PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
All my opinion .... A little bit of food for thought

Let's change the verbage to outdoor events.

My perspective changes.

Do we really want to prevent/discourage Presidents, VPs, First Ladies both past and present from participating in outdoor events?

No more college commencement, no sports events, no throwing the first ball out before a major league game, no Olympics, no outside events in foreign countries- for sure, no more placing a wealth on the Unknown Soldiers Tomb, no more trips to the ice cream shops, outdoor restaurants, lawn and garden parties or cookouts. This is just a few events that would be prohibited.

All because we can't trust the SS to develop safe site plans, snipers, drone aerial surveillance, communication for all involved, and more. They don't seem to be able to take responsibility and as we have heard there is no accountability. The new director is hurt, the staff are sad, upset, low morale, and concerned about protecting themselves.

Since Butler I've learned and researched on federal processes extensively. SS only protects the inner perimeter, they delegate everything else to local police with no support, training or communication. Large cities are able to do a great job, It's a little small towns, with small police forces that struggle, they may not have inside venues or transportation to travel to an inside venue.

Should we only have events in cities like Chicago, Milwaukee, or New York City, because they have the resources training and staff? What about the people of rural America, the children hoping to get a lifetime chance to see a current a former president or first lady. I'm remember the first time I saw a president, it was a feeling of aw and vast emotions, I was 12.

I say no, we can't discourage outside events because an agency with a 3 million dollar budget it's incapable of protection. Are we going to force protectees to run scared because the agency can't function as mandated by Congress.

If the Secret Service cannot protect protectees, we need to look to another agency.

Should we consider the military, they have more than enough people, the best resources in the world? Possibly create a new protection division.

Just shut down the protection division of the Secret Service.
They've been plagued by one scandal after another for the last 30 years and been unable to recover.

Anyone have any thoughts...
I like your verbiage. :)
I don't really believe indoor events are that much safer than outdoor events, unless the "indoors" is an actual hardened target like a meeting area on a military base. Even there, you always have the possibility of someone like Nidal Hasan.
There have been numerous reports of the SS failing recently. But the Butler rally was such a shitshow, on so many levels, at so many intersections and for such an extended period of time that, IMHO, logic strongly suggests that something sinister is going on - knowledgable neglince at best, and very bad things beyond that. The lockdown on facts reinforces that suspicion. We really need answers on what happened here before we can even try to fix it going forward. But time marches on, which is why stonewalling is historically such an effective tactic.

How in the world are political leaders suppose to wave to the crowds while exiting/entering their aircraft?! See, it's just best they don't travel at all. Oooooh more taxpayer savings!! The benefits are growing every moment. ;)

jmo

I've already forgotten...when is the next hearing scheduled? I want to be sure to watch Rowe testify or rather test-a-lie, again.

TIA

jmo
The Senate and House spend August in their home state office. They meet with constituents, attend events and keep in touch with Interns and Aids working in their DC office.
Both houses are due to return September 9th. That's not just saying it there's an emergency, they can reconvene quickly.

I didn't check the Senate website calendar and no hearings are showing scheduled for any committee. I assume they'll schedule when they return.
Moo
Link to Congressional calendar below

About the apparent lockdown on facts and information :
The secret service and others above their paygrade are hoping we'll just forget about what happened ?Sorry ... but my memory is better than that !
Why have none of those people been called in for an interview or at least questioned by their superiors ?
No one is going to be fired or at least put on suspension while it's being investigated ?
I realize this has been asked before now.

If a former president isn't safe, than none of us are safe .
Moo.
Omo.

I like your verbiage. :)
I don't really believe indoor events are that much safer than outdoor events, unless the "indoors" is an actual hardened target like a meeting area on a military base. Even there, you always have the possibility of someone like Nidal Hasan.
There have been numerous reports of the SS failing recently. But the Butler rally was such a shitshow, on so many levels, at so many intersections and for such an extended period of time that, IMHO, logic strongly suggests that something sinister is going on - knowledgable neglince at best, and very bad things beyond that. The lockdown on facts reinforces that suspicion. We really need answers on what happened here before we can even try to fix it going forward. But time marches on, which is why stonewalling is historically such an effective tactic.
Bbm.

ITA.
They're hoping the public will forget after a lengthy amount of time passes.
Omo.

SECOND SECURITY BREACH
***WITHIN 18 DAYS***

I am thoroughly convinced this cannot be fixed.
The media has downplayed much of MSM did not cover.

Two individuals made it through the first screening point and then BREACHED the area that was suppose to be the most secure !!!! I've learned SS is 100% responsible for the inner perimeter.

Yes, they found the two individuals, the article didn't say who located them only that the Secret Service spoke with them and no charges were files. So they don't hold employees accountable and now they're not holding the general public accountable.

They could have of easily planted a couple of bombs in the inner perimeter.

What in the world is going on!!

Wonder who discovered the breach?
*A private citizen
*Local law enforcement
*Tennessee State Police
*Secret Service

Does the new director...
Not care, he stated plans would be reviewed by multiple supervisors?
Are the supervisors going to be reprimanded for another breach?

Is the SS short staffed due to sadness, hurt feelings, afraid to act and perform job functions?

I think this 100% validates everything The whistleblower sniper wrote in the letter!!!!

I'm waiting for a statement from Rowe.... Silence
Moo ....

The Secret Service said in a statement to The Post Monday night the two were “credentialed and screened,” but were removed from the premises because they didn’t follow proper entry protocol.
....After the two people were tracked down, they were ejected from the event and questioned, sources said. Neither person has been criminally charged.

The two did get stopped at an initial checkpoint before they bypassed the second screening, sources said.

Last edited:
Rowe may have been brought in to do some major damage control ?
Imo.
Omo.
Well they got the wrong guy.

Rowe's is a social worker in my book, not a leader. Leaders don't wallow in self-pity and blame others. He's hurt, this people are hurt, it's not their fault. He needs to be removed immediately.

Leaders stand up, pull the team together and move forward. He's a former marine, makes me a shame. Think Patton, his troops followed him straight into war. He didn't back down, he had a job to do and he did it exemplary.

Moo...

The Senate and House spend August in their home state office. They meet with constituents, attend events and keep in touch with Interns and Aids working in their DC office.
Both houses are due to return September 9th. That's not just saying it there's an emergency, they can reconvene quickly.

I didn't check the Senate website calendar and no hearings are showing scheduled for any committee. I assume they'll schedule when they return.
Moo
Link to Congressional calendar below

Thank you for the info. IIRC Rowe committed to having the "involved" SS agents available to committee members within days, and I assume any info gleaned will be included in the open record... am I correct? And, if you know, is this record viewable only to committee members or can it be accessed by the public & news reporters and if so, when? (Only after Aug 14 or ?) TIA!

PS: I don't know how I forgot Rowe lying prone on that roof... thank goodness I'm not a SS agent ;)

All my opinion .... A little bit of food for thought

I say no, we can't discourage outside events because an agency with a 3 million dollar budget it's incapable of protection. Are we going to force protectees to run scared because the agency can't function as mandated by Congress.

If the Secret Service cannot protect protectees, we need to look to another agency.
snipped for focus, BBM

Well said but -

It's $3 BILLION - not 3 million.

which just emphasizes your point.

How in the world are political leaders suppose to wave to the crowds while exiting/entering their aircraft?! See, it's just best they don't travel at all. Oooooh more taxpayer savings!! The benefits are growing every moment. ;)

jmo
Maybe the election process in the US needs to be changed. To put all candidates on a level playing field. Maybe a potential candidate shouldn't be allowed to campaign from the day they were inaugurated. That puts a tremendous strain on all aspects of the government; from providing security for the candidate to vetting the locations, using local LE personnel who provide additional security.

According to this article, wealthy candidates can always provide their own security and pay for it out of their own pocket or use campaign funds for security details. Even regular-Joe congressmen and women have to make a personal decision on how to protect themselves from wingnuts yet without being provided regular security. The number of threats that SS deal with every year aren't limited to presidential candidates - they run from Supreme Court judges, congressmen and women, senators and private citizens like Paul Pelosi (although Nancy's personal detail followed her and no one was protecting her husband). So there's another lapse in security. Trump is the first former president to actually run again so he presented a much different circumstance than let's say, Jimmy Carter or George W H Bush. I believe that difference is why there was a lapse in security. I doubt it will happen again.

In Canada where I live there is a limit to when a candidate can start campaigning. Once the election is called usually between 37 to 51 days the candidates can start campaigning. Some drop out because they don't have the funding (usually the fringe type candidates). Here's a chart that shows the differences in voting.

I'll
Thank you for the info. IIRC Rowe committed to having the "involved" SS agents available to committee members within days, and I assume any info gleaned will be included in the open record... am I correct? And, if you know, is this record viewable only to committee members or can it be accessed by the public & news reporters and if so, when? (Only after Aug 14 or ?) TIA!

PS: I don't know how I forgot Rowe lying prone on that roof... thank goodness I'm not a SS agent ;)
I'm not sure if this combined committee will release information like Chairman Grassley. I did check his website today no additional updates.

If the interviews are scheduled this week, I am confident that the senators or some of them will stay to conduct the interviews.

I've had the honor of attending several Congressional Hearings during my working career. We take a high school field trip every year to DC. If Congress is not in session, we arrange to attend a congressional hearing. Any congressional representative can help arrange a visit to Congress or a congressional committee. If you're ever in the DC area it is an awesome, one of a kind experience.

Moo...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back