UK - Nicholas Billingham, 42, body found buried in garden, Northampton, Mar 2022 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes but she was using his phone and his bank card after his death don't forget. She could have ordered food for one person and used his card.
But surely Police know more or less the time he died, no?
So it would be easy to check the time and who really used the card.

JMO

But surely Police know more or less the time he died, no?
So it would be easy to check the time and who really used the card.

JMO
Yes, when the trial started, it was stated that:

Prosecutors allege Beal stabbed 42-year-old Billingham in the neck on 1 November 2021 in the main bedroom of their home in Moore Street, Northampton, after hiding a knife in a drawer.

If the takeaway order was placed before then, she might be telling the truth. Otherwise, she lied, whether the food order was placed or not. What if, N’s refusing her food and getting a takeaway instead was the proverbial last straw…

Yes, when the trial started, it was stated that:

Prosecutors allege Beal stabbed 42-year-old Billingham in the neck on 1 November 2021 in the main bedroom of their home in Moore Street, Northampton, after hiding a knife in a drawer.

If the takeaway order was placed before then, she might be telling the truth. Otherwise, she lied, whether the food order was placed or not.

I would say it seems really unlikely they were arguing (and eating separately) that evening, with how she planned to (and did) lure him to his death.

I would say it seems really unlikely they were arguing (and eating separately) that evening, with how she planned to (and did) lure him to his death.
I’m not saying the food refusal turned into an argument there and then, but it might have been just one more reason (however extreme) for her to think ‘enough is enough’

Surely it should be easy enough to ascertain whether/when he had food delivered to his house by checking his credit card statements
Regardless of anything else, ordering a takeaway wouldn't prove anything. The scenario could be that she was cooking something that he didn't like.
I don't like fish, but that doesn't mean nobody else can have a fish dinner. I would say,
"You go ahead, I'll just get a takeaway."
An opportunity to have something that they don't like! Win win.

Regardless of anything else, ordering a takeaway wouldn't prove anything. The scenario could be that she was cooking something that he didn't like.
I don't like fish, but that doesn't mean nobody else can have a fish dinner. I would say,
"You go ahead, I'll just get a takeaway."
An opportunity to have something that they don't like! Win win.
Right? Like this constitutes the death penalty? I can’t see how she won’t be found guilty. She had many, many other choices. She chose to murder him.

Can someone explain how they work out/who decides how long a trial is going to take? 5 weeks for this one seems a lot, when much more complex murder cases are allocated less time

Right? Like this constitutes the death penalty? I can’t see how she won’t be found guilty. She had many, many other choices. She chose to murder him.
She seems seriously mentally disturbed
(TO ME).

What about the suicide attempt?

Doesn't it look staged?
I mean - the worrying note sent to her family which then notified Police.
And surprise, surprise - they came in time to save her.

How is it possible nobody saw red flags in her behaviour?

And she worked with kids!

JMO

Last edited:
[...]

Mr Perian asked Jennifer who informed her of the above and she replied, “Fiona.”
The prosecution barrister said: “You believed her about Nick’s credit card rating just like you believed her when she said he left her for another woman?”

[...]

Mr Perian asked Jennifer to provide examples of when Mr Billingham made belittling comments towards Beal.

“I can’t think of any examples right now,” she responded.

[...]

When asked about how Mr Billingham was controlling, she said that he would find it unfair when Beal is at home for the school holidays while he was working so he would take unpaid leave.

“That, would you say, is an element of control?” Mr Perian questioned the witness. [...]

...“So every bit of information you have about their relationship has come from Fiona?”

snipped for copyright

This is all I can post due to copyright restriction but the whole article is worth reading.

Another defence witness making F’s position worse, not better. JMOO.

(…)
Mark Phillips, who is the partner of the defendant’s sister, Jennifer Beal. He is a solicitor who has known of Nicholas Billingham since becoming Beal’s sister's partner around 12 years ago but has only met the victim in person on six occasions.

(…) in November 2021, Beal asked him for advice about transferring the ownership of the Moore Street house into her name after she said Mr Billingham left her for another woman. Mr Phillips said he did not think Beal knew of Mr Billingham’s whereabouts.

(…)

(…)
Police Community Support Officer Noemi Mrella was tasked with trying to contact Mr Billingham after his van was found “abandoned” under some trees which needed to be pruned.
(…)
“Once I obtained the (registered keeper’s) address I did a door-knock at 71 Moore Street on the 6th of February 2021.

“A white female opened the door… and stated that Mr Billingham was her ex-partner and they had been separated recently.

“The female was dressed in a robe and she had an expression on her face when she opened her door that I can describe as a kind of shock.”

More from another article:

(…)
Recounting what she was told after she informed the woman the van could be damaged, the PCSO’s statement went on: “She did not have any idea where he is and she doubts if he is in Northampton at all.
(…)

She had tried to reach him by phone and he must have changed his number.”
The court heard the woman who answered the door said she had tried to reach Mr Billingham “multiple times because she still had some of his belongings inside the house”.

Did she move the van to make it appear abandoned? Otherwise if it was parked nearby, wouldn't other people have disbelieved what they were told about him upping and leaving with someone else?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back