UK- Major incident declared in Southport after multiple stabbings, 29 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yoga teacher critically injured in Southport attack readmitted to hospital struggling to breathe

A heroic yoga teacher critically injured after shielding children in the Southport stabbings after has been readmitted to hospital.

Leanne Lucas, 35, was one of the organisers of the Taylor Swift-themed dance class at The Hart Space, where a man entered and began attacking people with a knife.

Last edited:
Yoga teacher critically injured in Southport attack readmitted to hospital struggling to breathe

A heroic yoga teacher critically injured after shielding children in the Southport stabbings after has been readmitted to hospital.

Leanne Lucas, 35, was one of the organisers of the Taylor Swift-themed dance class at The Hart Space, where a man entered and began attacking people with a knife.

As someone who has had a collapsed lung, that is extremely painful and receiving a tube was very traumatic. I had PTSD from the experience for almost a year…. I can’t imagine being in her situation dealing with the tragedy leading up to what happened to her. My thoughts and prayers for her. My heart breaks knowing she will never be the same

As someone who has had a collapsed lung, that is extremely painful and receiving a tube was very traumatic. I had PTSD from the experience for almost a year…. I can’t imagine being in her situation dealing with the tragedy leading up to what happened to her. My thoughts and prayers for her. My heart breaks knowing she will never be the same
I’m sorry you went through something traumatic, @Rosydecember. Thank you for sharing your perspective. I hope you are healing.

The victims, families and responders will carry the aftermath with them always. I wish I could do more than send my thoughts and prayers.

JMO IMO ETC

That is just so touching. Taylor's response was so heartfelt and genuine it's no surprise she arranged a visit. I hope these little girls got some comfort from it and it can help with their healing.

That is just so touching. Taylor's response was so heartfelt and genuine it's no surprise she arranged a visit. I hope these little girls got some comfort from it and it can help with their healing.
she does seem very kind hearted especially as she must have been dealing with her own distress connected with these violent murders. It must have also been distressing and emotional meeting with these little girls and their families, not to mention she is on an extremely busy and exhausting schedule with her tour including 8 nights at Wembley. I take my hat off to her and thank her.

The King will today visit Southport to express his concern for those affected by the horrific killing last month ...

He will also meet privately with those who have direct experience of the terrible events of July 29, including some of the surviving children who were present at the Taylor Swift-themed dance and bracelet making summer holiday camp at the Hart Space Community Centre, along with their families.

It is believed he will also meet with the families of the victims of the knife attack, Bebe King, six, Elsie Dot Stancombe, seven, and nine-year-old Alice da Silva Aguiar in London tomorrow.

His Majesty has already expressed his shock and sympathy at the events, and has been keen to make a personal visit for some time.

But he wanted to wait until those affected were ready for a royal visit and there was less strain on emergency services in the region.

The King will today visit Southport to express his concern for those affected by the horrific killing last month ...

He will also meet privately with those who have direct experience of the terrible events of July 29, including some of the surviving children who were present at the Taylor Swift-themed dance and bracelet making summer holiday camp at the Hart Space Community Centre, along with their families.

It is believed he will also meet with the families of the victims of the knife attack, Bebe King, six, Elsie Dot Stancombe, seven, and nine-year-old Alice da Silva Aguiar in London tomorrow.

His Majesty has already expressed his shock and sympathy at the events, and has been keen to make a personal visit for some time.

But he wanted to wait until those affected were ready for a royal visit and there was less strain on emergency services in the region.

It really is lovely to see the support the victims are getting.

The King received a warm welcome in Southport as he arrived to meet survivors of the attack in which three young girls were killed.

The monarch was greeted with cheers and applause as he briefly viewed floral tributes before holding a private meeting with the children, their families and others who were at the Taylor Swift-themed dance workshop on July 29 when three were fatally stabbed and ten others seriously injured.

Bebe King, six, Elsie Dot Stancombe, seven, and Alice Dasilva Aguiar, nine, lost their lives at the dance class at the Hart Space Community Centre.

On Wednesday, the King will meet the bereaved families in London.

On arrival at Southport town hall, Charles was greeted by Dr Ruth Hussey, the vice lord lieutenant of Merseyside, and counsellor June Burns, the mayor of Sefton.

He then viewed a large makeshift memorial dedicated to the victims, gesturing in appreciation at the scale of it. One member of the public gave him three cheers and another shouted 'thank you for coming' as he greeted the crowds.

The King affectionately patted one young girl on the shoulder as he shook hands with many of the hundreds gathered to see him.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmb123
Back