UK - Lucy Letby - Post-Conviction Statutory Inquiry

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm not sure - I think the mother would be expected to be there but if the dad was present less prior then maybe he wasn't?

"On the floor crying" just seems to be a bit of a ridiculous thing to say because it sounds so implausible - although far from impossible - as it's not usually the way people behave.
Tbh I think it doesn't make sense because it's BS.

Q. Do you remember their dad literally
being prostrate on the floor following Child A’s death?
A. What does that mean, sorry?
Q. On the floor, lying on the floor.
A. I don't recall anyone lying on the floor, no.
Q. Well, can we go to Child B’s sequence of events,
please, to tile 132.
This is your message. Would you read it out,
please?
A. "Oh don't feel like that, I'm sorry you had to end your
shift like that. I've said to (redacted) that I can't look
after Child B because I just don't know how I'm going to
feel seeing parents. Dad was on the floor crying,
saying, please don't take our baby away, when I took him
to the mortuary. It's just heartbreaking. Glad the
photos are nice."
Q. You don't remember that?
A. No.

Yeh vampirism. Reminds me that another layer of the evidence that got her convicted was her lies taken with falsified med notes its compounding and damning. Fair few of em as well. Good because it was her word and image that she relied on as a defence "I'm not the type of person to kill babies" and her prior lies showed her as someone to not be relied on.

Mother of Child E and Child F:

“Why was the post-mortem not mandatory? Why was it left to me to make that decision?

“I feel guilty for not requesting that, because if that had come back and something would have been on it, there is a lot of babies that could not have been involved in this case and it could have stopped there.

“That weighs very, very heavily on me and that decision was ultimately ours.

“That’s painful to think about so I carry our grief, but the sadness of the other families, because it should never have gone past that point.”

She continued: “And it’s the same when I realised that the insulin reading was there, and it was seen, and nothing was done."

I hope and think that these parents are getting every bit of support necessary both from the pro's and friends/loved ones. The more I know of their story in this broader story the more I know the depth of their suffering. She's describing something like survivors guilt, that's not her pain to own.

Today’s evidence has been on a whole new level of abhorrent.
Her hand was in the photos in the memory box, dressed in clothes she had chosen and handprints she had made - I just cannot read it without feeling emotional.
The power play games literally knock me sick.
I just cannot compute this evil.

"Later, the father of Baby G broke down as he recounted how his very premature daughter had beaten the odds to survive her first 100 days of life, only to be left severely brain damaged and unable to walk, see, or feed herself following an attack by Letby.

The nurse overfed the infant with milk, causing Baby G to be violently sick and inhale vomit into her lungs, starving her of oxygen, in the early hours of September 7 2015.

Her father told the hearing he and his wife were kept in the dark about the true cause of their daughter's collapse and also had no idea she had stopped breathing on two other occasions a fortnight later until they attended the criminal trial.

Letby was convicted of two counts of attempted murder in relation to Baby G, who is now aged nine."

Baby G's case is one of the very worst. Honestly, I think I'd rather have lost me newborn than to have the child suffer such difficult struggles all their life, being severely brain damaged, unable to see, communicate, walk or feed herself. That is such an unbearable burden for everyone to deal with forever. It is truly devastating.

Mother of Child I -

"Serial killer Letby injected air into Child I’s stomach and bloodstream as she finally took her life on her fourth attempt.

[...]

“How many babies needed to die or be seriously harmed for action to be taken to stop Lucy Letby? Sadly, we all now know the answer.

“People paid huge salaries allowed this to happen. They made doctors apologise to Lucy Letby when she had murdered babies and continued to harm other babies. The Countess of Chester Hospital was totally blinded by self-preservation that they forgot why they exist – to remain true to the Hippocratic Oath.”

Child I’s mother told inquiry chair Lady Thirlwall that senior management should face sanctions if they ignore concerns raised by whistleblowers.

[...]

more to read at link

From the mother of Child D's evidence (pages 4, 5 and 6 of the transcripts of 17 Sep 2024 ) -

Q. What did you learn when you caught up with what had happened in the criminal trial and what had been said about your daughter? What did you learn that you did not know before in that process?

A. [...] all the messages and the interest Lucy Letby had in our family, I didn't know.

Q. Just pausing there, so you say in your statement one of the things you found hard to digest in the criminal trial was how Letby could say she didn't remember your daughter. What did you find out -- first of all, how did you find that, and what did you find out in terms of her conducting searches on you and your husband?

A. I ... I didn't realise how much of a mess this was. I -- in my head, I could picture her in my story. But I didn't know everything else that was happening. I found out that she looked us up, both my husband and I, which I clearly know the mother's name does not appear where she would be looking at a baby's notes. So she would have had to consciously go and look for the notes. Even more, for my husband. She -- I never spoke with her in conversation to know her name. I -- she shouldn't have known about us and she should have had no reason to go and look us up. And the conversations she had by text message with colleagues about my daughter and how she called this "fate", and that "sometimes things happen", this I found shocking, because after what she's done, this is disgusting. I don't know if that answered the question. Sorry.

Also from Child D's mother's evidence at page 71 -

"In preparation for the trial, we also had to consider what we would tell Child D's brother about his sister. I explained that Child D died because someone hurt her. He asked where that person was, and when I said 'prison', he didn't ask any more until a while after. Then one day he asked me who had the keys to the prison and if there was any chance the person that hurt Child D could get the keys and get out. He got upset and worried she might get out and hurt other babies,including his cousin. I had to reassure him there was no chance of that happening."

From Child I's mother - page 125

"Looking back, I didn't have many dealings with Lucy Letby. I have already outlined the ones I remember. I remember thinking she was a bit quiet and a bit odd. She always seemed a bit of a loner. The most interaction I had with her was when she helped me bathe our baby. We saw her around on the odd occasion, but we didn't have much to do with her. She was always the most reserved of the nurses. I remember thinking she seemed miserable compared to the others and I never saw her interact with parents much."Now I have seen the medical records, I am absolutely shocked at how much 'care' she provided to our baby. She is all over her notes. I have noticed a lot of the 'care' was when I wasn't present. "I have been told that Lucy Letby sent us a card when our baby's funeral was held. I don't recall receiving one at all. I did get sent some cards, and I kept them, and I have looked through them, but I haven't found a card from her. For the funeral I specifically requested no cards, so someone else might have opened the card and thrown it away.

Interesting to hear that from the parents, they seem very much like they see her as very distant. Not really like what Lucy said when she described them as close. No reason for her to be fb snooping. I could understand if the parents did establish something like a relationship but that's not the case here is it? Really fits with the voyeurism noted by the judge in the first trial.

Interesting to hear that from the parents, they seem very much like they see her as very distant. Not really like what Lucy said when she described them as close. No reason for her to be fb snooping. I could understand if the parents did establish something like a relationship but that's not the case here is it? Really fits with the voyeurism noted by the judge in the first trial.
I would encourage you to read the full transcripts rather than just the snippets being shared here, or listen to the daily mail podcasts where they have voice actors reading out parts of the transcripts. There are also many references about LL helping the parents- there is a real mix of experiences and the parents are also wary of just relying on hindsight, they also have a lot of upset towards a lot of other medical staff involved in the care of their children. They are able to discuss a lot more and raise a lot more now than they could during the trial, they have been fighting a long battle and it’s terrible reading . What adds to the heartbreak is a number of parents had not even wanted there children to be born at that hospital and had hoped and some even arranged to give birth elsewhere and due to unfortunate circumstances ended up at the countess.

Can you imagine the pain of child a & b’s mother at not being able to see her own babies after she gave birth. She asked to see them and was told no as they were being given long lines- she waited overnight and several hours th following day to see for the first time the children she had given birth to.

Parent D just want the truth to come out … This is post trial and they still don’t feel
vindicated by LL being imprisoned.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bill1620
Back