UK- Major incident declared in Southport after multiple stabbings, 29 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm totally shocked by this too as this is my home town. It's a small town where a large part of the population are old age pensioners. There are issues, as with many seaside towns, like unemployment, drugs etc. But for someone to actually choose to go to a small dance studio and attack little girls is horrific. All I can think is that maybe it was predominantly an attack on one of the teachers, like an ex boyfriend type scenario. My heart goes out to all those involved.
He was aware that this dance class was happening there and then. He got a taxi there before launching his attack

I'm totally shocked by this too as this is my home town. It's a small town where a large part of the population are old age pensioners. There are issues, as with many seaside towns, like unemployment, drugs etc. But for someone to actually choose to go to a small dance studio and attack little girls is horrific. All I can think is that maybe it was predominantly an attack on one of the teachers, like an ex boyfriend type scenario. My heart goes out to all those involved.
That's an angle I hadn't thought of - that the attack was intended against a teacher. Horrific.

jmo

Eye-witness Bare Varathan, 35, who owns a corner shop on Hart Street, said he was called by a staff member who told him, “Boss, get to the shop!” He said: “I saw seven to ten kids outside the nursery. They were injured, bleeding. They were in the road, running from the nursery.''

“They had been stabbed, here, here, here, everywhere. (Mr Varathan indicated the neck, back and chest area). They were all aged about ten. One of them was really seriously injured.”
He added that emergency services descended upon the scene, and that the suspect had reportedly arrived in a taxi with a knife.
Eyewitnesses saw children with stab injuries running onto the road

Eyewitnesses saw children with stab injuries running onto the road (James Speakman/PA Wire)
In distressing scenes, one local resident recalled seeing a mother hysterically screaming for help as children were being treated on the floor by paramedics. He said: “She was screaming ‘my daughter’s been stabbed’.
1722265939882.png

It's not often crimes affect me but my God. This is awful. As a mum of a 4 and 2 year old girl I just can't even comprehend.
My kids are now adults and I can't comprehend either. Just the other day my daughter and I were laughing as we shared funny stories about her dance-class days. Now I'm teary-eyed thinking of the memories these kids and parents will have.

jmo

Eye-witness Bare Varathan, 35, who owns a corner shop on Hart Street, said he was called by a staff member who told him, “Boss, get to the shop!” He said: “I saw seven to ten kids outside the nursery. They were injured, bleeding. They were in the road, running from the nursery.''

“They had been stabbed, here, here, here, everywhere. (Mr Varathan indicated the neck, back and chest area). They were all aged about ten. One of them was really seriously injured.”
He added that emergency services descended upon the scene, and that the suspect had reportedly arrived in a taxi with a knife.
Eyewitnesses saw children with stab injuries running onto the road

Eyewitnesses saw children with stab injuries running onto the road (James Speakman/PA Wire)
In distressing scenes, one local resident recalled seeing a mother hysterically screaming for help as children were being treated on the floor by paramedics. He said: “She was screaming ‘my daughter’s been stabbed’.
View attachment 521219
This appears to have been a planned attack on the kids at the location

First, so sorry this violent crime happened in an area you know personally. Second, thanks for your local insight - really helps those of us far away to get an idea of the place and people.

jmo

Stabbing took place at pregnancy care centre, Sky News understands​

The stabbing in Southport took place at Hart Space, Sky News understands.
A member of staff at the pregnancy care centre said news of what had happened had "shaken her to the core" and all she could think about was the families of those children and class leaders that were there today.
We reported earlier that a "Taylor Swift Yoga and Dance Workshop" aimed at children aged between primary school years two and six was was taking place near where the attack happened (see post at 3.21pm).

Councillor understands child has died in stabbing

Norwood councillor Greg Myres has seemingly confirmed a child has died in the stabbing in Southport.

When asked if he could confirm the death of a child, he told the PA news agency: "That is my understanding of the situation."

I would be surprised if the target was the teacher/s. To me it sounds like a highly targeted and planned attack on a particular demographic, ie young girls enjoying themselves (how dare they). Maybe an attempt to gain some of the worldwide attention on the Taylor Swift tour that recently visited the UK. This type of psychopath always wants the maximum attention.
To me the only fair punishment here is that he be handed over immediately to the parents. Too many idle young males "living" on their computers, festering and feeding their own deviancies and inadequacies.

A member of staff at the pregnancy care centre said news of what had happened had "shaken her to the core" and all she could think about was the families of those children and class leaders that were there today.
We reported earlier that a "Taylor Swift Yoga and Dance Workshop" aimed at children aged between primary school years two and six was was taking place near where the attack happened (see post at 3.21pm).
Im assuming the pregnancy center is The Hart Space, and that the TS event took place in one of the areas of the center

Any expecting mamas at the pregnancy center need to put themselves first right now. Turn off the news coverage, block it out - the world will keep turning without you knowing the details. Focus on yourself and the baby. It is not selfish to ignore this horrific situation right now.

That's unsolicited advice from an older mom to the younger ones.

jmo

Well,where do we begin?

The Hart Space is just a little bit special!

This space has been developed with you in mind. No dusty floor or outdated decor, this is a place you can relax, feel at home and feel supported.

The Hart Space is proud to call itself home to a variety of businesses which have been handpicked as they provide the BEST classes and support. As that is what you deserve!

Please note The Hart Space is located on the first floor of Norwood Business Park and is at the rear of 34 Hart Street. There is no lift at this venue.

There is FREE road parking with no restrictions and a place for prams when you walk through the door.

1000014893.jpg

First, so sorry this violent crime happened in an area you know personally. Second, thanks for your local insight - really helps those of us far away to get an idea of the place and people.

jmo

Thank you for your kind comments. I haven't lived there for a long time but go back often to visit family. Not sure if this is PC but it's a predominantly white area, with a lot of retired people and young families. Many young people leave to go to university/ get jobs in nearby cities such as Manchester or Liverpool, or further away, due to limited job opportunities there (it's a seaside town, so very seasonal). There' s your everyday crime such as theft and drugs, and there are small-time gangs (big fish in a small pond). There is also a lot of wealth there and a number of footballers live there or in the vicinity. There have been some serious murders in the past which have always made the news, (a few spring to mind, and they're usually domestic). However, to my knowledge something like this is completely unprecedented. You'd expect this in London or even Manchester/ Liverpool but never in a small seaside town like Southport. I think that's what makes it extra shocking.

Well,where do we begin?

The Hart Space is just a little bit special!

This space has been developed with you in mind. No dusty floor or outdated decor, this is a place you can relax, feel at home and feel supported.

The Hart Space is proud to call itself home to a variety of businesses which have been handpicked as they provide the BEST classes and support. As that is what you deserve!

Please note The Hart Space is located on the first floor of Norwood Business Park and is at the rear of 34 Hart Street. There is no lift at this venue.

There is FREE road parking with no restrictions and a place for prams when you walk through the door.

View attachment 521223
Sounds like a really nice place and I bet the people who used the facility appreciated it.

I'm so mad it was defiled.

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay