UK- Major incident declared in Southport after multiple stabbings, 29 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is another one that I really hope doesn't go to trial. I can't predict everything in the future but I can predict that the vast majority of us don't want the year 2025 to start with a six week trial where this guy tries to claim diminished responsibility for cheffing little girls and their teacher in a dance class at the start of the summer holidays.

JMO

They don't name anyone of any age until they are charged and rightly so. (Unless it's someone on the run who they want help to find)
Also, the judge only agreed to representations to release the name because he will turn 18 next week (when he could be named anyway) and balancing the public interest where disinformation has filled the information vacuum. If he was 16 i don’t think we would have been told who he is as the law on naming juveniles is quite clear on this.

Now the killer has been named perhaps we will find out if he has been involved in any behaviour that would suggest a terrorist mind set and if there were opportunities to prevent what happened. Let us hope lessons can be learned before another similar incident. I am very worried about 'copycat' killers.

They don't name anyone of any age until they are charged and rightly so. (Unless it's someone on the run who they want help to find)
I think that you will find that decisions are made on a case-by-case basis. In this case the Public interest would have been best served by giving the name of the suspected murderer.

Now the killer has been named perhaps we will find out if he has been involved in any behaviour that would suggest a terrorist mind set and if there were opportunities to prevent what happened. Let us hope lessons can be learned before another similar incident. I am very worried about 'copycat' killers.
I would be surprised if he has a “terrorist” mindset (whatever one of those is?) but would not be surprised to find out that he maybe shares a lot of characteristics with US school shooters (unless we can characterise school shooters as terrorists since their behaviour terrorises?). I think comparison with US school shooters is likely relevant, but how to identity and prevent since a lot times this looks like teenage schoolboy angst. So how does society determine which boys to detain or focus extra effort on? I have no ideas as to how this can be prevented or stopped. There are plenty of people who would fit into this category who obviously never go on to commit such atrocities. He is potentially reminding me of Jake Davison - the Plymouth shooter. A loner incel with a hatred of women. They are not identical profiles, but wouldn’t be surprised to find some similarities between them. MOO.

Last edited:
Yes, I am worried about copycats as well, as we've said there are shades of the school shooter profile here IMO. I know they had to provide a reasonable amount of protection in case there was trouble at court but the whole fleet of vehicles made me uncomfortable. There are so many disaffected weird lads out there who dream of this kind of criminal status.

It would be sensible for everyone to watch out even more than we do already for young males (and they always seem to wear hoodies and facemasks now are not the norm) and to not be afraid of questioning why they might be in certain locations. I'm always haunted by the words of the young white security guard at the Ariana Grande concert that he noticed the young male with a large backpack but didn't challenge him because he didn't want to be accused of racism (bomber was of Libyan origin). Security guard avoided Manchester Arena bomber 'for fear of being called racist'

I don't think there was time in this incident to do anything but it is clear that the accused was acting oddly, anti-socially and was dressed strangely. I think most people would have been concerned had he been hanging about somewhere near women and children. Even the neighbour who gave his CCTV to the media of the suspect walking about on the morning of the attack was concerned.

I think for sure, we will see an attempt at a mental health defence of some sort. That is why the investigation needed to collect the physical samples to ascertain if any behaviour can be attributed to drug use at the time of the offense or leading up to it. Also comprehensive contemporaneous psychiatric assessments. Although if he has not talked then this will be limited to behavioural observations and information provided by family and others, any professionals involved and others around him.

Anything other than a full-blown proven psychotic episode at the time of the attack should not allow him to escape responsibility for the murders of these little girls. There is huge scepticism (justifiable in some cases, IMO) about the authenticity of this defense and could lead to a lot more disturbances if it is not seen as indisputable.

<modsnip - sleuthing family memberrs>

I just don’t think they have any recent photos of him at the moment or they would have used them.

I’m sure the press will be looking for any recent photos of him though. AMOO

Last edited by a moderator:
Couple more teen monsters come to mind (From the US).

Ethan Crumbley (15) another US school shooter (Michigan Oxford High School 2021) was the first minor to be given a whole life order without chance of parole, plus an additional 24 years. He murdered 4 students and injured seven others including a teacher. This was the guy who's parents were later charged with involuntary manslaughter and sentenced to 10-15 years a piece.

Aiden Fucci (14) was tried as an adult for the first degree, premeditated murder (gruesome stabbing) of 13 year old Tristyn Bailey in Florida in 2021. The trial was last year. Fucci was 16. The trial heard he stabbed her 114 times with at least 49 of those defensive wounds to her hands, arms and head.

Tbh, I find the news report contradictory from the start, LE said no terror act, but it seems it hasn't fully investigated, or ruled out, either
"Searches of electronic devices such as phones and laptops linked to the teenage suspect continue, and investigators will gain greater confidence that no terrorist or ideological motive played a part, once those searches are complete"
Police searching for motive for Southport stabbings focus on suspect’s mental health

"not being treated as terror-related."
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2024/07/30/uk/southport-stabbing-attack-explainer

The motive and the cowardly attack, what's the difference?
Not much, imo

I suspect its not treated as terror related as the definition of terror related legally is very small in scope in the UK. I also suspect this is inspired by US school shootings. Strikes me of Adam Lanza in particular

I suspect its not treated as terror related as the definition of terror related legally is very small in scope in the UK. I also suspect this is inspired by US school shootings. Strikes me of Adam Lanza in particular
Yes definitely, the two I mentioned above, though vicious, they went for victims their own age or thereabouts and in their own schools.

I would be surprised if he has a “terrorist” mindset (whatever one of those is?) but would not be surprised to find out that he maybe shares a lot of characteristics with US school shooters (unless we can characterise school shooters as terrorists since their behaviour terrorises?). I think comparison with US school shooters is likely relevant, but how to identity and prevent since a lot times this looks like teenage schoolboy angst. So how does society determine which boys to detain or focus extra effort on? I have no ideas as to how this can be prevented or stopped. There are plenty of people who would fit into this category who obviously never go on to commit such atrocities. He is potentially reminding me of Jake Davison - the Plymouth shooter. A loner incel with a hatred of women. They are not identical profiles, but wouldn’t be surprised to find some similarities between them. MOO.
This is my opinion only. I think that there is a lot of undiagnosed, misdiagnosed or unmanaged mental health for a lot of these young males. There's a lot of self medicating that goes on too whether it be with alcohol, marijuana or harder drugs. What kind of life has this kid lived? Was he involved in sports or something to give him a sense of purpose? What was he like in school? A good student or one that struggled academically as well as socially?

I find it interesting that when you read articles about his family, without disclosing what those articles are, the family seem a very normal, high achieving and successful members of the community. It's quite the juxtaposition on the person who has committed this atrocity.

This is my opinion only. I think that there is a lot of undiagnosed, misdiagnosed or unmanaged mental health for a lot of these young males. There's a lot of self medicating that goes on too whether it be with alcohol, marijuana or harder drugs. What kind of life has this kid lived? Was he involved in sports or something to give him a sense of purpose? What was he like in school? A good student or one that struggled academically as well as socially?

The friend told The Times: 'I think it was more him trying to branch out and meet kids in the community … he was enjoying it but you know, with musical theatre kids … they're very extroverted.

'He wasn't, he was very quiet. He didn't really talk about himself that much.'

The friend said that while he was 'quiet' his brother, who was previously described a 'wilder and more boisterous', 'was a lot more talkative'. He father 'came across quite educated and presentable,' they added.

Rudakubana was part of a school drama group that once took part in a show at the Shaftesbury Theatre on the West End.

On another occasion, the threatre group that Rudakubana was part of, which included 'singing, dancing and musical theatre, created 'their own movie' which was reportedly shown at a Vue cinema where they

'He wasn't a normal theatre kid. He wasn't pushing for main leads and stuff like that,' the friends father added. 'When they went to London, he'd just got involved, he enjoyed it.'

It reminds me more about the Annecy knife attack, about a year ago in France.
Luckily, all survived this.

I can't remember, what sort of knife Abdalmasih H. used, when he attacked toddlers, children, etc at a playground in France.... but in this case, it has been reported that Axel Rudakubana used a curved kitchen knife during a dance event in Southport.

Southport stabbing suspect accused of using 'curved kitchen knife' in attack

"Southport stabbing suspect, 17,
is named for the first time as he appears in court charged
with murdering three little girls at Taylor Swift-themed dance class
and harming 10 others with a
'curved kitchen knife'.

1722527493225.png

In a bid to quell tensions - after more riots broke out in
London, Manchester Hartlepool, and Aldershot -
Judge Menary revealed Rudakubana's identity.

As the suspected murderer arrived at the court
he was met by dozens of people shouting,
with one man having to be held back by police officers.

He will next appear at Liverpool Crown Court on
October 25 for a plea and trial preparation hearing.

Until then he will be remanded in youth accommodation detention

A provisional trial date at Liverpool Crown Court, set to last six weeks, was scheduled for
January 20 next year."

1722528155248.png

Rudakubana seen arriving at court in a police convoy.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back