Deceased/Not Found UK - Margaret Fleming, 19, Inverclyde, Scotland, 17 Dec 1999 *Guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Maybe Margaret did leave home up to 17 years ago, but her disability payments kept arriving so the carers said nothing and kept taking the money... Then when social services turned up they thought they'd better lie about when she left so they wouldn't be prosecuted for keeping the money.

Not a likely scenario, but possible.

True it's possible. I just think if she was disabled enough to need live in carers then it's unlikely that she's left and gone to live alone and also not shown up on any records as receiving wages or benefits(other than the ones at her home address)

The Record link says Margaret's Dad was a solicitor. I'm wondering whether she was a beneficiary from his estate. I'm not saying all solicitors are wealthy, but I'd think it likely he'd have a pension plan, be a property owner, maybe life insurance etc.

I have wondered if this isn't a case of identity fraud dating back to before her father passed away. IMO the female carer and Margaret look very much alike. I would not be surprised if she weren't both identities. Shade of Gypsy and Dee Dee Blancharde come to mind.

I have wondered if this isn't a case of identity fraud dating back to before her father passed away. IMO the female carer and Margaret look very much alike.
It can't be as people did see Margaret at a party in 1999.

Avril posing as Margaret after that sighting would make a lot of sense though. It would explain how they were able to get away with claiming benefits for so long.

Avril posing as Margaret after that sighting would make a lot of sense though. It would explain how they were able to get away with claiming benefits for so long.

I have wondered about her mother disowning her (!) and if her parents were together?
One scenario I considered is her father left everything to Margaret because of her disabilities and maybe that caused a rift in the family?
Maybe Margaret was a very wealthy woman.

I have wondered about her mother disowning her (!) and if her parents were together?
One scenario I considered is her father left everything to Margaret because of her disabilities and maybe that caused a rift in the family?
Maybe Margaret was a very wealthy woman.
Her parents must have been at the least separated as she lived with her father but went to live in her mum's when he died.

I think her mum was in on whatever has happened to Margaret . Had she gone straight from her father's to the carers that would then appear to have been arranged by her father. Going from mums house to the carers means it was her mum that arranged that.

Her parents must have been at the least separated as she lived with her father but went to live in her mum's when he died.

I think her mum was in on whatever has happened to Margaret . Had she gone straight from her father's to the carers that would then appear to have been arranged by her father. Going from mums house to the carers means it was her mum that arranged that.

Yes I tend to agree, even if they didn't speak or get on surely SOME contact would've been made over those 17 years...Even if just indirect contact to find out how she was.
The carers were quoted as being close family friends so maybe mother bumped off Margaret to get the inheritance, cut the carers in for their help in covering it all up with the shady carer story. Although why anyone would do that for a friend is beyond me...Unless the female carer is actually Margaret's real mum??

Yes I tend to agree, even if they didn't speak or get on surely SOME contact would've been made over those 17 years...Even if just indirect contact to find out how she was.
The carers were quoted as being close family friends so maybe mother bumped off Margaret to get the inheritance, cut the carers in for their help in covering it all up with the shady carer story. Although why anyone would do that for a friend is beyond me...Unless the female carer is actually Margaret's real mum??

I think my brain was going a bit crazy with that thought actually!! But hey...It happens. Had a baby very young, couldn't cope so gives baby away to a friend...Or dad has affair with Avril and Margaret is the result but to save face she's brought up by dad and his wife.

I don't necessarily think her mother is involved in anything but if the carers were close friends of hers who she trusted enough for Margaret to move in with them then maybe she also trusted any info that came from them too. They (the carers) could quite easily orchestrate a family feud themselves by passing on things that Margaret was supposed to have said or even written. Would be interesting to hear from her mother.

I have wondered if this isn't a case of identity fraud dating back to before her father passed away. IMO the female carer and Margaret look very much alike. I would not be surprised if she weren't both identities. Shade of Gypsy and Dee Dee Blancharde come to mind.

Could be! And maybe she was caught off guard by the police and social services turning up unannounced and didn't have chance to get into "character".

[FONT=&amp]Officials from the Department for Work and Pensions visited her home to interview her and called in police when they could not get in touch with her.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Police visited the house with social workers after issues were raised in connection with the payment of benefits.[/FONT]
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/soil-samples-garden-missing-margaret-9472353

Just realised it looks like there were actually 2 visits where Margaret was missing...the first by DWP when they arrived to interview Margaret and then the 2nd when police and social workers came to the house. Not sure on which occasion they said Margaret had left an hour earlier or how close together the 2 visits were.

I get the Daily Record newspaper on my iPad early morning on Page 17 of today's paper dated Monday 19th December 2016 it says Margaret hasn't seen her GP/Doctor for 17 years.

This is something I don't understand the DWP have sent and still send me Employment and Support Allowance and DLA now PIP forms over the years in which I have to list my GP and when my last appointment was with them, they also want all my hospital consultants names and when I last saw them and for what condition. They also want to know your medications and what you take them for and how long you have taken them.

The DWP claim they contact your GP and consultants for further information and you have to tick a consent box giving permission for them to do so. It says if you refuse to give consent then it may impact their ability to assess your claim and eligibility for benefit. How the "carers" managed to get round this I do not know.

I get the Daily Record newspaper on my iPad early morning on Page 17 of today's paper dated Monday 19th December 2016 it says Margaret hasn't seen her GP/Doctor for 17 years.

This is something I don't understand the DWP have sent and still send me Employment and Support Allowance and DLA now PIP forms over the years in which I have to list my GP and when my last appointment was with them, they also want all my hospital consultants names and when I last saw them and for what condition. They also want to know your medications and what you take them for and how long you have taken them.

The DWP claim they contact your GP and consultants for further information and you have to tick a consent box giving permission for them to do so. It says if you refuse to give consent then it may impact their ability to assess your claim and eligibility for benefit. How the "carers" managed to get round this I do not know.

She does appear to have slipped through the net. I assume she had some kind of lifetime award from the days when they didn't check up on claimant so much.

Daily Mail reporting the same headline now too:

Police searching for vulnerable missing woman, 36, believe she has not visited her doctor for 17 years

Today, it has been reported that she has not visited her GP for 17 years, despite being registered at her local practice and visiting the medical centre regularly before that time.

A Police Scotland source told the Daily Record: 'As well as searches at the home she lived in, we have also conducted inquiries with official agencies, including local doctors and the GP she used previously.

'We have found no evidence she has visited or seen a family doctor in a number of years.'
www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4047240/Margaret-Fleming-not-visited-doctor-17-years.html#ixzz4THgplBr9
www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/revealed-missing-woman-margaret-fleming-9482298

I've been catching up on this thread.

Definitely something going on here that should have been picked up on, not only by the DWP, or social services but the GP practice should have picked up on something. May have missed this but was Margaret on any medications?

So she has never seen a doctor since she was 19 years old, and is now 36? That is very strange.

As greg says DWP should contact GP/consultants for information (or that is what the forms say they will do...) regarding claims. It is difficult to understand how this hasn't happened, something so wrong here.

Of course very little is being revealed about any health or disabilities, but how shocking everything about Margaret has been ignored for so long. Poor woman.

If she had a life-long disability that did not require medication, would she require check-ups from either the GP or DWP?

If she had a life-long disability that did not require medication, would she require check-ups from either the GP or DWP?

No, she wouldn't. It would be a bit of a waste of DWP time and resources to continually review a condition that won't ever improve - such as a learning disability - and there'd be no need for a GP to see her either. She may not even have registered with a local GP when she moved in with the carers.

DWP will have heard from GP, consultants etc. at the time of the initial claim but that may well have been back when she was still in her teens (she would have been reassessed as an adult for DLA around the age of 16, I think).

Idk, but you should. My GP practice, if you don't see a doctor in a number of years, and not requiring medication, I can't quite remember if its 5? But they remove you from their ..idk the right word, services?

According to the Wail, Avril Jones's parents won £400,000 and a car in a lottery but did not share any of it with her.

A carer of missing woman Margaret Fleming, who has not been seen for 17 years, missed out when her parents won £400,000 in a lottery.

Today, it emerged that Avril's parents, Florence and Walter Jones, won £400,000 in the People's Postcode Lottery - but did not share any of their winnings with her.

In 2011, when the couple won the huge sum, along with a BMW 1 Series, Walter said: 'I will never have to worry about a bill again.

'It's magic, my head is just spinning. To win £400,000 is incredible, and to top it off with a car is unbelievable.'

But a source has said they never shared the money with Avril.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4047240/Margaret-Fleming-not-visited-doctor-17-years.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
USE
Back