might be Chelsea Bridge was the quietest by that time of night (the others being more central would have a lot more traffic). Or he was not set on that course of action until he had walked along the River for hours. But seemed inevitable to me once he was first reported to have been spotted by the river that this was likely to be his end.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NurseInvestigator
Back