UK - Major incident, gunshots heard, Plymouth, 12 August 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
And then add social media into that and it's a dangerous mix.

Good to know incels get their accounts removed from YouTube and FB for "violating its offline behaviour policy" after they commit mass murder.

Police watchdog launches investigation into Plymouth gunman’s possession of gun | ITV News
His social media suggests he had an interest in guns, America, and “incel” culture - short for “involuntary celibate”.
The "incel" culture has amassed a following online among some men who feel they are unattractive to women and unable to get a girlfriend.
YouTube has since confirmed an account belonging to Davison has been terminated from the platform, for violating its offline behaviour policy.
Facebook also confirmed that accounts belonging to the Plymouth gunman have been removed.

ETA, they do a really poor job explaining "incel culture" in this article.

That made me curious so I checked for Germany:

Themenseite: Schusswaffen
955,767 people own 5,400,329 firearms

More than I thought...

Other than that I'm so sick of men killing people because they are furious about not having a girlfriend. Incels, redpill, blackpill, all these concepts are so dangerous.
Don't even think about the US..
This is from 2018, there's more now.
ETA: there are no referees.

The Small Arms Survey stated that U.S. civilians alone account for 393 million (about 46 percent) of the worldwide total of civilian held firearms.
This amounts to "120.5 firearms for every 100 residents."

Gun ownership - Wikipedia

Diagnosed with autism as a child, Davison was sent to Mount Tamar special school in Plymouth, where he was said to have been a 'disruptive' influence on his peers.

Obsessions of a maniac who called himself the Terminator | Daily Mail Online

Shortly before the attacks, Davison called for a 'Government-funded incel social programme or rehab centre' to get them to do group activities 'to build confidence and self-esteem and getting them out of their depressed mindset'.

Among his ideas were group therapy, activities such as rock climbing and 'taking away computers, phones, internet to detox from social media and the internet'.

But trapped in his bedroom during lockdown, Davison's despair only grew.

Superficially, that would suggest a degree of insight. I wonder if he saw the attacks as a way of shocking the world into implementing some of these ideas.

Don't even think about the US..
This is from 2018, there's more now.
ETA: there are no referees.

The Small Arms Survey stated that U.S. civilians alone account for 393 million (about 46 percent) of the worldwide total of civilian held firearms.
This amounts to "120.5 firearms for every 100 residents."

Gun ownership - Wikipedia

Wtaf that's staggering

I agree too. If incel forums and reddit were his only connection to engaging with others and that was then taken away from him that may well have been the straw that broke the camel's back and 100% the trigger for all this.

I'm struggling with how I feel about it all. Yesterday was the first time I'd ever even heard of 'incels' and after reading up on it I became incensed to learn that 5 people lost their lives (including an innocent child) all because someone couldn't get a girlfriend, the self pity was irritating me...but today after reading some of his online comments about himself I feel sad that he felt so low and down about himself and no one was helping him..not that it's an excuse for what he did but it sounds like he very isolated, lonely and depressed.

How on earth he ever got hold of a gun & licence with his quite clear mental health issues I'll never know. It's a desperately sad situation all round.

His former teacher Jonathan Williams wrote that classmates had warmed to ‘his exceptional sense of humour, compassion, readiness to accept the rules and to help others’, and that he had ‘learned to ‘develop strong friendships’.

Mr Williams, who taught autistic Davison for three years at Mount Tamar special school, wrote in 2013 that Jake had been ‘the success story of this year’.

He wrote: ‘At the beginning of the year, much of Jake’s attitude and behaviour were typical of children with his condition.

‘Something seems to have had a terrific effect on Jake, as over the year he has made exceptional progress, both on modifying his behaviour and putting in a much harder effort with his work.

‘His grades have increased considerably in literacy and other subjects.

‘The real change, however, has occurred in Jake’s social skills, where he has learned to develop strong friendships.

‘It is particularly pleasing to see Jake involve himself in Army Cadets, and the support he has received at home should ensure that this becomes a rewarding and valuable part of his training.

‘I’m really pleased with Jake this year, and look to him to set the example to other students next year.’

Last night, Mr Williams said: ‘I really thought Jake had a bright future ahead of him. I just can’t believe that the kind young man with such a bright future turned out like this. It’s an utter tragedy.’

Plymouth killer's school teacher in disbelief as questions mount over why he was handed back shotgun | Daily Mail Online

His former teacher Jonathan Williams wrote that classmates had warmed to ‘his exceptional sense of humour, compassion, readiness to accept the rules and to help others’, and that he had ‘learned to ‘develop strong friendships’.

Mr Williams, who taught autistic Davison for three years at Mount Tamar special school, wrote in 2013 that Jake had been ‘the success story of this year’.

He wrote: ‘At the beginning of the year, much of Jake’s attitude and behaviour were typical of children with his condition.

‘Something seems to have had a terrific effect on Jake, as over the year he has made exceptional progress, both on modifying his behaviour and putting in a much harder effort with his work.

‘His grades have increased considerably in literacy and other subjects.

‘The real change, however, has occurred in Jake’s social skills, where he has learned to develop strong friendships.

‘It is particularly pleasing to see Jake involve himself in Army Cadets, and the support he has received at home should ensure that this becomes a rewarding and valuable part of his training.

‘I’m really pleased with Jake this year, and look to him to set the example to other students next year.’

Last night, Mr Williams said: ‘I really thought Jake had a bright future ahead of him. I just can’t believe that the kind young man with such a bright future turned out like this. It’s an utter tragedy.’

Plymouth killer's school teacher in disbelief as questions mount over why he was handed back shotgun | Daily Mail Online
Then he graduated, became an adult, without resources and people focusing on his progress and well being.
Mr Williams praises the "support he got at home", but when he became an adult his mother was on her own.

Then he graduated, became an adult, without resources and people focusing on his progress and well being.
Mr Williams praises the "support he got at home", but when he became an adult his mother was on her own.

As a mother of an autistic child, I'm very aware of the common complaint amongst mothers of autistic adult children that once the children turns 16 they are spat out of the system with little to no support. Obviously this doesn't excuse what he did, but you're right that it provides some insight into why his mother may have struggled getting him the support he very clearly needed.

Superficially, that would suggest a degree of insight. I wonder if he saw the attacks as a way of shocking the world into implementing some of these ideas.
I agree too. If incel forums and reddit were his only connection to engaging with others and that was then taken away from him that may well have been the straw that broke the camel's back and 100% the trigger for all this.

I'm struggling with how I feel about it all. Yesterday was the first time I'd ever even heard of 'incels' and after reading up on it I became incensed to learn that 5 people lost their lives (including an innocent child) all because someone couldn't get a girlfriend, the self pity was irritating me...but today after reading some of his online comments about himself I feel sad that he felt so low and down about himself and no one was helping him..not that it's an excuse for what he did but it sounds like he very isolated, lonely and depressed.

How on earth he ever got hold of a gun & licence with his quite clear mental health issues I'll never know. It's a desperately sad situation all round.
Killing is part of the ideology, they openly encourage each other online to kill as many "normies" as possible, they idolize mass killers.
Supposedly, LE should have checked his social media before he was certified to own a gun, this isn't rocket science knowing what incels are about.
Despite all the mass killing, I think Canada is the only country that has convicted them under terrorism law.

Incel - Wikipedia
On August 4, 2009, George Sodini opened fire at an LA Fitness health club in Collier Township, a suburb of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Three women were murdered and nine other people were injured before Sodini killed himself. He purportedly expressed sexual frustration and complained of constant rejections by women on a website registered in his name

Elliot Rodger killed six people and injured fourteen others before killing himself in Isla Vista, California on May 23, 2014, near the campus of University of California, Santa Barbara. These killings drew media attention to the concept of involuntary celibacy, and particularly the misogyny and glorification of violence that are a mainstay of many incel communities. Rodger self-identified as an incel and left behind a 137-page manifesto and YouTube videos in which he detailed his involuntary celibacy and discussed how he wanted revenge for being rejected by women

Chris Harper-Mercer killed nine people and injured eight others before killing himself in a shooting at the Umpqua Community College campus on October 1, 2015, in Roseburg, Oregon. He left a manifesto at the scene, outlining his interest in other mass murders including the Isla Vista killings, his anger at not having a girlfriend, and his animus towards the world. In his journal writings, he had related with Elliot Rodger and other mass shooters, describing them as "people who stand with the gods"

William Atchison killed two people before killing himself on December 7, 2017, in Aztec, New Mexico, in a shooting at Aztec High School, where he had previously been a student. He had used the pseudonym "Elliot Rodger" on several online forums, and praised "the supreme gentleman" (a term Rodger had used to describe himself, which has since become a common reference among incel communities). Atchison had also posted far-right content online

Nikolas Cruz was accused of killing seventeen people and injuring seventeen others on February 14, 2018, in a shooting at Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida. Allegedly also motivated by other extremist views, Cruz had previously posted online that "Elliot Rodger will not be forgotten".

After an April 23, 2018 vehicle-ramming attack in Toronto, Ontario, Alek Minassian was convicted of 10 counts of first-degree murder and 16 counts of attempted murder. Shortly before the attack, Minassian had allegedly posted on Facebook that "the Incel Rebellion has already begun" and applauded Rodger.

On November 2, 2018, Scott Beierle killed two women and injured four women and a man before killing himself in a shooting at the Hot Yoga Tallahassee studio in Tallahassee, Florida. He had been a follower of incel ideologies for a long time, and also had a history of arrests for grabbing women's buttocks. In 2014 he posted several YouTube videos of himself espousing extreme hatred for women and expressing anger over not having a girlfriend, mentioning Elliot Rodger in one video

Bryan Isaack Clyde began what was intended to be a mass shooting at the Earle Cabell Federal Building and Courthouse in Dallas, Texas on June 17, 2019, but was shot and fatally wounded by officers from the Federal Protective Service before he injured anyone. Clyde had shared incel memes on social media, along with other posts referencing right-wing beliefs and conspiracy theories.
Following the incident, the Joint Base Andrews military base briefed its personnel on incels, with a spokesman describing them as "a very real threat to military members and civilians".

Incels have also praised attackers with unclear motives who they believe to be incels. After the 2017 Las Vegas shooting, some of the incel community celebrated the shooter Stephen Paddock, who they felt was a hero who was targeting "normies". After the 2018 Toronto shooting, posters on an incel message board expressed excitement with the possibility that the perpetrator might be an incel, although no motive was identified

Tobias Rathjen committed two mass shootings in Hanau, Germany on February 19, 2020, killing ten people and himself, and leaving behind a manifesto described by Insider as "delusional". Some media sources described Rathjen as an incel, though fellows at the International Centre for Counter-Terrorism wrote that while the manifesto was "riddled with misogynistic remarks", some of which were similar to common incel topics, "the manifesto does not demonstrate a clear connection to the incel identity, either in terms of evidence that the shooter frequented incel forums or shared basic incel ideology".

On February 24, 2020, a female spa worker was stabbed to death in an attack that also severely injured her female coworker at an erotic massage parlor in Toronto. On May 19, the Toronto Police Service declared the attack was being treated as a terrorist incident after evidence pointed to the stabbings being motivated by incel ideology, and police laid charges against a 17-year-old male alleged to have committed the stabbings. This was the first time violence thought to be motivated by incel ideologies was prosecuted as an act of terrorism, and is also believed to be the first act of violence not perpetrated by an Islamist extremist to be prosecuted as terrorism in Canada.

Armando Hernandez Jr. allegedly opened fire on May 20, 2020, at Westgate Entertainment District, a mixed-use development in Glendale, Arizona, before being arrested by police. A 19-year-old man was critically injured, while a 30-year-old woman and a 16-year-old girl suffered minor injuries. According to the Maricopa County prosecutor, Hernandez identified himself as an incel and claimed he wanted to target couples and shoot at least ten people.

Between January and the end of July 2020, five self-identified incels were arrested in separate incidents in North America for planning to kill women. Among them was Cole Carini, a man who was charged with making false statements to law enforcement in June 2020 after claiming serious injuries to his hands had been caused by a lawnmower accident. Police alleged that Carini was actually injured while trying to make a bomb, and that he had written a note threatening violence against women and referencing Elliot Rodger.

In April 2021, a 19-year-old self-described incel was arrested on federal charges after allegedly videotaping himself approaching women sitting outside a restaurant in Manhattan, New York and telling them he was going to detonate a bomb. The man had previously been arrested several times for harassing others, often while recording or livestreaming, and for multiple assaults with pepper spray.

In July 2021, a 21-year-old self-identified incel from Ohio was charged with attempting a hate crime and illegally possessing a machine gun. The man was a frequent poster on a popular incel website, where he wrote posts venerating Elliot Rodger. He wrote a manifesto in which he expressed his desire to "slaughter" women, and in another document he allegedly wrote about his goals to kill 3,000 people in a mass casualty attack.

22-year-old Jake Davison killed five people and then himself in a mass shooting on August 12, 2021, in Plymouth, England. He had posted videos online in which he expressed misogynist and homophobic views, expressed hostility towards his mother and others, and likened himself to incels. He had also used incel forums on Reddit to express hateful views.

Last edited:
Killing is part of the ideology, they openly encourage each other online to kill as many "normies" as possible, they idolize mass killers.
Supposedly, LE should have checked his social media before he was certified to own a gun, this isn't rocket science knowing what incels are about.
Despite all the mass killing, I think Canada is the only country that has convicted them under terrorism law.

Incel - Wikipedia
On August 4, 2009, George Sodini opened fire at an LA Fitness health club in Collier Township, a suburb of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Three women were murdered and nine other people were injured before Sodini killed himself. He purportedly expressed sexual frustration and complained of constant rejections by women on a website registered in his name

Elliot Rodger killed six people and injured fourteen others before killing himself in Isla Vista, California on May 23, 2014, near the campus of University of California, Santa Barbara. These killings drew media attention to the concept of involuntary celibacy, and particularly the misogyny and glorification of violence that are a mainstay of many incel communities. Rodger self-identified as an incel and left behind a 137-page manifesto and YouTube videos in which he detailed his involuntary celibacy and discussed how he wanted revenge for being rejected by women

Chris Harper-Mercer killed nine people and injured eight others before killing himself in a shooting at the Umpqua Community College campus on October 1, 2015, in Roseburg, Oregon. He left a manifesto at the scene, outlining his interest in other mass murders including the Isla Vista killings, his anger at not having a girlfriend, and his animus towards the world. In his journal writings, he had related with Elliot Rodger and other mass shooters, describing them as "people who stand with the gods"

William Atchison killed two people before killing himself on December 7, 2017, in Aztec, New Mexico, in a shooting at Aztec High School, where he had previously been a student. He had used the pseudonym "Elliot Rodger" on several online forums, and praised "the supreme gentleman" (a term Rodger had used to describe himself, which has since become a common reference among incel communities). Atchison had also posted far-right content online

Nikolas Cruz was accused of killing seventeen people and injuring seventeen others on February 14, 2018, in a shooting at Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida. Allegedly also motivated by other extremist views, Cruz had previously posted online that "Elliot Rodger will not be forgotten".

After an April 23, 2018 vehicle-ramming attack in Toronto, Ontario, Alek Minassian was convicted of 10 counts of first-degree murder and 16 counts of attempted murder. Shortly before the attack, Minassian had allegedly posted on Facebook that "the Incel Rebellion has already begun" and applauded Rodger.

On November 2, 2018, Scott Beierle killed two women and injured four women and a man before killing himself in a shooting at the Hot Yoga Tallahassee studio in Tallahassee, Florida. He had been a follower of incel ideologies for a long time, and also had a history of arrests for grabbing women's buttocks. In 2014 he posted several YouTube videos of himself espousing extreme hatred for women and expressing anger over not having a girlfriend, mentioning Elliot Rodger in one video

Bryan Isaack Clyde began what was intended to be a mass shooting at the Earle Cabell Federal Building and Courthouse in Dallas, Texas on June 17, 2019, but was shot and fatally wounded by officers from the Federal Protective Service before he injured anyone. Clyde had shared incel memes on social media, along with other posts referencing right-wing beliefs and conspiracy theories.
Following the incident, the Joint Base Andrews military base briefed its personnel on incels, with a spokesman describing them as "a very real threat to military members and civilians".

Incels have also praised attackers with unclear motives who they believe to be incels. After the 2017 Las Vegas shooting, some of the incel community celebrated the shooter Stephen Paddock, who they felt was a hero who was targeting "normies". After the 2018 Toronto shooting, posters on an incel message board expressed excitement with the possibility that the perpetrator might be an incel, although no motive was identified

Tobias Rathjen committed two mass shootings in Hanau, Germany on February 19, 2020, killing ten people and himself, and leaving behind a manifesto described by Insider as "delusional". Some media sources described Rathjen as an incel, though fellows at the International Centre for Counter-Terrorism wrote that while the manifesto was "riddled with misogynistic remarks", some of which were similar to common incel topics, "the manifesto does not demonstrate a clear connection to the incel identity, either in terms of evidence that the shooter frequented incel forums or shared basic incel ideology".

On February 24, 2020, a female spa worker was stabbed to death in an attack that also severely injured her female coworker at an erotic massage parlor in Toronto. On May 19, the Toronto Police Service declared the attack was being treated as a terrorist incident after evidence pointed to the stabbings being motivated by incel ideology, and police laid charges against a 17-year-old male alleged to have committed the stabbings. This was the first time violence thought to be motivated by incel ideologies was prosecuted as an act of terrorism, and is also believed to be the first act of violence not perpetrated by an Islamist extremist to be prosecuted as terrorism in Canada.

Armando Hernandez Jr. allegedly opened fire on May 20, 2020, at Westgate Entertainment District, a mixed-use development in Glendale, Arizona, before being arrested by police. A 19-year-old man was critically injured, while a 30-year-old woman and a 16-year-old girl suffered minor injuries. According to the Maricopa County prosecutor, Hernandez identified himself as an incel and claimed he wanted to target couples and shoot at least ten people.

Between January and the end of July 2020, five self-identified incels were arrested in separate incidents in North America for planning to kill women. Among them was Cole Carini, a man who was charged with making false statements to law enforcement in June 2020 after claiming serious injuries to his hands had been caused by a lawnmower accident. Police alleged that Carini was actually injured while trying to make a bomb, and that he had written a note threatening violence against women and referencing Elliot Rodger.

In April 2021, a 19-year-old self-described incel was arrested on federal charges after allegedly videotaping himself approaching women sitting outside a restaurant in Manhattan, New York and telling them he was going to detonate a bomb. The man had previously been arrested several times for harassing others, often while recording or livestreaming, and for multiple assaults with pepper spray.

In July 2021, a 21-year-old self-identified incel from Ohio was charged with attempting a hate crime and illegally possessing a machine gun. The man was a frequent poster on a popular incel website, where he wrote posts venerating Elliot Rodger. He wrote a manifesto in which he expressed his desire to "slaughter" women, and in another document he allegedly wrote about his goals to kill 3,000 people in a mass casualty attack.

22-year-old Jake Davison killed five people and then himself in a mass shooting on August 12, 2021, in Plymouth, England. He had posted videos online in which he expressed misogynist and homophobic views, expressed hostility towards his mother and others, and likened himself to incels. He had also used incel forums on Reddit to express hateful views.

Thank you for the detailed info Everybodhi.
Until this utterly tragic crime, I had absolutely no idea about incels.
It's very scary that this hate is being spread online so openly.

I think we need to separate the autism and MH issues from the incel “politics”.

Incels are pathetic misogynists who blame everyone else for their inability to find a girlfriend (which seems to be their main issue) rather than looking at their own personalities as the reason. They work each other into a frenzy on internet groups, fuelled by self-pity and entitlement. They feel justified in these killing sprees and celebrate the perpetrators as martyrs to the cause.

The vast, vast majority of people with autism and mental illnesses would never in a million years think this was even remotely acceptable.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jdogcatfish
Back