GUILTY UK - Louise Smith, 16, Havant, Hampshire, 8 May 2020 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yeah I'm really struggling with them being so adamant they did not want people to help search those areas too. Why were they so sure her body was there?
Do we know if Cjay or Shane had a vehicle? Seems more likely the body was dumped and burned there, rather than that being the murder site. Just IMO.

Yeah I'm really struggling with them being so adamant they did not want people to help search those areas too. Why were they so sure her body was there?
Do we know if Cjay or Shane had a vehicle? Seems more likely the body was dumped and burned there, rather than that being the murder site. Just IMO.

This is what is so annoying, no mention of a car at all other than the red van sighting! But that isn’t confirmed if it was definitely Louise! So how did she get to where she was found, that suggests maybe it was the murder sight! None of the news reports say a car/vehicle has been seized to be searched! Baffling!

I'm wondering if the police were informed of the body from the fire service, but there was a delay in the press release/informing family for operational reasons?

I definitely think Louise was not seen after Thursday night, as others have said why report her missing at 6.30pm. It's like it occured to the perps to cover their backs! MOO

I'm wondering if the police were informed of the body from the fire service, but there was a delay in the press release/informing family for operational reasons?

I definitely think Louise was not seen after Thursday night, as others have said why report her missing at 6.30pm. It's like it occured to the perps to cover their backs! MOO

That certainly would explain why the family/community were told NOT to search that area in the days leading up to her being found but would they leave it that long before confirming the finding of a body?!

That certainly would explain why the family/community were told NOT to search that area in the days leading up to her being found but would they leave it that long before confirming the finding of a body?!

Actually thinking about, I drove past the sight on the Wednesday and I do not recall seeing any police, the minute they announced the find there were 20/30 police vehicles in the area and the road was closed off. Maybe the reports of fires but the Fire & Rescue not finding anything was enough for the police to concentrate in the area

I wonder if her boyfriend.had been unable to contact her on social media since Thursday and threatened to report her missing if they didn't.

I know nothing about him, not heard any mention of him, I know there was a name mentioned elsewhere but the community is not discussing a boyfriend at all.

Baffling for sure. And I agree with you Lucy, about the 6:30pm reported missing time being unusual. Although if Thursday was the last sighting, that's almost 24 hours. The Friday Somborne Drive sighting is really frustrating, because if that's a legitimate sighting, then it makes it even more bizarre.
So if we assume the Friday sighting did not happen, then we assume she was killed between Thursday after the 19:30 sighting, and the Friday morning? @Deppy , you know the area better than me, where her body was found, I'm guessing anything going on here during the day would not go unnoticed?

Baffling for sure. And I agree with you Lucy, about the 6:30pm reported missing time being unusual. Although if Thursday was the last sighting, that's almost 24 hours. The Friday Somborne Drive sighting is really frustrating, because if that's a legitimate sighting, then it makes it even more bizarre.
So if we assume the Friday sighting did not happen, then we assume she was killed between Thursday after the 19:30 sighting, and the Friday morning? @Deppy , you know the area better than me, where her body was found, I'm guessing anything going on here during the day would not go unnoticed?

Nope, you would expect to see people out there walking, running on their bikes etc! It’s an area frequented by teenagers who have small bonfires, scrambling etc! Even in lockdown it’s still quite busy! Which is why I don’t think she was there in the daytime as I think she would have been spotted, I think that’s why the police put the appeal for joggers etc with strava or other running apps who were in the area to come forward although that is a mystery in itself why they are asking for people with running apps. We can’t work out the reasoning behind that.

Nope, you would expect to see people out there walking, running on their bikes etc! It’s an area frequented by teenagers who have small bonfires, scrambling etc! Even in lockdown it’s still quite busy! Which is why I don’t think she was there in the daytime as I think she would have been spotted, I think that’s why the police put the appeal for joggers etc with strava or other running apps who were in the area to come forward although that is a mystery in itself why they are asking for people with running apps. We can’t work out the reasoning behind that.

Perhaps someone has reported seeing someone there;possibly someone connected to Louise or even Louise herself and they need something to collaborate this sighting.

Perhaps someone has reported seeing someone there;possibly someone connected to Louise or even Louise herself and they need something to collaborate this sighting.

Yes possibly or to rule out their DNA possibly?!

Good evening, we have an update for you this evening on the ongoing investigation into the death of 16-year-old Louise Smith.

Please can we ask that you consider anything you post online, this has understandably been a very upsetting time for Louise's family and they could see what you post.

Officers investigating the death of 16-year-old Louise Smith have today been continuing with extensive fingertip searches at Havant Thicket.

A cordon remains in place at the site as search officers conduct the precise search, which will continue tomorrow (Weds).

We have also been continuing with house-to-house enquiries in Leigh Park, as we look to piece together Louise’s final movements.

Louise was reported missing from the Leigh Park area on Friday 8 May (VE Day), with her body sadly being found in Havant Thicket on Thursday 21 May.

Our priority remains finding out what happened to her after she was last seen, around midday on VE Day in Somborne Drive.

Can you help us trace Louise's movements from the Somborne Drive and Greywell Road area, up to the location where Louise was found?

Detective Chief Superintendent Scott Mackechnie said: “We have read the tributes that have been paid to Louise and we know just how much she meant to the community.

“I want to reassure you that we are doing all we can to find out who is responsible, to bring justice for her and for her family.

“You will continue to see our presence at Havant Thicket in the coming days, as we carry out an extensive search of the area.

“Officers will also be in Leigh Park, conducting house-to-house enquiries and seeking CCTV and dash cam footage.”

Det Chief Supt Mackechnie added: “This is a tragic case and if you have any information you believe could help us, no matter how small or insignificant you may believe it to be, then please do not hesitate to contact us.

“I want to ask you to cast your mind back and focus on the afternoon of VE Day.

“Maybe you saw Louise that afternoon, in Somborne Drive, High Lawn Way or in the area of the Thicket, or she may perhaps be in the background of mobile phone footage you have from the events that day?

“We also want to hear from any walkers, or runners, or anyone who could have been in the area of the Thicket that afternoon.

“If you use apps like Strava or other tracker apps when you are out walking or running, please check them to see if you were in these areas that afternoon and whether this helps you to remember seeing Louise.”

Anyone with information can call 101, quoting the reference 44200163113, or independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

And you can also submit information through our online portal by going to Public Portal

If you are a young person in the area who has been affected by this news, there are support services in place to offer you the help you need:

• Children and Young People Crisis Line – Freephone 0300 303 1590
This service is available for 11-17 year-olds between 3pm and 8.30pm Monday – Thursday.

• Children & Young People's Safe Haven
This service is available for any young person aged 11-17 years old living in Havant Borough. Visit their website for more detail - Children and Young People’s Safe Haven – Havant & East Hants Mind

• Off the Record - 023 9247 4724
This service can offer one to one support with emotional wellbeing.

• NSPCC
Under 18s can contact Child Line on 0800 11 11

I read they were searching for shoes after the arrests. Perhaps that's linked with the plea for runners to come forward. To eliminate shoe prints. Otherwise they would have appealed for cyclists or people using apps for walking and other exercise.

I read they were searching for shoes after the arrests. Perhaps that's linked with the plea for runners to come forward. To eliminate shoe prints. Otherwise they would have appealed for cyclists or people using apps for walking and other exercise.

The message just before clears some of this up.

Just thinking out loud. It was reported Louise bought ice at Tescos at 7.30pm on 7th May. No other items were mentioned. I'm assuming this could be for drinks, possibly alcoholic? I'm thinking.... where would you go after buying ice?A short distance I assume, before it melted. Home or park maybe?

Just thinking out loud. It was reported Louise bought ice at Tescos at 7.30pm on 7th May. No other items were mentioned. I'm assuming this could be for drinks, possibly alcoholic? I'm thinking.... where would you go after buying ice?A short distance I assume, before it melted. Home or park maybe?
Really good thought! Not far, thats for sure

Cjay and Shane’s flat is about 200 yards from Tescos!

Just to mention that in The Daily Mail 23rd May, their article names a neighbour of L, saying ' she just went out walking' (8th May).
Same article also mentions eyewitnesses say they saw L at skate park approximately 2 miles from where she lived on the 8th. No time mentioned.
Also mentions eyewitness saying she bought a bag of ice at Tescos around 7.30pm.
I would cut and paste the relevant quotes but can't seem to do this on my phone.
So if these eyewitnesses are reliable, it does now look like Louise was alive on the 8th, at least until early afternoon.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxmia2020
Back