GUILTY UK - man and woman murdered whilst children in house, Somerset, 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree. Is there any indication that this man might reoffend after his release? Because that is one of the criteria used when deciding a sentence. A full life term would put him on a footing with Peter Tobin, Rosemary West et al.
Whole life orders are uncommon. They are usually only applied to serial/spree killers, terrorists and more recently those who are found guilty of the murder of police officers in the course of their duty.

A whole life order could also be applied by a sentencing Judge to someone found guilty of a second murder after serving a precious sentence for murder.

The sentencing of Wayne Couzens for the murder of Sarah Everard was a case when the sentencing Judge justified it based on the very specific circumstances of the offences. I think Couzens solicitors have challenged the sentence....I can't see that being successful.

The primary consideration of parole board would be 'does the offender still present a risk to the public'?

Parole would be with stringent conditions if the risk was considered low and straight back to prison for any transgressions.....like Colin Pitchfork quite recently.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState
Back