GUILTY UK - Louise Smith, 16, Havant, Hampshire, 8 May 2020 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
13 minutes ago
Louise’s body burned ‘like a bonfire’
Forensics scientist Martin Crooks said sticks found on top of Louise’s body imply she was burned in a bonfire-style structure.

He said: ‘Sticks were stuck on top of the body in the same way as a bonfire, to aid the combustion.'

10 minutes ago
Piece of fabric found on Louise’s body
Despite her body being burned, Martin Crooks says forensics found a piece of fabric that hadn’t burned away. This was taken as a sample, alongside soil samples and a piece of moss that had been under her body.

14:54DAVID POWELL
Scientist says it's "highly likely" a cigarette lighter was used in fire
MC: It's "Given the extent of the damage to the body and the ground and the log it is highly likely that an accelerant had been used."

It is "more than likely" that that was a cigarette lighter," he added.

Live updates on Louise Smith murder case from day 6 of trial

15:07DAVID POWELL
Scientist wearing blue gloves
MC has put on blue, hygienic gloves and been asked to identify a small, burned piece of metal found at the scene. But he said he had tried to work that out during his investigations and couldn't positively identify the exhibit.

15:20DAVID POWELL
Scientist on how clothing burns
The defence barrister has finished his cross examination of Martin Crooks.

Mr Crooks is being re-examined by prosecutor James Newton-Price QC about how clothing burns.

MC is saying that most garments comprise a combination of natural and synthetic materials. The latter will have fire damage because it is ultimately derived from "crude oil."

https://www.hampshirelive.news/news/hampshire-news/live-louise-smith-court-case-4734081

Lighter fluid ( for re-fillable cigarette lighters) is easily available in the UK & is sold by Tesco & presumably newsagents or other outlets who sell tobacco.

It comes in a 100/125/ 133ml tin & would perhaps arouse less suspicion than someone buying petrol & petrol can, if that person had no car or petrol lawnmower. Also easier to conceal.

It contains Naphtha ( petroleum) & could be used as an accelerant.

All MOO

I can't recall what detail he gave about his altercation with L but given the substantial inhalation of blood point noted here, that can only have happened while alive and strongly points to quite a beating matching the facial injuries described. That didn't happen from a broken nose or split lip. Also might suggest she was lying down at that point for it to go into lungs and not stomach. IMO seems difficult to argue manslaughter only

15:48DAVID POWELL
Larvae present "on May 8 or May 9"
Ms Moore tells prosecutor James Newton-Price QC that she estimates that "a female fly laid her eggs (at the scene) on Friday, May 8 or Saturday, May 9."

It would rarely happen at night and normally be in "daylight hours".

I can't recall what detail he gave about his altercation with L but given the substantial inhalation of blood point noted here, that can only have happened while alive and strongly points to quite a beating matching the facial injuries described. That didn't happen from a broken nose or split lip. Also might suggest she was lying down at that point for it to go into lungs and not stomach. IMO seems difficult to argue manslaughter only

I was thinking the same thing when I read the description. L was most likely lying on her back and receiving devastating blows to her face, causing the broken bones and significant loss of blood, sadly she must have been breathing at the time and been aspirating on the blood. I can only hope she became unconscious very early on in the beating and didn't 'feel' the rest.

I've read most of this thread, but I am unsure about one detail. It's a little graphic, but was the stick inserted inside her? To me this sounds like it could be a crude attempt to destroy evidence of an early pregnancy or previous rape. It could also be an expression of anger and disgust - perhaps Mays attempted to rape her but couldn't sustain an erection, so violated her with a stick instead? I wonder if he was known to have sexual problems? This can be the result of too much alcohol, weed or other drugs - do we know whether he was imbibing? I could also see this as a suggestion given to him by CJ, someone in her position 'could' be filled with a jealouse hatred of a younger prettier girl who is attracting the attention of their partner. Insecure and furious, perhaps finding out that they had a sexual encounter, she could have masterminded the whole thing. Obviously this is just my opinion and speculation, i'm not basing it on anything other than knoledge of previous cases and an assesment of the situation as far as I understand it

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back