UK - Lucy Letby - Post-Conviction Statutory Inquiry

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
4:45pm
More stories to come, but this was of note:
Ms Langdale KC told the inquiry it appears that Letby had visited the Countess of Chester Hospital NNU unsupervised on one occasion in the last week of February 2017 with the knowledge of at least Alison Kelly, Susan Hodkinson, and Karen Rees.
Letby attended a ‘tea party’ on the unit in company with a nurse, which Yvonne Griffiths, Deputy Unit Manager, explained to staff was to welcome Letby back onto the Unit.
Nursery Nurse Jean Peers in her evidence to the inquiry, said: "I was on [at] the weekend and so was Yvonne Griffiths, she said that Letby was coming with [a nurse] and that we would do a tea party to welcome her.
"We did cakes and tea, and she came in and we were all talking, and she did not say a word to us.
"Yvonne and I were talking a lot to make it nice and relaxed and when she went, we both said, oh my God, she is going to make it hard for us when she returns as she seems angry…”

Recap: Thirlwall inquiry into Lucy Letby baby deaths case begins

Ms Langdale KC told the inquiry it appears that Letby had visited the Countess of Chester Hospital NNU unsupervised on one occasion in the last week of February 2017 with the knowledge of at least Alison Kelly, Susan Hodkinson, and Karen Rees.
Letby attended a ‘tea party’ on the unit in company with a nurse, which Yvonne Griffiths, Deputy Unit Manager, explained to staff was to welcome Letby back onto the Unit.
Nursery Nurse Jean Peers in her evidence to the inquiry, said: "I was on [at] the weekend and so was Yvonne Griffiths, she said that Letby was coming with [a nurse] and that we would do a tea party to welcome her.
"We did cakes and tea, and she came in and we were all talking, and she did not say a word to us.
"Yvonne and I were talking a lot to make it nice and relaxed and when she went, we both said, oh my God, she is going to make it hard for us when she returns as she seems angry…”

She was spiteful enough, injustice collector, vengeful spirit. She absolutely would have.

MOO

Absolutely disgusting that they did a tea party ...but even more weird that she didn't speak to them

I really think she thought she would go back to work quickly then miraculously get a job at Alder Hay
The idea of her going to Alder Hey just absolutely chills me. She would have had access to much sicker babies with much more uncertain outcomes. Her toll could have been exponentially higher.

And yes, I am certain she was arrogant enough that she thought she would shake all the drama at COCH off. Her smug smile whenever the management intervened for her... she thought she was too clever to swing for it. Well, there's no more hanging, but her actions have indeed cost her the rest of her life.

MOO

Doc Choc was behind her visits to Alder Hey!

Letby exchanged over 1,300 Facebook messages with junior doctor​

14:03 BST​

Judith Moritz
Reporting from the inquiry

We are hearing more now from Rachel Langdale KC as she continues making her opening statement to the inquiry - she begins by talking about the extent to which Letby used to send messages to a paediatric registrar - a junior doctor anonymised as Dr U.

Langdale says over 1,300 Facebook messages were exchanged between Letby and Dr U between mid-June and 28 September 2016.

"Some of these messages discussed the collapses of babies that Letby was involved in. Dr U himself was involved in the care of Child I, Child L, Child M, Child O and Child P.”

Lucy Letby hospital inquiry: Letby visited different children's hospital while deaths were investigated, inquiry told
Dr 'U look very nice in that blouse'
Dr 'U don't mind that I'm married with kids right?'

It seems that the guardian's take on Dr Hawdon's case review was absolute rubbish. She didn't do the full forensic review requested, and even then found that 5 of the 7 deaths on the indictment were medically unexplained. She later said that the occurrence of more than one unexplained death in a short period of time was suspicious. It seems like her report was written using medical language so the senior execs, who aren't doctors, didn't really get it. It wasn't entitled 'These babies were murdered' and so they read it as letby was exonerated.

The inquiry started off in date order but then seemed to go backwards and forwards in time as it progressed. I feel like it should have been kept in date order to aid with understanding.

I'm not at all sure how Letby came to know what she was suspected of - to me it seems to jump from investigating her practices to her knowing she was suspected of murder at the family meeting.

I really think she thought she would go back to work quickly then miraculously get a job at Alder Hay
Just like she thought she would be found not guilty if she went in the witness box. She would outsmart the prosecutor, just with her prowess. I would say she was used to manipulating people her whole life. The few occasions (or was it just once?) she broke down in the witness box was when she was cornered and exposed.

IMO

Not sure if this has been posted yet as I haven't gone through all the pages here yet but I watch a lot of this guy's videos (and of his mate the BlackBelt Barrister) and to bring to everyone's attention that our own CS2C gets a very positive mention by him.
Thanks for highlighting that Mor...I had no idea. I'm usually getting abused by Lucy sympathisers lol

I can't believe Dr A has the brass neck to ask for anonymity. Trying to find work for Lucy at Alder Hey whilst deaths are being looked into,sneaking about with her when she was redeployed, sending her highly confidential emails about meetings etc. Bloke is a liability.

I can't believe Dr A has the brass neck to ask for anonymity. Trying to find work for Lucy at Alder Hey whilst deaths are being looked into,sneaking about with her when she was redeployed, sending her highly confidential emails about meetings etc. Bloke is a liability.
I wouldn't want to work with him. And I sure as hell wouldn't want him responsible for my medical care, or anyone else's.

He had one responsibility - the health and wellbeing of the infants in his care. And he put Letby first again and again, doubling down when he knew the extent of what she was suspected of having done.

He put a flirtation/affair with a baby killer above the lives of the babies she killed.

MOO

She doesn't come across as someone who would be that great at it either. Probably like just strangely calm and unflustered.

Still so much to process from all the truth bombs the inquiry dropped today but this was one that I didn’t expect. So on top of visits to her home, shopping trips and away days to London, Doc Choc was trying to get her a job working at Alder Hey where he was working ? I wonder how much Johnson knew about this when she was denying they were anything more than friends .

What was her long term plan I wonder … to eventually recreate their “glory”days when they were such a great team together? Trauma bonding over tiny babies who she’d deliberately harmed in the most sadistic ways? It really doesn’t bear thinking about!

Just like she thought she would be found not guilty if she went in the witness box. She would outsmart the prosecutor, just with her prowess. I would say she was used to manipulating people her whole life. The few occasions (or was it just once?) she broke down in the witness box was when she was cornered and exposed.

IMO
Having seen how supportive senior management were of her I can totally understand why she felt confident she could outsmart the police and the prosecution. And thank god for that arrrogance, as it led to her taking the stand… and the rest is history.

Exactly! So many of their myths have been busted by today’s revelations . I wonder if a single one of them will have the decency to reconsider their stance now?
I doubt it. They'll double down. That sort does. The grand conspiracy is a more romantic, enticing story than the fact that a nurse killed babies and a mixture of incompetence and willful ignorance from her superiors allowed her to do it for a minimum of a year.

Murderers, as I said to my partner today, are more often than not underwhelming. We're expecting the grand, melodramatic motive, the complicated web of intrigue, but those are things of the realm of fiction. I'm not saying that the truth can't be fantastical, complicated and fascinating, but generally, murderers are boring and mundane. They're people, not fanged monsters with cape and claws, drinking the blood of the innocent. Just a spiteful, bland nurse, committing acts of cruelty and murder to fuel her own sense of power and self importance and distract herself from her cardboard cutout life.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tankaroo
Back