Deceased/Not Found UK - Margaret Fleming, 19, Inverclyde, Scotland, 17 Dec 1999 *Guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't think searching the water would be any use unless they're told exactly to the metre where she was dumped. If she was put in there she is now the human equivalent of flight MH370.

Do you think the carers killed her?

Not sure. I think she is no longer alive and they certainly knew that she was no longer alive. I don't think there is enough yet to say if she died accidentally/naturally or was murdered. It is also possible someone else known to Margaret killed her and had some arrangement with the carers over the money.

I agree, I think after so long there's a small chance she's alive especially with her state of vulnerability.

I agree, I think after so long there's a small chance she's alive especially with her state of vulnerability.

I think she's been dead a long, long time. She's probably in the middle of the sea weighted down and will probably never be found.

The carers reckon she was there just an hour before anyone knocked on the door, in which case there would be a LOAD of forensic evidence - her bed, clothes, dirty laundry, toothbrush, strands of hair etc etc. If there was none of that it's clear the carers are big fat liars in which case they should be arrested for something. Worries me that with no body and no evidence this might never come to anything...

I think she's been dead a long, long time. She's probably in the middle of the sea weighted down and will probably never be found.

The carers reckon she was there just an hour before anyone knocked on the door, in which case there would be a LOAD of forensic evidence - her bed, clothes, dirty laundry, toothbrush, strands of hair etc etc. If there was none of that it's clear the carers are big fat liars in which case they should be arrested for something. Worries me that with no body and no evidence this might never come to anything...

I agree, there has to be some form of forensics laying around.

It'd be a shame if nothing came of this. Carers are there to take care of their patients and not let them get lost. Really hope she gets found.

What I don't understand is the carers - weren't they in the house? Were they out at the time? Were they authorized to leave Margaret by herself like that?

It'd be a challenge to prosecute murder without physical evidence - I think the search of the property is LE's best chance to find something, so they're not going to leave any stone unturned.

I think most murderers are reluctant to move a body if they have access to an easy/secure place to bury it: so much more risk of being seen, or someone coming across remains while walking their dog, or a weighted body coming loose and floating after a while. In a case like this, the carers having failed to report her missing, if her body had been found, the carers would be the obvious suspects. It seems to me that if they'd wanted to dispose of something, the property would give them so much more time, privacy, security, especially when they had (from facebook) a big aggressive dog to keep people away.

In terms of other evidence, there may be many people, who haven't spoken to the media, who could provide a lot more info. For example, AJ's family, who don't seem at all close, but who surely knew about Margaret? I think by collecting all the info from multiple sources, it could be possible to find a timeframe when circumstances changed and lies began.

There was a woman from Bute murdered and dumped in the sea by two paedophiles. Her body was never found but they both convicted of her murder. The main evidence was that they had bragged about killing her to a few people.

If the carers don't admit anything and haven't told anyone what happened it might be they can only get charged with fraud.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

There was a woman from Bute murdered and dumped in the sea by two paedophiles. Her body was never found but they both convicted of her murder. The main evidence was that they had bragged about killing her to a few people.

If the carers don't admit anything and haven't told anyone what happened it might be they can only get charged with fraud.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
If this is the case that happened many years ago now, my older sister knew the people involved and had to provide a statement. I don't really remember it but it had quite an effect on her.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

HI - I'm new to the thread but find this case very interesting! The police seem to believe there is something to be found Buried in the area, yet it doesn't appear as though they're searching any of the wooded areas near the property? A shallow grave might be worth looking for or even bone fragments scattered by animals (or the elements) not too far from the house.

One of the articles previoiusly linked to mentioned that the police had searched the nearby woodland.

No news reports recently that I have seen, yet surely the investigation is still going on?

No news reports recently that I have seen, yet surely the investigation is still going on?

You're right the story seems to have disappeared from the press and TV news here I just hope it isn't indefinite. I'm keeping an eye out for any updates.

You're right the story seems to have disappeared from the press and TV news here I just hope it isn't indefinite. I'm keeping an eye out for any updates.

Best wishes to you too gregjrichards. Also to everyone else. x

No new developments, just confirmation that the search is ongoing:

"Police have now revealed that officers continued to search the house throughout the festive period, and the search is expected to continue into “the foreseeable future”."

Link

I really don't know the area, but have seen a body found

https://stv.tv/news/west-central/1377364-investigation-launched-as-body-found-on-argyll-shoreline/

Sorry if this would not relevant, but grateful if anyone local could inform me whether a connection is possible ?

That body will be someone who died recently... If they put Margaret in the sea years ago there won't be anything left of her to find, even her bones will have been ground up by the waves and currents :(

I really don't know the area, but have seen a body found

https://stv.tv/news/west-central/1377364-investigation-launched-as-body-found-on-argyll-shoreline/

Sorry if this would not relevant, but grateful if anyone local could inform me whether a connection is possible ?

I just checked on missingpeople and it only lists 3 people missing in Scotland in the last 6 months - Margaret, a lady from Glasgow, and another lady, Crystalla Dean who went missing from Oban 3 weeks ago. Oban is only 7 miles from where this body was found.

https://www.missingpeople.org.uk/help-us-find/crystalla-dean-16-006713

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tased×20
Back