UK - Major incident, gunshots heard, Plymouth, 12 August 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Girl, 3, confirmed dead in Plymouth massacre - with other victims aged 33 to 66

"A three-year-old girl was one of five people killed in the Plymouth gun massacre, with the other victims including survivors ranging between 33 and 66.

The three-year-old girl and a related 43-year-old man were shot dead by Jake Davison during a six-minute rampage in which he also killed two women, aged 51 and 66, and a 59-year-old man

Two other people - a 33-year-old man and 53-year-old woman - survived with "significant" injuries and continue to receive treatment in hospital following the UK's first mass shooting in 11 years."

Sorry don’t buy that view above. As someone who was a teacher and fought to get students sent to those places, it’s not done so folk can enjoy snobbery and oxbridge. The level of requirement to be sent to these places is high and would involve being a severe danger. I had a student sent in year 10 (after years of trying, disruptions, three serious assaults and a sexual assault)

now the bigger question is how someone who was deemed needed this place from a very young age was able to get a gun!

Sorry don’t buy that view above. As someone who was a teacher and fought to get students sent to those places, it’s not done so folk can enjoy snobbery and oxbridge. The level of requirement to be sent to these places is high and would involve being a severe danger. I had a student sent in year 10 (after years of trying, disruptions, three serious assaults and a sexual assault)

now the bigger question is how someone who was deemed needed this place from a very young age was able to get a gun!

Also a teacher and totally agree about places at special needs schools being like gold dust.

Do not understand how he obtained a gun licence.

He probably didn’t have a gun licence

they aren’t a thing in the U.K.

Farmers, shooting as a hobby …. They do but he certainly does not seem the type.

He did have a gun licence.

Mother of 'fat, ugly, virgin' Plymouth gunman, 22,'tried to get him mental health support' | Daily Mail Online

Police reveal Plymouth incel killer's youngest victim was girl, aged just THREE, as it is claimed his mum 'tried to get him mental health support' but he was still able to KEEP gun licence before he shot five dead on rampage

Why the hell does a 23 year old living in an urban area of town need a gun licence? Why, if he was known to have mental health problems, did he keep the licence and gun?

Everything about his FB page screams red flag to me, why did nobody else notice?

He probably didn’t have a gun licence

they aren’t a thing in the U.K.

Farmers, shooting as a hobby …. They do but he certainly does not seem the type.

We do have gun licences, I've held one myself previously when I used to go shooting clays (I grew up in the countryside)

Interestingly my ex husband, who had a history of depression, domestic and substance abuse, still has his licence.

We do have gun licences, I've held one myself previously when I used to go shooting clays (I grew up in the countryside)

Interestingly my ex husband, who had a history of depression, domestic and substance abuse, still has his licence.
I'm basing my knowledge on Only Fools and Horses, but am I right in thinking you wouldn't use a pump action shotgun for clay pigeons?

I agree that the point about Oxbridge was silly and I do empathise with teachers such as yourself who have undoubtedly had to make difficult decisions in these situations, but I don't think it's entirely wrong to suggest that these places are not always going to create good outcomes for kids going into adulthood and are often used as dumping grounds for kids the system can't cope with.

The sense of being 'othered' is also likely to create issues of self esteem and identity issues going into adulthood. The system has also been hit hard by austerity, as in many areas this will have have resulted in kids not receiving the support they need.

Last edited:
Facebook is down now.

So possibly a mother has lost her child and the father of that child. I saw on Twitter last night a child had been shot.

Really need to review gun licensing laws and review checks. I don't suppose the police have the time to check with holders in urban areas. Although not much better in rural areas these days.

I agree that the point about Oxbridge was silly and I do empathise with teachers such as yourself who have undoubtedly had to make difficult decisions in these situations, but I don't think it's entirely wrong to suggest that these places are not always going to create good outcomes for kids going into adulthood and are often used as dumping grounds for kids the system can't cope with.

The sense of being 'othered' is also likely to create issues of self esteem and identity issues going into adulthood. The system has also been hit hard by austerity, as in many areas this will have have resulted in kids not receiving the support they need.

Special needs schools are not dumping grounds,many are very over subscribed and parents are desperate for a place.

Some do use pump action for clay pigeon shooting, it’s not to most typical tho.

I'm not massively experienced, I only went clay shooting a few times in my early 20s, but everyone I knew just had a basic shotgun. My brother inherited a pump action shotgun that he's kept for sentimental reasons (weird to think of a gun being sentimental but hey-ho!) and he had to get a firearms licence for it rather than a basic shotgun licence. I have no idea what type it is though - it's never been taken out of the gun safe as he'd have no reason to use it.

https://firearmsuk.org/what-to-shoot/shotguns/

From the DM link:
Davison also described his fascination with previous atrocities including the Hungerford massacre in 1987 - one of the worst UK gun attacks in history - where an unemployed former labourer shot dead 16 people with semi-automatic rifles and a handgun.

That's exactly what this has reminded me of. Michael Ryan shot his own mother dead, but his other victims were random strangers.

The mother of the Plymouth gunman, Maxine Davison, and three-year-old Sophie Martyn have been named among the five victims of his shooting spree.

Ms Davison, 51, was shot and killed by her 22-year-old son Jake Davison at her home on Biddick Drive, Plymouth, on Thursday evening.

Davison went on to kill three-year-old Sophie, her father Lee Martyn, Stephen Washington and Kate Shepherd.

Plymouth shooting: Maxine Davison, killer's mother, was first victim

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1