GUILTY UK - man and woman murdered whilst children in house, Somerset, 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Pictured: Ex-soldier arrested for murdering married couple next door amid bitter parking row | Daily Mail Online

This is the former commando Royal Engineer and father of two who has been arrested on suspicion of murdering a couple who were killed while their children slept upstairs.

Collin Reeves, 34, lived in a three-bedroom property on a new-build estate in the Somerset village of Norton Fitzwarren, near Taunton, next door to IT teacher Stephen Chapple, 36, and his garden centre worker wife Jenny, 33.

The couple were found with serious injuries at the £250,000 property on Sunday night and died at the scene. Ex soldier Reeves lived with his wife, Kayley Louise and their two children and are believed to have moved into the property around three years ago.

The former soldier was arrested on suspicion of murder and is still in custody. A 67-year-old man was also arrested but was later released under investigation.

It comes as black and white doorbell footage emerged revealing the moment the warring neighbours clashed by the Chapples' front door and Jenny was called a 'cheeky little *advertiser censored*'.

Neighbours of the couple told MailOnline that they had been involved in a long running dispute over parking, which saw them leaving their cars outside each other’s drives, causing them to be blocked in.

Residents on the private estate, which was built seven years ago, said disputes over parking are common because of narrow roads and the lack of parking space.

This is just a Foxy view of the situation. Looking at the "Private Estate" of Dragon Rise on Google Maps, it's no wonder residents were super-stressed. Everybody is crammed in so tight, next to no gardens, not enough parking. I bet there are are a load of "Domestics" called out for the cops as well. Horrible. IMO of course.
At a similar location near Fox's Den, the residents got in a ruck about the wheelie-bins.

I cannot excuse the murderers, and I weep for the babies, but I can see how it could happen, and now the perps will have even less room in prison, although they won't have to worry about parking...

Absolutely horrible, those poor children. :(

Parking spaces and wheelie bins seems to be a hot issue with some people. The accused's actions can't just be about the parking space, imo.

I had a neighbour years ago who had anger issues, he was in the street one morning ringing his hands and moaning, 'these people are ruining the street!', just because a neighbour's friend had parked her car and it was a little crowded, it was the first time I'd ever seen the car.

He swore at a 3 yr old playing in her backyard 3 doors down, to '*advertiser censored***** shut up!' Their dog too got the same treatment, and the cats would get a kicking if they came in his yard.

But get this! He parked his 4wd and trailer in front of everyone's house while his 2 car carport had only one car, his wife's. He had a beautiful cat but it roamed into all our yards! If it's the same case here, maybe, it was a perfect storm situation, and this couple took him on.

No one in our street took our entitled, rage filled neighbour on, he and his wife eventually moved.

This is just a Foxy view of the situation. Looking at the "Private Estate" of Dragon Rise on Google Maps, it's no wonder residents were super-stressed. Everybody is crammed in so tight, next to no gardens, not enough parking. I bet there are are a load of "Domestics" called out for the cops as well. Horrible. IMO of course.
At a similar location near Fox's Den, the residents got in a ruck about the wheelie-bins.

I cannot excuse the murderers, and I weep for the babies, but I can see how it could happen, and now the perps will have even less room in prison, although they won't have to worry about parking...

I completely agree with this and deplore the fact that someone made a big fat profit out of cramming 150-odd houses onto a site better suited to 80 or so. Perhaps a corporate manslaughter suit might focus minds for the future.

I think there is lots to learn from this case about the tightly coiled spring of modern life generally.

JMO

Pictured: Ex-soldier arrested for murdering married couple next door amid bitter parking row | Daily Mail Online

This is the former commando Royal Engineer and father of two who has been arrested on suspicion of murdering a couple who were killed while their children slept upstairs.

Collin Reeves, 34, lived in a three-bedroom property on a new-build estate in the Somerset village of Norton Fitzwarren, near Taunton, next door to IT teacher Stephen Chapple, 36, and his garden centre worker wife Jenny, 33.

The couple were found with serious injuries at the £250,000 property on Sunday night and died at the scene. Ex soldier Reeves lived with his wife, Kayley Louise and their two children and are believed to have moved into the property around three years ago.

The former soldier was arrested on suspicion of murder and is still in custody. A 67-year-old man was also arrested but was later released under investigation.

It comes as black and white doorbell footage emerged revealing the moment the warring neighbours clashed by the Chapples' front door and Jenny was called a 'cheeky little *advertiser censored*'.

Neighbours of the couple told MailOnline that they had been involved in a long running dispute over parking, which saw them leaving their cars outside each other’s drives, causing them to be blocked in.

Residents on the private estate, which was built seven years ago, said disputes over parking are common because of narrow roads and the lack of parking space.

Horrific case -- the Mail as always zeros in on what's most important.

There must be mechanisms in place for working out such neighbour disputes without resorting to a vicious double murder. What a waste.

Somerset couple 'stabbed to death' had to fit two cars bumper to bumper in a single space | Daily Mail Online

incident is alleged to be linked to a long running dispute over parking, as neighbours left their cars outside each other's drivers, causing them to be blocked in. Residents said clashes over parking are common because of narrow roads and the lack of parking space.

Images taken near the crime scene show two cars parked bumper to bumper in a single parking bay thought to be owned by the Chapples. Neighbours complained: 'It's horrendous. People park at bad angles, on corners, blocking driveways because the spaces are so limited.'

Dramatic doorbell footage shows a man yelling abuse at Mrs Chapple just days before she and her husband were allegedly stabbed to death on Sunday night.

Video obtained by The Sun shows the garden centre coffee shop worker reaching for her door handle as she is confronted by a man who accuses her of '*advertiser censored*ing gobbing off'. Mrs Chapple, who later sent the footage to a friend, tells the man 'she's the one who started it, so *advertiser censored** off'. He shouts back: 'What's that, you *advertiser censored**ing c***? You fat b****...you *advertiser censored**ing dirty...'.

She then tells the man to '*advertiser censored** off' before going into the house. The man then walks into the frame and calls her a '*advertiser censored**ing c***' as he walks away.

Police were said to have been called to the property on at least three previous occasions over the matter. One neighbour told MailOnline that tension intensified three months ago after Mrs Chapple allegedly crashed her car into a vehicle belonging to the neighbour as she returned home

This case has really hit me. I can't imagine the trauma for those young boys... To be put to bed by their parents. Like any other night. And to wake up for their young lives to be torn apart and both parent's murdered. Such a waste of innocent lives. It hits close to home as a 33yo mum of sons myself and we've had a bad experience with a hot headed volatile neighbour previously. I always watched that doc, killer neighbour next door or something like that and tried my best not to anger our nightmare neighbour... Thankfully we have moved nke.

I don't live nearby. But Im in the south of England and know Taunton well and the family just sound like a normal, averse friendly family. It isn't a dangerous area at all and it makes it. Even more shocking.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
If he, she or they has been arrested, then I think we have to be careful what we post as the crime is now sub-judice

Wikiprdia
it is generally considered inappropriate to comment publicly on cases sub judice, which can be an offence in itself, leading to contempt of court proceedings. This is particularly true in criminal cases, where publicly discussing cases sub judice may constitute interference with due process.

We have new neighbours at the building I work in, whose tradies have been parking over both our driveways. It's super annoying, yes, but there is no risk of homocide, even if they persist. (They have so far)

This isn't really about parking is it? It's power and control and rage. If a parking dispute ended up this way, he really was a walking timebomb. Someone was going to get badly hurt, or killed, sooner or later with this guy.

In shock, or they're like him and angry that he's going to end up going to jail over this. It's certainly not very supportive of the victims' family to turn up in such large, potentially intimidating numbers.

Yes I thought that seemed quite inappropriate so many turning up. Apparently they shouted out support to him...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur
Back