GUILTY UK - Mikaeel Kular, 3, Edinburgh, Scotland, 15 Jan 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re being buried, I know from reading other cases social media and rumours are a no go however I think the poor boy being buried is unlikely from recent hearsay.

The body was left 'in situ' for quite a length of time so I'd assume from that, that the forensic experts were satisfied enough the body wasn't going to deteriorate by keeping him there which makes me think he must have been covered by something.

Do female killers revisit 'graves'? I know it's something that male killers do but that's more to do with revisiting their crimes rather than mourning their victims.

The area where the body was found doesn't look easy to get to either and looks like quite a high fence to get a body over. Even though RK looks tall, she also looks quite slight.

Did she drive? Looking at some of the photos in the Daily Mail, she could have driven driven there, parked her vehicle and carried her son's dead body to the wooded area.

It will be interesting to know why she chose that area. I'm guessing it was because she lived there 18 months earlier and she knew it well.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-searching-missing-toddler-Mikaeel-Kular.html

I think leaving the body where it is for a little while is also partly to do with estimating time of death. They can take the temperature, then again some hours later, and if there is further cooling they can make a backwards graph to work out when it was last at normal body temp. If they moved the body it might change the temperature curve. Anyway they'd want to take detailed photographs which are easier in daylight.

Did she drive? Looking at some of the photos in the Daily Mail, she could have driven driven there, parked her vehicle and carried her son's dead body to the wooded area.

It will be interesting to know why she chose that area. I'm guessing it was because she lived there 18 months earlier and she knew it well.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-searching-missing-toddler-Mikaeel-Kular.html

It appears from reports about her having a mobile beauty business that she does drive and her instagram pics show some of the kids in a car fitted with a child seat.

Have there been many cases where women have transported victims to burial sites or do they usually try to use sites near to where their crimes happened?

I think regardless of what happened, she was probably a bit panicked and went for someone she knew. I really don't think a lot of planning went into picking a location to leave him. Maybe she was naive enough to think no one would look there.

I think leaving the body where it is for a little while is also partly to do with estimating time of death. They can take the temperature, then again some hours later, and if there is further cooling they can make a backwards graph to work out when it was last at normal body temp. If they moved the body it might change the temperature curve. Anyway they'd want to take detailed photographs which are easier in daylight.

The body was taken away.

Re being buried, I know from reading other cases social media and rumours are a no go however I think the poor boy being buried is unlikely from recent hearsay.

Yes, I have read the same comment - which, if fact , would make sense to me

It appears from reports about her having a mobile beauty business that she does drive and her instagram pics show some of the kids in a car fitted with a child seat.

Have there been many cases where women have transported victims to burial sites or do they usually try to use sites near to where their crimes happened?

Casey Anthony. I can't think of any others off the top of my head.

Yes, I have read the same comment - which, if fact , would make sense to me

Is it on the FB page? I think you are allowed to provide a link and the initials of the person quoted, seeing as the subject has been paraphrased, not copied.

I think regardless of what happened, she was probably a bit panicked and went for someone she knew. I really don't think a lot of planning went into picking a location to leave him. Maybe she was naive enough to think no one would look there.

I agree

As with every case we're left with the why. :(

Do female killers revisit 'graves'? I know it's something that male killers do but that's more to do with revisiting their crimes rather than mourning their victims.

The area where the body was found doesn't look easy to get to either and looks like quite a high fence to get a body over. Even though RK looks tall, she also looks quite slight.

I did read in one article ( will try to find it again and link it ) that the fence surrounding the sister's home had a gate which allowed direct access to the woodland.

However, as we are being told that the sister was resident in her house ( ie not away from the area ) at the relevant time ( assuming the relevant time was only a few days ago ) and as we are also told that she is not implicated in any way ?
then surely it would be more likely for whoever placed Mikaeel in the woodland to have approached the area from the other side, where there is a car park and presumably pathways through the woods.

The poor sister is going to have to move house if she keeps RK's other kids. She can't have them growing up right beside where Mikaeel's body was found :( I wonder if she has kids of her own as there's a trampoline in the garden.

http://m.scotsman.com/news/scotland/top-stories/mikaeel-kular-mother-arrested-and-charged-1-3273258

Bit of information regarding social services involvement with the family

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

They had no file? Am I reading this right?

----------

But last night there was a question mark over whether social work scrutiny of the family continued when they moved to Edinburgh 18 months ago. Edinburgh Council sources confirmed their social work department did not have a file on the family.Questions about social work involvement are likely to come under intense scrutiny in the coming weeks.

I did read in one article ( will try to find it again and link it ) that the fence surrounding the sister's home had a gate which allowed direct access to the woodland.

However, as we are being told that the sister was resident in her house ( ie not away from the area ) at the relevant time ( assuming the relevant time was only a few days ago ) and as we are also told that she is not implicated in any way ?
then surely it would be more likely for whoever placed Mikaeel in the woodland to have approached the area from the other side, where there is a car park and presumably pathways through the woods.

From the pictures here it doesn't appear to have a pathway behind it and it doesn't look as if it's easy to walk through. I can't make out a gate either but there still could be one there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne