UK UK - Manchester, 'Angel of the Meadow' WhtFem Skeletal, 16-30, buried, Jan'10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Attaching crime scene photo, even though it does not help much to pinpoint exact area where she was found or how it looked before demolition. I am sure those wooden pillars would be visible on the photos if we find any from years prior to demolition.

View attachment 206980

53.4876265,-2.2359407
July 2008 Street View Google Maps near the corner of Simpson and Angel Sts
Looking slightly west and south toward the Crowne Plaza. Tall pole with lights seen, as well as the original fence. Photo of crime scene appears to be about 10-20 feet north of this street view.

PS... An old closed pub called "The Beer House, Free House" was a stones throw from the location of the body.

PSS...The old high wall is probably the area where the tall foliage is located.

Last edited:
I am not sure about correct English term, but for me stockings are those sexy ones covering only up to the tigh of the leg. But to be clear, Angel when still alive, was wearing tights (not stockings).

When found, she wore only blue 'skinny-rib' jumper and blue bra. Tights and dress were found near her. Probably matching the bra.

View attachment 206974

This is remnants of bra found still on her. I can't unscramble what is the part next to it on the left. If it is remnants of the remaining bra/corset or jumper or ripped part of pinafore dress.

I have flipped original image so anyone can double check from different angle what that 2nd part of clothing could be.

View attachment 206975

The other thing looks like (far gone) thights to me. Probably matching the bra.

Last edited:
53.4876265,-2.2359407
Looking slightly west and south toward the Crowne Plaza. Tall pole with lights seen, as well as the original fence. Photo of crime scene appears to be about 10-20 feet north of this street view.

PS... An old closed pub called "The Beer House, Free House" was a stones throw from the location of the body.

Thank you so much for searching. Can you by any chance post a link so I can check?

I have no idea how you do google maps search for years prior, all I can see on my google maps are recent images. Would you mind to share how to do it?

53.4876265,-2.2359407

Cool, thanks.

Map for 53.4876265,-2.2359407

Thank you so much for searching. Can you by any chance post a link so I can check?

I have no idea how you do google maps search for years prior, all I can see on my google maps are recent images. Would you mind to share how to do it?

@dotr Thanks for posting that link.

@Al Ka When you are in street view at the coordinates given, at the top left of the screen there will be what looks like a clock icon, which will be a drop down menu for all previous shots taken at that location. Click on the timeline to go back to 2008. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
53.4876265,-2.2359407

4038980259_cff25bcd29_b.jpg This is the now demolished Beer House, just incase it jogs anyone's memory. I wonder if they sold Guiness!!? :)

Model stylish pinafore and turtleneck, UK, circa 1973
- Image ID: E8KDK3
london-uk-uk-3rd-may-1972-model-lorraine-l-wearing-a-pinafore-in-black-E8KDK3.jpg

Stock Photo - London, UK, UK. 3rd May, 1972. Model Lorraine (L) wearing a pinafore in black and white checkerboard and Fairisle woven wool with black wool knit sweater and bowler hat, and
This caught my attention..
gordon-park-guilty-of-murder-manchester-crown-court-G7P29G.jpg

"Composite image of Cumbria Police handouts of the pinafore dress and knot that Carol Park was wearing when her body was found and the rope from Gordon Park's boat.
Photographer: Cumbria Police
Date taken: 28 January 2005

guinness-jpg.205764
1960's salt and pepper shakers with the same logo.

...Thank you Coffeeandacig for finding this. I have spent days (some time ago) searching for anything even slightly similar to guiness chart style and this is absolutely spot on. Our chart was definitely made in the same marketing campaign as those shakers you have found.

It has also cross my mind that measuring chart could be just that, measuring chart, not associated with pub at all, just an item made bearing their logo but used for measuring something (anything).

Angel-of-the-Meadow.jpg

When you look on the right side of the chart you can actually see little blue triangles on the chart used for measuring.
Guinness don't actually make any of the merchandised products.

Where can I buy Guinness-branded merchandise?

The Guinness company doesn't make its own merchandise, but licenses its trademark to many companies to make merchandise on its behalf.

Guinness.com

Thinking more about this I'd think the police would have already approached the brewery then whoever held the licence within the timeframe this red typeface was used. I think this explains why the pic/description is so vague with no better images available to show the actual item intact?
This is also why we're struggling to find anything similar or even understand what it is o_O

Now I'm thinking it's some cheap, knock-off novelty from somewhere like a tacky gift store, market seller, sold or won at a funfair type tat?

guinness-jpg.205764

Angel-of-the-Meadow.jpg

:) It was made sometime after 1968 thou.

Guinness Brand Identity Evolution :D
guinness-branded-jpg.207117
Guinntiques

Attachments

• Guinness-branded.jpg
    Guinness-branded.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:
o_O Pubs' Brewery supplied Barware?
70s-Vintage-Guinness-Advertising-Clock-Breweriana-Retro.jpg

Guinness-for-sure-advertising-metal-drinks-tray-vintage.jpg
Angel-of-the-Meadow.jpg
66333213_146339446471357_8349417861429270594_n.jpg

Guinness-tray-Bar-Drip-tray-6-Pure-Genius.jpg
Yes I agree, its merchandise handed out by the Guness brewery rep to bar - pub owners who stock their product. Looks to me like some form of advertising aimed at women, hence the smaller measure in a stemmed glass, along the lines of "Ladies, drink a Guiness a day, it's good for you!" :rolleyes:

According to this blog it was called the Weaver's Arms prior to being the Beer House.

Not sure when it changed name, the post seems to suggest the Beer House name was in use in the 80's and 90's.

Pubs of Manchester: 063. Angel / Beer House / Weavers Arms, Angel Street

I browsed that site in the last weekend searching for posible places she could have worked or visited in the neighborhood, looking out for old photo's somehow matching the carpet (pattern) or her clothes. It's a very interesting (just a little history) The Angel is still in operation.

Yes I agree, its merchandise handed out by the Guness brewery rep to bar - pub owners who stock their product. Looks to me like some form of advertising aimed at women, hence the smaller measure in a stemmed glass, along the lines of "Ladies, drink a Guiness a day, it's good for you!" :rolleyes:

That's an interesting thought….it's a more femanin glass. I'm not a beer drinker pur sang, but if I do I hate the big glasses.

Model stylish pinafore and turtleneck, UK, circa 1973
- Image ID: E8KDK3
london-uk-uk-3rd-may-1972-model-lorraine-l-wearing-a-pinafore-in-black-E8KDK3.jpg

Stock Photo - London, UK, UK. 3rd May, 1972. Model Lorraine (L) wearing a pinafore in black and white checkerboard and Fairisle woven wool with black wool knit sweater and bowler hat, and
This caught my attention..
gordon-park-guilty-of-murder-manchester-crown-court-G7P29G.jpg

"Composite image of Cumbria Police handouts of the pinafore dress and knot that Carol Park was wearing when her body was found and the rope from Gordon Park's boat.
Photographer: Cumbria Police
Date taken: 28 January 2005

The knot....chilling.

The upper sides of the dress, had long ties just under the arms that you tied at the back, in a knot or a bow. The ties were made of the same material. The favourite colour of nylon tights of that period was American Tan. I'm thinking that the black shoe found near the body, not really the right style of that period, more 1980's?

Sorry dotr I meant to quote your post above. :D

Attachments

• s-l400 (1).jpg
    s-l400 (1).jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 11
The knot....chilling.
o_O
sharpened-jpg.207198
riddle-jpg.207197

forest-jpg.207199
o_O I've added a couple of random, basic filters then re-framed to focus on the 'bow'
We each see very different things which can stand out better under various settings so hopefully this helps if anyone's struggling to make it out from the original image?

To Note: These are all the same image, taken from the original released image (MEN - as linked & used in previous ^ post). The 'filter' is the only alteration to the original, I've just reframed them for focus on the area of the 'bow,' :)

Attachments

• Riddle.jpg
    Riddle.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 151
  • Sharpened.jpg
    Sharpened.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 149
  • Forest.jpg
    Forest.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 143
Angel wasn't wearing the dress when found, only a blue bra, and blue skinny polo, I can see the tights now, tan coloured. The dress has been torn off, IMO., so she put up a fight, perhaps, the straps appear torn, I dont see a bow, just twisted material, indicating that perhaps the dress was wrapped around something, the handbag, shoe or even a murder weapon. I say weapon, as even though she had been brutally beaten, that doesn't dis count a knife, axe or rock perhaps used to stun her. Secondly, I dont think she was a lady of the night either, just a poor girl, who trusted the wrong man to take her home that night. Where was home? A children's home perhaps? Or maybe a womans refuge if she were a little older? Or was she a runaway? Was the Guinness sign wrapped up in the dress? What part could a plastic sign play in a murder? Its snapped, was it that old hard plastic sharp as a razor edge? The missing tooth - maybe it got knocked out in the skirmish?

Last edited:
If she'd been pregnant and come from another part of the Country to confront the father, would there have been evidence of that? In the remains that were discovered?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia
Back