Found Deceased UK - Marek Benko, 25, Norwich, 9 Dec 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

MsMiniSleuth

Reaction score
0_marek.jpg

The search for a Norwich man who went missing has continued this week, with police issuing a re-appeal.

Marek Benko, 25, from Norwich was reported missing on Friday, December 10.

He was last seen on December 9 at around 6pm at his home address in Bowman Road.

Mr Benko is described as white, about 5ft 10 in height, with long ginger hair.

He is believed to be wearing a beige waterproof coat, black cargo trousers and toe capped boots.

Enquiries are continuing, and officers are increasingly concerned for Me Benko's welfare.

They would like to hear from anyone who may have seen Mr Benko or from those who might know of his whereabouts.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Norfolk police on 101, quoting incident number 405 of 10 December.

Search for missing Norwich man continues

I'm presuming from his name, that's he's a Polish national.

There are lots of eastern European immigrants in East Anglia, they are mainly there for farming and agricultural work.
I hope he hasn't got himself mixed up in anything.
I have read of Polish vs. Lithuanians fighting each other sometimes.

I'm presuming from his name, that's he's a Polish national.

There are lots of eastern European immigrants in East Anglia, they are mainly there for farming and agricultural work.
I hope he hasn't got himself mixed up in anything.
I have read of Polish vs. Lithuanians fighting each other sometimes.

He is Slovak.

It looks like Marek is an aspiring digital artist: https://www.artstation.com/noots/profile

The address given for him is on a council-built estate separated by a busy main road (the A140 Ipswich Road) from an industrial zone. Heading north, the main road takes you past City College Norwich and from there towards central Norwich. In the other direction, it passes University Technical College Norfolk and crosses a railway line before coming to the waterways of the Yare Valley and Marston Marsh, a Tesco superstore and finally the southern ring road (A47).

It would be helpful to know more about his friends, family, housemates, personal or professional life etc, and anything noteworthy about what preceded his disappearance, but there's very little information to go on that I can find, although a couple of relatives have posted about his disappearance on social media. He doesn't seem to have been found yet.

Marek's profile on the Slovak Ministry of Interior Searching website

Priezvisko/ family name: BENKO
IPatrosZobrazFoto

Rodné priezvisko: BENKO
Ďalšie priezviská:
Meno/ Name:
Marek
Dátum narodenia/ DOB: 1996-11-06
Štátna príslušnosť/ Nationality: SLOVENSKO/Slovakia
Bydlisko/Permanent residence: Kežmarok (Town in Slovakia)
Dátum vyhlásenia/ searched for since: 2021-12-12
Dôvod pátrania/reason for the search: Nezvestná osoba/ Missing person
Vyhlasujúci útvar: OR PZ v Kežmarku
Popis osoby/description: štíhla postava/slim built, výška/height cca 185cm, špinavé blond dlhé vlasy/dark blond long hair, svetlej pleti/fair complexion, oči modrej farby/blue eyes, pod bradov má 5mm svetlé znamienko/light 5mm birthmark under his chin, nosí dioptrické okuliare/prescription glasses, rozpráva plynulé slovensky a anglicky/speaks Slovak and English fluently
Popis oblečenia/Clothes description: béžová nepremokavá vetrovka/beige waterproof windbreaker, čierne kapsačové nohavice/black cargo trousers, čižmy so špičkou/pointed shoes

ETA: translation

Last edited:
I didn't realise this chap was still missing. Perhaps there's not much in the media from his friends and family if this is not his home country and they are back there? Knowing a bit more background info from friends and family is always helpful in any missing persons investigation as it will give an insight into the circumstances in the lead up to the disappearance. Was he upset by anything before he disappeared? A break up? Trouble at work? Had he fallen in with the wrong crowd? These types of details can help point the investigation into a more clear direction IMO.

Marks missing police appeals have been taken down, does anyone know why?

One from December on FB still there.

Could be:
1. Found and not publicly reported.
2. Like the two Edinburgh mispers, resources scaled back as believed unlikely to find alive.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark2221
Back