GUILTY UK - Louise Smith, 16, Havant, Hampshire, 8 May 2020 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree this seems weird from my quick perusal of it. She was living with these two but they're being charged with kidnapping? Or they were arrested on suspicion of kidnapping and released but now taken back into custody? Was maybe she not actually supposed to legally be with them? Or there's evidence she was held against her will by them sometime in the last two weeks? Are they just describing what here in the US we would call being "questioned"/persons of interest? How long will it take details to emerge in a case like this in the UK?

They certainly haven't released many details and didn't really ask for much during the search other than CCTV. They also focused on the Thicket for several days before the discovery of Louise which makes me think they do have some evidence that she had been taken there. They weren't searching anywhere else as far as I know.

JMO ..could be wrong..but I think that she was living with them is causing confusion around the initial kidnap arrest.

I feel they likely knew something didn't add up with this couples version of events quite quickly ...imo they would have to arrest on "kidnap" initially as they had no evidence she was dead..only that they may be involved with her disappearance...it was exactly the same in the Beck Watts case
The way they have torn the suspects flat apart and the mans mothers property I'd be very surprised if there is not a re arrest soon with a totally different charge

If some kind soul can link on the Rowlands Castle Facebook group a detective working for the major crime investigation team under operation valeri has asked if anyone was running near Havant thicket pond between 1300-1700 on Friday 8th May to check their strava and to send the details to him

This is from the facebook post
"My name is DC Anthony Tenison and I am a detective working with the Major Crime Investigation Team.
I am working on Operation Valeri. You will be aware from the press that this an investigation into the disappearance of Louise Smith. Although we don’t have an identification sadly a body has been discovered
Please could I ask you to review your Strava for Friday 8th May 2020 if you were running in the Havant Thicket Pond area between 1300-1700 hours. This may widen but as it stands I need to keep focused on this time

This was VE Day
If you were in the area (see map below) running at the time please can you email me directly with the following -
Full name address date of birth and phone number
A screen shot of your Strava or other running app if you have one showing your route.
anthony.tenison.25728@hampshire.pnn.police.uk
Ant Tenison DC 25728
Major Crimes Investigation Team"

Would this information be needed to eliminate suspects in the area? There have been cases where people have committed offences and unwittingly had Strava on recording their movements. If police can eliminate the 'genuine' runners, maybe there is someone recorded there who would be a suspect and said they weren't there?
Also Strava has featured in cases where the criminal uses Strava to stalk a victim either to assault them or rob them, some people want to publicise their running or exercise but don't think the app is broadcasting where they live and what routes they take.
They may of course just want the info just to see what these runners saw and when.

This is from the facebook post
"My name is DC Anthony Tenison and I am a detective working with the Major Crime Investigation Team.
I am working on Operation Valeri. You will be aware from the press that this an investigation into the disappearance of Louise Smith. Although we don’t have an identification sadly a body has been discovered
Please could I ask you to review your Strava for Friday 8th May 2020 if you were running in the Havant Thicket Pond area between 1300-1700 hours. This may widen but as it stands I need to keep focused on this time

This was VE Day
If you were in the area (see map below) running at the time please can you email me directly with the following -
Full name address date of birth and phone number
A screen shot of your Strava or other running app if you have one showing your route.
anthony.tenison.25728@hampshire.pnn.police.uk
Ant Tenison DC 25728
Major Crimes Investigation Team"

Would this information be needed to eliminate suspects in the area? There have been cases where people have committed offences and unwittingly had Strava on recording their movements. If police can eliminate the 'genuine' runners, maybe there is someone recorded there who would be a suspect and said they weren't there?
Also Strava has featured in cases where the criminal uses Strava to stalk a victim either to assault them or rob them, some people want to publicise their running or exercise but don't think the app is broadcasting where they live and what routes they take.
They may of course just want the info just to see what these runners saw and when.

A friend said to me last night that perhaps it is to eliminate their DNA from the scene?!

Appeal for information following the murder of Louise Smith in Havant
Main article content
Navigation

Appeals

13:08 24/05/2020

louise-missing.png

We are appealing for any information in relation to the death of 16-year-old Louise Smith from Havant.

Louise, from the Leigh Park area, was reported missing on Friday 8 May (VE Day) at around 6.30pm.

Her body was found on Thursday 21 May in woodland in the Havant Thicket area of Staunton Country Park.

Our priority remains focused on finding out what happened to Louise after she was last seen, and we are appealing for your help to piece together her final movements so we can bring whoever is responsible to justice.

It was reported to police that she was seen at around midday on VE Day in Somborne Drive.

We also have CCTV footage which shows her entering Tesco Metro on Greywell Road shortly before 7.30pm the day before - Thursday 7 May. This location is only a short walk from where Louise was staying at Ringwood House, Somborne Drive, Havant.

We are keen to trace her movements from the Somborne Drive and Greywell Road area, up to the site where she was discovered in Havant Thicket. It is possible this travel may have taken place at any time from 7.30pm on the 7th May, or on VE Day itself.

Detective Chief Superintendent Scott Mackechnie said: “This is a tragedy, and our thoughts remain with the family and friends of Louise at this incredibly difficult time.

“This is now a murder investigation and our focus is to identify who is responsible. To do this it is crucial that we capture as much information as possible regarding the moments leading up to her death.

“We know that news of her murder will leave the community shocked and upset, but we are turning to you for your help, because information you have could be key in this investigation.

“Two weeks have passed since Louise was first reported missing. I am asking residents in Leigh Park to cast their minds back to Louise’s disappearance a fortnight ago and provide any information to us that will help trace her movements from where she was last seen to the site at which her body was discovered.

missing-louise-cctv.jpg

“We know she entered Tesco Metro on Greywell Road shortly before 7.30pm on Thursday 7th May, but we can’t be certain where she went from here.

“She also was reportedly seen at midday the following day – VE Day – in Somborne Drive. Please focus your mind on this day.

“This was a historic day for the country, and many of you may have been celebrating out on your front gardens. Did you see her, or someone matching her description? Was she alone, or with someone?

“Perhaps you were out walking or running in Havant Thicket on this day, as part of your daily exercise. Did you see anything that could help our investigation, or anyone acting suspiciously?

“We are also keen to trace her movements from 7.30pm on 7th May onwards. At that time she was described as wearing black jeans, a black and white striped T-shirt, black trainers and a black coat with a fur hood, as seen in the CCTV image.

“Our appeals for any video footage from Leigh Park residents – whether this be CCTV, dash cam, or doorbell camera footage – from Thursday 7th May and Friday 8th May still stand, as we are keen to capture as much video material as possible.

“If you live in Leigh Park and have footage from these two days, please do not delete it and save it if this is possible to do. Alternatively, contact us and we can arrange for an officer to collect it.

“We have released a map which marks the location where Louise was found, and also marks Somborne Drive which is where she lived and at this time is the area where she was last seen. Please take a look at this map – if you live in the surrounding areas depicted on this map and have video footage, or information, please get in touch.

louise-smith-map.jpg

“In addition, we’re keen to hear from any dog walkers who use Havant Thicket and Staunton Country Park, drone operators, and cyclists with helmet cameras or Go Pros that may have been using the area on these days, but particularly the afternoon of VE day.

“We will endeavour to provide updates as this investigation progresses, but in the meantime we ask the community to please not speculate on the circumstances, and instead provide all information to the police in the first instance.”

Anyone with information should call police on 101, quoting 44200163113, or you can contact the independent charity Crimestoppers 100% anonymously on 0800 555 111.

You can also submit information through our online portal by clicking here.

If you are a young person in the area who has been affected by this news, there are support services in place to offer you the help you need:

• Children and Young People Crisis Line – Freephone 0300 303 1590
This service is available for 11-17 year-olds between 3pm and 8.30pm Monday – Thursday.

• Children & Young People's Safe Haven
This service is available for any young person aged 11-17 years old living in Havant Borough. Visit their website for more detail - Children and Young People’s Safe Haven – Havant & East Hants Mind

• Off the Record - 023 9247 4724
This service can offer one to one support with emotional wellbeing.

• NSPCC
Under 18s can contact Child Line on 0800 11 11

Appeal for information following the murder of Louise Smith in Havant | Hampshire Constabulary

Yes it is no longer a “suspicious death” it is now confirmed as “murder” posters up around the town this morning! It’s still so hard to believe that something so horrific can happen on your doorstep!

Ref Strava, just a few thoughts:

- For runners doing a really long run it’s not uncommon to stash drinks/snacks in some bushes beforehand and grab them during the run, or to leave an unwanted jacket behind and grab it afterwards. Maybe someone was seen rummaging in bushes and they want to eliminate them.
- Equally it’s not unheard of to go off the beaten track for a sneaky wee
- Not everyone is considerate and some people drop trash like empty drinks bottles, tissues, gel packs on a run. All would have DNA.
- Some people like to add a photo to every run they take on Strava, usually just of a scene along the run.
- There is a number of Strava “segments” round Havant thicket. A segment is a particular path on Strava where athletes can compete to go fastest, for runners who run on a segment their name will appear on a leader board, but if their profile is private you won’t be able to see the route they took, but you can see they’ve run that segment.

Appeal for information following the murder of Louise Smith in Havant
Main article content
Navigation

Appeals

13:08 24/05/2020

louise-missing.png

We are appealing for any information in relation to the death of 16-year-old Louise Smith from Havant.

Louise, from the Leigh Park area, was reported missing on Friday 8 May (VE Day) at around 6.30pm.

Her body was found on Thursday 21 May in woodland in the Havant Thicket area of Staunton Country Park.

Our priority remains focused on finding out what happened to Louise after she was last seen, and we are appealing for your help to piece together her final movements so we can bring whoever is responsible to justice.

It was reported to police that she was seen at around midday on VE Day in Somborne Drive.

We also have CCTV footage which shows her entering Tesco Metro on Greywell Road shortly before 7.30pm the day before - Thursday 7 May. This location is only a short walk from where Louise was staying at Ringwood House, Somborne Drive, Havant.

We are keen to trace her movements from the Somborne Drive and Greywell Road area, up to the site where she was discovered in Havant Thicket. It is possible this travel may have taken place at any time from 7.30pm on the 7th May, or on VE Day itself.

Detective Chief Superintendent Scott Mackechnie said: “This is a tragedy, and our thoughts remain with the family and friends of Louise at this incredibly difficult time.

“This is now a murder investigation and our focus is to identify who is responsible. To do this it is crucial that we capture as much information as possible regarding the moments leading up to her death.

“We know that news of her murder will leave the community shocked and upset, but we are turning to you for your help, because information you have could be key in this investigation.

“Two weeks have passed since Louise was first reported missing. I am asking residents in Leigh Park to cast their minds back to Louise’s disappearance a fortnight ago and provide any information to us that will help trace her movements from where she was last seen to the site at which her body was discovered.

missing-louise-cctv.jpg

“We know she entered Tesco Metro on Greywell Road shortly before 7.30pm on Thursday 7th May, but we can’t be certain where she went from here.

“She also was reportedly seen at midday the following day – VE Day – in Somborne Drive. Please focus your mind on this day.

“This was a historic day for the country, and many of you may have been celebrating out on your front gardens. Did you see her, or someone matching her description? Was she alone, or with someone?

“Perhaps you were out walking or running in Havant Thicket on this day, as part of your daily exercise. Did you see anything that could help our investigation, or anyone acting suspiciously?

“We are also keen to trace her movements from 7.30pm on 7th May onwards. At that time she was described as wearing black jeans, a black and white striped T-shirt, black trainers and a black coat with a fur hood, as seen in the CCTV image.

“Our appeals for any video footage from Leigh Park residents – whether this be CCTV, dash cam, or doorbell camera footage – from Thursday 7th May and Friday 8th May still stand, as we are keen to capture as much video material as possible.

“If you live in Leigh Park and have footage from these two days, please do not delete it and save it if this is possible to do. Alternatively, contact us and we can arrange for an officer to collect it.

“We have released a map which marks the location where Louise was found, and also marks Somborne Drive which is where she lived and at this time is the area where she was last seen. Please take a look at this map – if you live in the surrounding areas depicted on this map and have video footage, or information, please get in touch.

louise-smith-map.jpg

“In addition, we’re keen to hear from any dog walkers who use Havant Thicket and Staunton Country Park, drone operators, and cyclists with helmet cameras or Go Pros that may have been using the area on these days, but particularly the afternoon of VE day.

“We will endeavour to provide updates as this investigation progresses, but in the meantime we ask the community to please not speculate on the circumstances, and instead provide all information to the police in the first instance.”

Anyone with information should call police on 101, quoting 44200163113, or you can contact the independent charity Crimestoppers 100% anonymously on 0800 555 111.

You can also submit information through our online portal by clicking here.

If you are a young person in the area who has been affected by this news, there are support services in place to offer you the help you need:

• Children and Young People Crisis Line – Freephone 0300 303 1590
This service is available for 11-17 year-olds between 3pm and 8.30pm Monday – Thursday.

• Children & Young People's Safe Haven
This service is available for any young person aged 11-17 years old living in Havant Borough. Visit their website for more detail - Children and Young People’s Safe Haven – Havant & East Hants Mind

• Off the Record - 023 9247 4724
This service can offer one to one support with emotional wellbeing.

• NSPCC
Under 18s can contact Child Line on 0800 11 11

Appeal for information following the murder of Louise Smith in Havant | Hampshire Constabulary

So police are concentrating on a timeline from the May 7 confirmed sighting. Wonder what story the couple have told re Thursday night ?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back