UK- Major incident declared in Southport after multiple stabbings, 29 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is just sickening. I used to live in Banks. If I still lived there now my 6 y.o Taylor Swift obsessed daughter would have loved to have gone to that session. I felt sick sending her to her dance holiday club today, which is on for the rest of the week (about an hour away).

Thinking of everyone affected by this heinous act.

Just a thought, fwiw, speculation, imo.
Wondering if one of the reasons for the perp's murderous rampage, had anything to do with recent discussions concerning sending migrants to Rwanda?
June 2024
''What is the Rwanda asylum plan?
In April 2022, the government said that any asylum seeker entering the UK "illegally" after 1 January 2022, from a safe country such as France, could be sent to Rwanda.
They would have their asylum claims processed there, rather than in the UK.
If successful, they could be granted refugee status and allowed to stay in the landlocked east-central African country.

If not, they could apply to settle in Rwanda on other grounds, or seek asylum in another "safe third country".
No asylum seeker would be able to apply to return to the UK.''

Reactions: MrJ
Wondering if one of the reasons for the perp's murderous rampage, had anything to do with recent discussions concerning sending migrants to Rwanda?
June 2024
In April 2022, the government said that any asylum seeker entering the UK "illegally" after 1 January 2022, from a safe country such as France, could be sent to Rwanda.
If successful, they could be granted refugee status and allowed to stay in the landlocked east-central African country.

If not, they could apply to settle in Rwanda on other grounds, or seek asylum in another "safe third country".

The attacker was born in the UK.
This plan would not apply to him.
Besides,
as I read, this idea was rejected by new government.

Well,
that is from my point of view as a foreigner
living far away from the UK.

So,
I might be wrong.

JMO

June 2024

I really don't think so. He was born here, as was his elder brother. The family have been here for over 20 years, they must surely have settled status by now.

June 2024

Two points. Firstly, this scheme was the first thing that the incoming Labour government scrapped. Secondly, the perp was born here, so nobody's going to be repatriating him to Rwanda, or anywhere else. I'm sure it's just a coincidence.

Jul 30, 2024 #thesun #southport #attack
'A masked man has been pictured outside a house that was later raided by police in Southport after a horror knife rampage that left two children dead.Six other youngsters were left in critical condition after being stabbed at the Taylor Swift-themed event in Merseyside yesterday.Dozens of youngsters had gathered for a "yoga and dance" holiday club before the chaos unfolded.A newly released video from ITV shows an individual wearing a green hoodie and a face mask walking back and forth outside the front door of a separate property in Southport.'

On the basis of what we know at the moment I'm coming down on the side of this being a deliberately targetted attack rather the random killings of somebody suffering from a psychotic event. We know that he took a taxi straight to the venue, which argues in favour of this being targetted rather than random. The venue itself, The Hart Space, is on the first floor of the business centre. In British English that means that it's upstairs. He would have had to go into the business centre and go upstairs to The Hart Space, which again, makes this look like a targetted attack. But who has anything against primary school aged girls dancing to Taylor Swift and doing Yoga? That's the unfathomable thing. If it's the targetting of one particular child who was known to the perpetrator, that would be one way of making sense of this.

plus the fact the perp wore a hoodie and a face mask to conceal identity. JMO MOO

Beyond heartbreaking and beyond cruel. What sort of world are we living in now? My heart breaks for the loved ones of the victims and the victims themselves.

June 2024

That plan has been scrapped though, due to the supreme court ruling that Rwanda is an unsafe country, and the astronomical cost of the scheme. I don't think that it's of any relevance. Jmo, moo

Another possibility [along with several other valid potential motives that were outlined earlier in this thread] is that he is a relative of someone who was attending the dance event. A furious disgruntled older sibling of a much younger and favoured sister, perhaps.

I live 15 minutes walk away from what happened. It's been a terrible day here.
It’s unbelievable that something like this can happen so nearby. It’s horrific and so heartbreaking

A third child who died in the horror knife attack in Southport was today named as Alice Aguiar. It is understood the nine-year-old was originally from Portugal but had moved to Crossens in Sefton.

View attachment 521389
By targeting this specific dance class (which I bet the little dancers simply LOVED), the perp extended the hurt and pain across the world, likely scaring many, many little girls. That was part of his point, imo.

jmo

''The 17-year-old boy was born in Cardiff after his family moved in Britain apparently from Rwanda - then moved north to Merseyside about ten years ago.

The family of four lived in St Mellons and Thornhill areas of Cardiff before moving to Southport in 2013.

His former neighbours described their shock at events yesterday, saying the boys was a "typical, normal five year old"

''Helen, a neighbour of the suspect's family while they lived in Cardiff, has spoken of her shock at hearing the news from Southport.

"They were a lovely young couple. They were little boys, they were boisterous. Mum was a stay-at-home mum, Dad was nice, he went to work every day.

"They had a small family car, a little hatchback. They said they'd come from Rwanda and I thought, whatever you've been through, you deserve privacy.

"I'm not going to pry, you know, you've already got a story, and it's probably not a good one. It (the Rwandan genocide) had been in the news about a year before that.

"They were a normal family and they were normal kids trying to make ends meet. We chatted over the garden fence. You know, in the summer the back doors open, we chatted over the fence."

''Helen, a neighbour of the suspect's family while they lived in Cardiff, has spoken of her shock at hearing the news from Southport.

"They were a lovely young couple. They were little boys, they were boisterous. Mum was a stay-at-home mum, Dad was nice, he went to work every day.

"They had a small family car, a little hatchback. They said they'd come from Rwanda and I thought, whatever you've been through, you deserve privacy.

"I'm not going to pry, you know, you've already got a story, and it's probably not a good one. It (the Rwandan genocide) had been in the news about a year before that.

"They were a normal family and they were normal kids trying to make ends meet. We chatted over the garden fence. You know, in the summer the back doors open, we chatted over the fence."

Oh well,
Neighbours are always so surprised.
I'm waiting for:
"He was so nice.
He always said Hello".

JMO

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors