UK - Major incident, gunshots heard, Plymouth, 12 August 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think we need to separate the autism and MH issues from the incel “politics”.

Incels are pathetic misogynists who blame everyone else for their inability to find a girlfriend (which seems to be their main issue) rather than looking at their own personalities as the reason. They work each other into a frenzy on internet groups, fuelled by self-pity and entitlement. They feel justified in these killing sprees and celebrate the perpetrators as martyrs to the cause.

The vast, vast majority of people with autism and mental illnesses would never in a million years think this was even remotely acceptable.

I have to say I agree with this.

The description of Lee and Sophie being shot is harrowing. She wasn't caught in the crossfire, he very deliberately wanted to make sure they were dead.

Instinct took over and the dad tried to protect his little girl...absolute evil to then shoot her at close range. The poor little mite must have been terrified.

Jake Davison was a 'ticking timebomb' who became addicted to bodybuilding steroids and once attacked a pregnant woman, it was claimed yesterday.

The 22-year-old virgin, a self-confessed 'involuntary celibate', had an obsession with guns and violent computer games from the age of five, according to reports.

In 2016, he was let go by police despite hitting Scott Hobbs 15 times and punching his girlfriend Sherrie – sending her falling on to her stomach and fearing she could lose her unborn baby.

Incel gunman 'was a ticking timebomb hooked on steroids' | Daily Mail Online

Plymouth gunman Jake Davison who shot dead five people including his mother and a three-year-old girl was being given help for his mental health problems it was revealed today.

Friends of the killer have previously claimed his mother Maxine had reached out to get help for her son, who suffered from autism and ADHD and was displaying increasingly erratic behaviour, but was turned down by local mental health teams because they were understaffed.
However Livewell Southwest, which provides health and social care for people in Plymouth, said today that help had been given to Davison over the last 18-months but declined to give any more details due to the police investigation.

Plymouth incel killer Jake Davison DID receive mental health support during lockdown | Daily Mail Online

Jake Davison was a 'ticking timebomb' who became addicted to bodybuilding steroids and once attacked a pregnant woman, it was claimed yesterday.

The 22-year-old virgin, a self-confessed 'involuntary celibate', had an obsession with guns and violent computer games from the age of five, according to reports.

In 2016, he was let go by police despite hitting Scott Hobbs 15 times and punching his girlfriend Sherrie – sending her falling on to her stomach and fearing she could lose her unborn baby.

And the police have him his gun license back!

The inquests into the deaths of five people killed in Plymouth in a mass shooting will be formally opened later.

Maxine Davison, 51, Stephen Washington, 59, and Kate Shepherd, 66, were killed in the attack in Keyham last Thursday, along with father and daughter Lee Martyn, 43, and Sophie Martyn, three.

Coroner Ian Arrow will open their inquests on Thursday morning.

In a separate hearing in the afternoon, Mr Arrow will formally open the inquest into the death of gunman Jake Davison.

Plymouth shooting: Inquests to open into deaths of victims

Punching strangers repeatedly in the face, including a pregnant woman, was "nothing to worry about"?
If that is no big deal, is it any wonder he escalated until it was a big deal?

"Nineteen-stone Davison was not arrested and received a warning over the assault on the strangers outside a Tesco in Plymouth.
Mr Hobbs, 25, told The Sunday Mirror: 'The police didn't seem to take it very seriously. They said he was 'nothing to worry about'."

Last edited:
Police took three months to seize Plymouth incel Jake Davison's gun and licence off him | Daily Mail Online

Police took three months to seize Plymouth incel Jake Davison's gun and licence off him despite him attacking two teenagers in a park, it emerged today.

An inquest into the deaths of his victims was told how police gave his weapon and certificate back to him just weeks before his rampage, because he completed a taxpayer-funded course designed to reduce reoffending.

The police watchdog revealed today how the 22-year-old's shotgun and licence were only seized in December last year when concerns were raised directly with Devon and Cornwall Police.

Davison had been taking part in a voluntary intervention programme - an alternative to being charged or cautioned - after admitting assaulting two youths in a park in Plymouth last September.

The Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) said Devon and Cornwall Police had offered the apprentice crane operator a place on its Pathfinder scheme.

But at the end of November last year, a scheme worker raised concerns with the force's firearms licensing department about Davison's possession of a shotgun, and the weapon and certificate were seized by police on December 7.

After completing the Pathfinder scheme in March 2021 and a subsequent review by the firearms licensing department, the shotgun and certificate were returned to Davison on July 9.

If this article I posted is true, then, Im afraid, the boy was neglected from early age. How is it possible that a child had access to violent games and online *advertiser censored*??? Look at the photo of him on the bike. He was more than overweight! Kids at schools in my country have 4 PE lessons a week to fight obesity. They also play sports in after school clubs. Education about healthy food is obligatory. Im afraid he was just left alone in his room playing without being monitored. Maybe Im wrong - but if not, well, the effects of his neglect cost lives of innocent people.

Last edited:
The father of a man who shot dead five people has said he is "sorry" and "ashamed" of his son's actions.

Jake Davison, 22, killed his mother at her home and then four other people, including a three-year-old girl, outside in Keyham, Plymouth, in August.

His father, Mark Davison, said he told police in 2017 he did not think his son should be allowed a shotgun.

Mr Davison, who was divorced from his son's mother, Maxine Davison, said he had seen his son when he could.

He said his Christian faith had helped him turn his own life around after spending time in prison.

"I don't know what was going on with him," he added. "If I could say sorry any better than I can, if I could change it I really would. I am sorry and I am ashamed."

Plymouth shootings: Killer's dad says he's sorry and ashamed

Plymouth mass shooter Jake Davison had been reported to the Government's counter-terrorism Prevent programme by his own mother months before he applied for a shotgun licence, an inquest heard.

The 22-year-old spree killer's mother, Maxine, 51, had contacted the multi-agency scheme, which aims to stop people becoming terrorists, in November 2016 with concerns about her son.

Details of the referral were not disclosed during a pre-inquest hearing at Plymouth Coroner's Court but will be a key area of examination in the inquest which will begin in January next year.

As part of the investigation, two members of staff in the firearms licensing department involved in the granting of the shotgun certificate have been served with gross misconduct notices, while an officer has been served with a misconduct notice.

(it’s long & paywall so I can’t post much)
Plymouth shooter Jake Davison was referred to Prevent programme 'by his own mother'

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jdogcatfish
Back