UK- Major incident declared in Southport after multiple stabbings, 29 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Recap: What we know so far
- Eight people, including children, were stabbed on Hart Street, Southport on Monday morning.

- The attack happened at a Taylor Swift themed children’s dance class at a community space that runs baby yoga and school holiday activities.

- One child is believed to have been killed, a local councillor said.

- Police have arrested one man and retrieved a knife.

Oh my gosh, my heart goes out to the children and families.
I have children of primary school age that attend holiday clubs, this is just so awful to hear when they should’ve been in a safe space having fun .

JMO but I think there must be a link to either one of the children or staff due to him getting a taxi directly there.

Totally brainstorming - this is speculation as we await more info.

Could he have committed this crime to get the attention of Taylor Swift? I'm thinking of the shooter who shot President Reagan in the US to get attention from the actress Jody Foster (and no that made zero sense, but that was the motive). The shooter of John Lennon did it for the glory. Could this stabber have been obsessed with Taylor Swift and/or using her to get world-wide attention? IDK.

Of course, this is a GUESS WITH LIMITED INFO and as we learn more this thought might be quickly set aside. I'm just thinking aloud now, in the early stages of the coverage.

jmo

Last edited:
"British police have arrested a man and seized a knife or machete after a report of a stabbing in Southport, north of Liverpool."

"Two tracks about the perpetrator are circulating on social media. According to one, it would be someone who escaped from an institution in the area and according to the other, it would be a 'non-Western' man. There is currently no evidence for either track."
SBM

From a Dutch news article:

https://p-magazine.com/nl/articles/man-steekt-jonge-kinderen-neer-in-southport-een-dode-tiental-zwaargewonden

Police carried out bodies of girls, says resident
Ryan Carney, who lives with his mother Hayley on Hart Street, said he rushed home from work to be with her after she saw the incident.

Speaking to reporters at the police cordon, he said: “She went out to see what was going on, because she could hear screaming and crying, so she goes out.

“All she said was she saw members of, I don’t know, either police or ambulance, carrying out a few bodies of girls.

“They were in white, but covered in red, covered in blood. She said she could see the stab wounds in the backs of the children. That’s what she saw.

“My brother’s been with her, he’s 13, he’s witnessed it. She’s gone in the house and made cups of coffee and stuff for the fire service and everything like that.

“She came out and there was a woman who was screaming, saying she can’t find her child.

“They let her into the cordon and she ran down and all she could hear was screaming and crying, saying, “That’s my child! That’s my child!”

Well,where do we begin?

The Hart Space is just a little bit special!

This space has been developed with you in mind. No dusty floor or outdated decor, this is a place you can relax, feel at home and feel supported.

The Hart Space is proud to call itself home to a variety of businesses which have been handpicked as they provide the BEST classes and support. As that is what you deserve!

Please note The Hart Space is located on the first floor of Norwood Business Park and is at the rear of 34 Hart Street. There is no lift at this venue.

There is FREE road parking with no restrictions and a place for prams when you walk through the door.

View attachment 521223

It does sound like a great community facility, but to an incel type it also spells out that he is unlikely to encounter much security or many, if any, other males, but with plenty of female targets, of which he has chosen the easiest ones the little girls.
I am picturing my nieces now terrified for my little great-nieces, both love dancing. Which of course is just what this freak wants. We must not give in to misogyny as women and girls have been attacked in so many high profile incidents over recent weeks.

It would be a good idea to have some security staff guarding the places with kids having activities inside.

How did he get in?
Was there security in this place?

Like in schools,
where no strangers can go into a building.

JMO

Totally brainstorming - this is speculation as we await more info.

Could he have committed this crime to get attention of Taylor Swift? I'm thinking of the shooter who shot President Reagan in the US to get attention from the actress Jody Foster (and no that made zero sense, but that was the motive). The shooter of John Lennon did it for the glory. Could this stabber have been obsessed with Taylor Swift and/or using her to get world-wide attention? IDK.

Of course, this is a GUESS WITH LIMITED INFO and as we learn more this thought might be quickly set aside. I'm just thinking aloud now, in the early stages of the coverage.

jmo
I get the vibes that he has something he wants to bring attention to, and he knows that going after kids at a taylor swift event would get him tons of attention

It would be a good idea to have some security staff guarding the places with kids having activities inside.

How did he get in?
Was there security in this place?

JMO

I doubt it, Dotta! That's the crazy thing, it's a small studio putting on dance classes for children, by the sounds of it. In England we don't have security in places like that. The only place you'll see security is in pound shops (strangely!) and outside bars and nightclubs. It's been a long time since I've been in a nightclub in Southport/ Liverpool but it was actually the doormen that used to cause the trouble/ start the fights back in the day!

I get the vibes that he has something he wants to bring attention to, and he knows that going after kids at a taylor swift event would get him tons of attention
That is another idea to consider. So far, here are some possible motives:

* Domestic - target was a teacher and/or child personally known to the perp, and others were attacked in the process.

* Incel attacking a place where women and girls gather.

* Someone who didn't approve of the class specifically - girls dancing to Taylor Swift.

* Someone who didn't approve of services the center offered.

* Someone seeking attention from a celebrity and/or attention from the world because Taylor Swift's name is associated.

* Homicidal maniac who chose easy targets.

* Creep who was stalking little girls in general or a girl in this class.

Anything else to toss on the table while we await more info?

jmo

* Domestic - target was a teacher and/or child personally known to the perp, and others were attacked in the process.

* Someone who didn't approve of the class specifically - girls dancing to Taylor Swift.

* Someone seeking attention from a celebrity and/or attention from the world because Taylor Swift's name is associated.

jmo
Terrorism is the only other one I can think of.

jmo

My idea?

MH severe issues.

The same old story happening again and again :(

JMO

jmo

How sad that there are so many reasons for a man to justify to himself that he has the right to do this. What a world!

Mine?

MH severe issues.

The same old story happening again and again :(

JMO
Yes, that is another one. In my mind, I lumped that under "homicidal maniac" but that's an inadequate label. Mental-health issues are more complicated than one label and could be in several categories - including the goal of self harm by being sent to prison for the rest of his life.

jmo

How sad that there are so many reasons for a man to justify to himself that he has the right to do this. What a world!
Well, we could add someone who wanted to hurt the nice community in general.

Usually brainstorming is calming because it can help organize crazy thoughts....but today it just feels more overwhelming instead of less.

jmo

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay