GUILTY UK - Louise Smith, 16, Havant, Hampshire, 8 May 2020 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don’t have any legal knowledge but just done a bit of reading - please correct me if I am wrong ....
CJ can be compelled as a witness for the DEFENCE.

She can’t be compelled as a witness for the PROSECUTION because Louise was over 16. She could elect to be a witness though.

12:07KEY EVENT
David Mays and his movements on May 8
David Mays tells the court that he would often go around to Ringwood House to help out his daughter, CJ, if she ever needed anything.

During the broad time of Louise's death, he was on furlough and remembers watching the VE Day celebrations on television.

He says that he abided by the lockdown restrictions as much as he could during the time they were in force.

His car was seen on CCTV outside Ringwood House on May 8. He was shown the CCTV by police when he gave a second statement to them in relation to the case.

The witness admits that he initially could not remember going out on May 8 as he remembers being at home watching the VE Day celebrations on television, among other things.

David Mays is asked about an allegation that he took cannabis around to Ringwood House on May 8 - he denies this, saying there was "no chance" that happened and that he doesn't "believe in the stuff".

12:07ALEX BOYD
David Mays evidence now finished
Both barristers have asked questions of David Mays, and he has now finished giving evidence.

So it was CJ's father's car that SM was seen approaching and then telling LE about buying weed from?

I don’t have any legal knowledge but just done a bit of reading - please correct me if I am wrong ....
CJ can be compelled as a witness for the DEFENCE.

She can’t be compelled as a witness for the PROSECUTION because Louise was over 16. She could elect to be a witness though.
Thanks, I missed this when I read it the other week:

Spouses or civil partners are competent and compellable to give evidence on behalf of the Defendant or the Defendant's co-accused.

Competence and Compellability | The Crown Prosecution Service

Never knew that.

minutes ago
Car ‘pulled up’ outside Ringwood House on May 8
Defending Mays, Andrew Langdon QC said a car pulled up outside Ringwood House on the afternoon of May 8 - the day Louise Smith went missing.

The car, belonging to a relative, had a roofbox. Mays went to the car and got bingo tickets for his wife.

this refers to David Mays visit I think.

I may have missed a reference to cannabis elsewhere but I can’t recall one.

@Bogyo13

I think, like many of us, they probably think that was how he managed to entice her to the woods. And that David Mays supplied it to SM as that cctv is all they have to show that he met with someone.

SM says bingo tickets - some of us say ‘you’re lying mate’

MOO of course.

I think, like many of us, they probably think that was how he managed to entice her to the woods. And that David Mays supplied it to SM as that cctv is all they have to show that he met with someone.

SM says bingo tickets - some of us say ‘you’re lying mate’

MOO of course.

Oh I thought there were 2, one meeting for bingo and another for weed?
I have never played bingo, but wouldn't there be a trail of the tickets? Also CJ could testify about it but I doubt she will.
I am surprised she hasn't filed for divorce yet. Makes her even more suspicious!! MOO

12:22ALEX BOYD
'Quite difficult' to skew results of the psychological tests
Mr Langdon QC references that Mr Mays was described as "no fool" during cross-examination on Thursday (December 3).

The defence barrister asks the psychologist whether it is possible for people to deliberately skew results of the various tests they have carried out on them, to make them seem less able than they are.

She says that is quite difficult to do.

She replied in part: "It is quite difficult to really predict how the tests are going to be stored and what results we can get."

There are a number of ways from which results can be formed.

Updates as defence case in Louise Smith murder trial continues

Well this isn't an emphatic no. Quite difficult is not impossible MOO
I'm definitely not saying he's a genius who fooled the Dr but..

If someone can remember all these lies... JMO

Well this isn't an emphatic no. Quite difficult is not impossible MOO
I'm definitely not saying he's a genius who fooled the Dr but..

If someone can remember all these lies... JMO

I agree.
She is the expert and obviously has faith in her system, which is only to be expected.
But although I doubt SM was smart enough to be working out how the tests were going to be stored in order to produce the results, at the same time, a person with his quoted IQ of 63 often has a level of cunning which makes up for his lack of basic intelligence.
All MOO of course but based on personal experience of dealing with a person with similar IQ level.

I agree.
She is the expert and obviously has faith in her system, which is only to be expected.
But although I doubt SM was smart enough to be working out how the tests were going to be stored in order to produce the results, at the same time, a person with his quoted IQ of 63 often has a level of cunning which makes up for his lack of basic intelligence.
All MOO of course but based on personal experience of dealing with a person with similar IQ level.

It is not improbable that he has been tested at other times and knew what to expect.(If he remembered,of course!)

Crown Bingo - Leigh Park

This is the Bingo place I believe. It's advertising 'we're back after the relaxing of lockdown rules, it was closed during the first lockdown too.
Why bingo tickets when place is closed? Anyone into bingo who can explain?

Given his poor memory he could have forgotten the word lottery and just thought of all the little balls churning around and thought of the word bingo..or it might not have been tickets being delivered .

Am I right in thinking that SM was to have an appropriate adult with him in court because of his supposed low intelligence? If so what was their purpose, as no mention was made of them during reporting.

I think they would be there to make sure SW fully understood any information said in court and to explain any terms or language used which SW might not recognise.
There would be no need to mention them in the reporting.

I think they would be there to make sure SW fully understood any information said in court and to explain any terms or language used which SW might not recognise.
There would be no need to mention them in the reporting.
Fair enough. It just didn’t seem like he was having as much trouble answering questions or articulating as I would have imagined someone with such difficulties would have.

12:16JAMIE PHILLIPS
'I knew it was going to turn into an argument'
Shane Mays tells the court of the how the conversation turned into an argument in the Havant Thicket clearing.

I was standing. I knew it was going to turn into an argument. Stood up as soon as she started talking about weed. I was going to try and walk away, but that would have meant living her in the woods on her own.

The jury is then shown an image of where Louise's body was found just the other side of the logs. Louise's body is blacked out of the image.

Louise Smith murder trial updates as accused continues to give evidence

Bbm - because THAT would be dangerous? o_O

Having been here a long, long time that is the most ludicrous thing I've ever heard. 'I made the decision to stay there and beat her to death, because she might have been at the most minuscule microscopic fraction of risk of harm if I left her in a woodland on her own in the middle of the day'

Bbm - because THAT would be dangerous? o_O

Having been here a long, long time that is the most ludicrous thing I've ever heard. 'I made the decision to stay there and beat her to death, because she might have been at the most minuscule microscopic fraction of risk of harm if I left her in a woodland on her own in the middle of the day'
And after he walked away while she was moaning in pain, she poked herself with a stick and spontaneously combusted. Yeah right.
If I'm on that jury he's not getting away with manslaughter or second degree anything. Moo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1000MoonsAgo
Back