UK- Major incident declared in Southport after multiple stabbings, 29 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In the eyes of those who attacks the mosque, it doesn't matter that the suspect was born in the UK, and thus not an immigrant. To them anyone whomever is the child, grandchild, great-grandchild etc of immigrants that they don't want in "their" country, are classified as immigrants, of the second- , third-, fourth-generation immigrants. Take a look at some of the parties that won seats in the latest European Union election.
Yeah, I'm aware of their position, and just as aware that they're dead wrong.

There were Black Roman soldiers stationed on Hadrian's Wall. Stone age inhabitants of the UK likely had dark skin and blue eyes. Bronze Age trade routes meant the British Isles, Europe, Africa and Asia were all connected, and people did travel, trade, and migrate continuously.

England is and always has been made up of peoples just as diverse as its 'we'll have that' approach to vocabulary. The idea that there was ever a time it was all white people is just wrong, provably wrong. And I say that as a white person of completely English descent.

MOO

It was clear that violence would happen. It's been bubbling under the surface for a while. Last week there were incidents at Manchester and Leeds causing riots and disorder based on false stories that were manipulated by people wanting to cause disharmony. Nobody died at Manchester and Leeds. It was clear that people were distressed and very angry over the incident at Southport and perhaps the facts should have been communicated to stop the fake news. I know that the suspect was 17 but he should have been named given the mayhem that he has caused.

''According to reports, personal trainer Joel Verite, 25, rushed to the aid of a woman who screamed “forget about me, there’s a fella in there stabbing kids”.

He is reported to have helped two other officers, one using a taser, to take down the suspect.

The 6ft personal trainer told Sky News: “I just opened the door to see if anyone was there I go on to the bottom of the stairs and I look up and there’s this guy there in a full tracksuit with his hood up and a knife. He didn’t realise I would be there, we looked at each other and he’s scurried off to the side.''
Joel Verite hailed as a hero for confronting an attacker

Joel Verite hailed as a hero for confronting an attacker (Sky News)

It was clear that violence would happen. It's been bubbling under the surface for a while. Last week there were incidents at Manchester and Leeds causing riots and disorder based on false stories that were manipulated by people wanting to cause disharmony. Nobody died at Manchester and Leeds. It was clear that people were distressed and very angry over the incident at Southport and perhaps the facts should have been communicated to stop the fake news. I know that the suspect was 17 but he should have been named given the mayhem that he has caused.

I disagree. The police shouldn't have to name under 18s because people can't control themselves. People need to stop being morons.

It's important, imo, to shine a light on the horrible action of these people - it's not okay to sweep it aside but to face it head on as deplorable and DANGEROUS (and dumb).

jmo

We're heading way off topic here but yes, I agree we should confront evil.

5m ago

Merseyside Police said a number of officers have been injured and has appealed for any information or footage of the disturbances.

The force wrote on X: “A number of officers have been injured, cars set alight and a shop broken into and looted in Southport this evening. This is completely unacceptable. We’re gathering evidence and those responsible will be brought to justice. If you have footage of those involved DM @MerPolCC.”

It was clear that violence would happen. Its been bubbling under the surface for a while. All despite that fact that the killer was UK born and bred.
I agree, but I feel the need to point out that just because this suspect was not an immigrant himself (legal or illegal), that doesn't mean he didn't have in mind support for the people from his family's country of origin (Rwanda) or that problems with the way he felt Rwandans are being treated by UK government and/or citizens didn't factor in to his choosing to perpetrate a violent act in some sort of misguided protest.

Imo, he would not have to be the direct "victim" of bad policy or ethnic bias or anti-immigrant sentiment to carry out this violent act as a show of kinship or some feeling like that in support of people in the UK from Rwanda, his family's country of origin. Whether this is the case or not I don't know, but if so, I also don't know if this qualifies it as a terrorist act by legal definition.

I have looked back through the Telegraph articles and I now cannot see the reference to surveillance but I do have a vague memory of this. I will try and find a better reference. Farage has good form on pulling up government on security issues and of course now he has parliamentary privilege to ask questions which the public, I believe are entitled to know when a heinous attack is carried out.

As I have always said, terrorists are all psychopaths and psychopaths often gravitate to terrorist influences. There is a lot of crossover, albeit often just informal/online radicalization.

I think we just need the truth and transparency. Then there is no opportunity for social media lies to gain traction. It was the delay in the police giving any details on the suspect that now promotes suspicion,that needs to change.

I have looked back through the Telegraph articles and I now cannot see the reference to surveillance but I do have a vague memory of this. I will try and find a better reference. Farage has good form on pulling up government on security issues and of course now he has parliamentary privilege to ask questions which the public, I believe are entitled to know when a heinous attack is carried out.

As I have always said, terrorists are all psychopaths and psychopaths often gravitate to terrorist influences. There is a lot of crossover, albeit often just informal/online radicalization.

I think we just need the truth and transparency. Then there is no opportunity for social media lies to gain traction. It was the delay in the police giving any details on the suspect that now promotes suspicion,that needs to change.
The suspect is a minor, and as such, his identity is protected until such a time that the court rules it can be made public. That is not something the police have any control over.

MOO

When the wrong person was named on social media he was said to be on a security services’ watchlist so it could be a mix up from that.
Yes Ellie, I wondered that but I think it unlikely that the Telegraph would quote the unverified social media reports and it was the Telegraph that first reported the suspect's accurate family details that I posted.

The suspect is a minor, and as such, his identity is protected until such a time that the court rules it can be made public. That is not something the police have any control over.

MOO
Of course, but they do release some data, including a physical description which could be relevant to gather information. When they delay, it allows those wishing to stir up trouble, full rein.

Of course, but they do release some data, including a physical description which could be relevant to gather information. When they delay, it allows those wishing to stir up trouble, full rein.
I think if today's shown us anything, it's that those wishing to stir up trouble don't need a reason. They would have found an excuse to do what they did even if the suspect was a 100% white bricklayer from Bolton.

The minor's rights come first here, and trump the rabid curiosity of the general public, both those with good intentions and ill.

MOO

I think if today's shown us anything, it's that those wishing to stir up trouble don't need a reason. They would have found an excuse to do what they did even if the suspect was a 100% white bricklayer from Bolton.

The minor's rights come first here, and trump the rabid curiosity of the general public, both those with good intentions and ill.

MOO
Agree. The mob doesn't get to decide which laws and LE procedures are to be followed.

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back