UK- London Nine injured in suspected acid attack, children among injured 01/31/24

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That is the only reason I would like him to be found .
Agreed. I hope if he is in the river they do find him soon. At least his victims can then be sure this vile man is actually gone and can't harm them ever again.
Kind of frustrating if he killed himself but it's probably for the best. There's no way he would have been jailed for long enough.

Least surprising outcome. I’ve suspected this since the weekend when there had been absolutely not a hint of a sighting of him.

I wonder why it took him so long - by that I mean he passed a lot of bridges on his walk. It might be Chelsea Bridge was the quietest by that time of night (the others being more central would have a lot more traffic). Or he was not set on that course of action until he had walked along the River for hours. But seemed inevitable to me once he was first reported to have been spotted by the river that this was likely to be his end.
I think this is about right. He's kept walking until he's found a quiet enough spot. The path along the Thames in the City of London would have been quiet, but the tide was going out (low water at Tower Bridge last Wednesday night was 23:28), so there probably wasn't enough water in the river to jump in from anywhere other than a bridge.

As he seems to have jumped in at pretty much the point of the low tide, the incoming tide would have washed his body further upstream. I wonder if anyone's ever done any computer modelling of where something the size of a body would end up if entering the Thames in a particular place with particular tidal conditions?

I think this is about right. He's kept walking until he's found a quiet enough spot. The path along the Thames in the City of London would have been quiet, but the tide was going out (low water at Tower Bridge last Wednesday night was 23:28), so there probably wasn't enough water in the river to jump in from anywhere other than a bridge.

As he seems to have jumped in at pretty much the point of the low tide, the incoming tide would have washed his body further upstream. I wonder if anyone's ever done any computer modelling of where something the size of a body would end up if entering the Thames in a particular place with particular tidal conditions?
Given they pull about a body a week out, the Thames River folks should have a good idea where he could have got to. But it still took divers ages to find Gaynor Lord in the Wensum, and she hadn't drifted at all, as far as I know. Rivers, especially muddy rivers with poor visibility are very difficult to search.

MOO

You would hope, wouldn't you, that the police are tracing any cars that drove onto the bridge during the timeframe in question.
Going by what they say, they don't have him climbing a fence, so they don't have him climbing in a car. But has the hours passed and the seriousness of what he had done probably weighed heavy.

Hmmm....

This guy risked his life to enter the UK illegally.

He was tenacious enough to fight 3 times to get an asylum.
Even converted to Christianity.

He has family living in the UK (brother).

He had a place to live and a job to earn money.

A day before the attack he didn't look depressed but was smiling (shop cctv).

And now....
He is believed to have committed suicide.

I will only believe that if the body is found.

Did he have a plan what to do after the attack?
He must have foreseen that Police would look for him.

JMO

I expect there are experts available to give guidance on the tide flows.

You would hope, wouldn't you, that the police are tracing any cars that drove onto the bridge during the timeframe in question.
From some of the reports the police seem to be implying they pretty much saw him go over the barrier. Or rather - they saw him peering over the edge and then he had disappeared. I wonder if this sort of cryptically means they didn’t seem him *actually* climb over, but that there was no where else he could have gone (perhaps there was and obstruction on the cctv like a car or bus or something which obscured the moment of disappearance from view. Also the cctv looks quite fuzzy so maybe it’s more a very sensible highly probable inference rather than a cut and dried “we saw the whole thing”). But yes - I imagine if there was a car that stopped in any way suspiciously they would have tracked that. But it sounds like that is unlikely.

Hmmm....

And now....

JMO
I hear you. But then the alternative narrative is all of the above, but he is now facing not only a jail sentence for his despicable actions but also deportation. Which means that although he had managed to play the system once, he was unlikely to be lucky enough to do so again. And so all those years of building a life here were now gone, along with possibly remorse over what he actually did?

I guess if they have him going into the bridge but not coming off of it, it leaves two possibilities, either he jumped or was picked up.

Exactly this. They see him enter the bridge; they see him walking back and forth; they see him bending over the railing; they DON'T see him leave the bridge at either end.

Not many plausible scenarios after that.

I'm still struggling to accept he burned his face/eye area when he didn't seem to be in any pain. That would HURT. Deep burns can destroy nerves in the area, but IMO his injury doesn't look deep enough for that.

I hear you. But then the alternative narrative is all of the above, but he is now facing not only a jail sentence for his despicable actions but also deportation. Which means that although he had managed to play the system once, he was unlikely to be lucky enough to do so again. And so all those years of building a life here were now gone, along with possibly remorse over what he actually did?

But he KNEW that after the attack there was no going back to Newcastle.

It was obvious that Police would know his name and hunt him.
(He maimed the woman, he didn't kill her with a knife.
He must have known she would disclose his identity to Police).

If, knowing that, he decided to carry on, he surely had some plan for the future?
Plan A, plan B, even plan C.

The attack seemed to be premeditated.

But, of course, you might be right.
I'm not going to argue about this vile perp.

But he seems to me VERY cunning.
He doesn't strike me as some kind of Romeo killing himself.

Oh well...
Time will tell.
Or not.

JMO

Last edited:
Hmmm....

And now....

Did he have a plan what to do after the attack?
He must have foreseen that Police would look for him.

JMO
He didn’t foresee though that he would end up without his car/phone and with an eye injury.

"Commander Jon Savell said Ezedi's body may

never be found

due to the river's strong current.

He said:
'At this time of year, the Thames is very fast flowing, very wide and full of lots of snags.

It is quite likely that if he has gone in the water,
he won't appear for maybe up to a month and
it's not beyond possibility that he

may never actually surface'."

:oops:

Last edited:
From some of the reports the police seem to be implying they pretty much saw him go over the barrier. Or rather - they saw him peering over the edge and then he had disappeared. I wonder if this sort of cryptically means they didn’t seem him *actually* climb over, but that there was no where else he could have gone (perhaps there was and obstruction on the cctv like a car or bus or something which obscured the moment of disappearance from view. Also the cctv looks quite fuzzy so maybe it’s more a very sensible highly probable inference rather than a cut and dried “we saw the whole thing”). But yes - I imagine if there was a car that stopped in any way suspiciously they would have tracked that. But it sounds like that is unlikely.
Is it a lethal jump from Chelsea Bridge? Always a possibilty, if he survived the jump and can swim, he could have swam to a shore?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova
Back