UK - Nicholas Billingham, 42, body found buried in garden, Northampton, Mar 2022 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I guess there are morbid people out there that like that sort of thing!? What does happen to houses of people convicted of murder? Do they get the profit if there is any?

Always an interesting debate. Reminds me of the Helen Bailey murder and the many discussions around whether or not the murderer, Ian Stewart, would be allowed to have any money from the sale of the jointly owned property ( well not exactly equal shares of course, Helen put in more money than he did ).
I think, from memory, his sons were allowed to have the amount of money that he had put in to the purchase, because it came from a previous family home, jointly owned with his wife Diane. Whether or not that has now been changed, since he has also been convicted of the murder of his wife, I am not sure.

Would be interesting to know exactly who owned the Moore St house

Last edited:
"Ms Mills said she initially called Beal’s mother, adding: “I explained who I was and Fiona’s mum Julia knew who I was and I explained I was ringing because I was concerned regarding Fiona and I’d been unable to get in touch with her.

“I think Fiona’s mum was quite surprised that I had rung. She said that Fiona was on a course, a residential course and that I had asked her to go on the course.”

https://www.itv.com/news/anglia/202...er-accused-teacher-after-head-raised-concerns

Speaking in court, Mrs Gardiner said in the weeks before Mr Billingham's death, Beal had told her she was struggling financially.

[...]

'We were outside having a cigarette and I said I had no money and was skint and so I was rolling my own cigarette and she said to me "that might be me soon".

'And I asked her why and Fiona said Nick had left and gone off with another woman again.

'I told her if you need anything you know where I am, and I asked her about finances.

'Fiona told me she had asked Nick to sign the house over to her but he wouldn't and might have to buy him out and didn't know how much that might cost her.

'A few days later Fiona told me that Nick wanted to keep the house in both their names.

[...]

'He said there were some conditions Fiona had put to him before he was able to move back in.

'She asked him to stop being self-employed and get a job so they could buy a property of their own and to move out of the village, so they were not near the girlfriend [mistress] that was pregnant.

[...]

[...]
The then 47-year-old teacher went on to attend a work Christmas party at the Lumbertubs pub in Boothville on December 10, 2021 where Beal was described as “jolly” and “enjoying herself.”

One teacher recalled Beal was “upbeat” the morning before going on a school trip to the Royal Opera House in London on February 24, 2022. The colleague told jurors she noticed Beal had lost a lot of weight over Christmas and said she looked “fabulous.”
[...]

(…)

Giving evidence, Beal's mother Julia Beal told prosecutor Steven Perian KC about a phone conversation she had with her daughter in autumn 2021.

"She said 'he's really gone this time. He's taken his clothes and given me the door key back and changed his phone number.'

"She said she'd got no contact with him at all."

(…)

Earlier Beal's father Alan gave evidence that, as well as having two affairs, Nicholas Billingham had been very controlling in his relationship with his daughter.

(…)

(…)
The parents of a primary school teacher who is accused of stabbing her boyfriend to death and burying him in the garden claim their daughter was bullied by her 'horrible' and 'demanding' partner.
(…)
‘Nicholas did get Covid. This is what Fiona told me. Whilst he had Covid, Fiona took a meal up to his bedroom and Nick told her he wasn't going to eat the food and order himself a takeaway – one takeaway just for himself.’

‘Fiona told me his behaviour was horrible whilst he was suffering from Covid.'

(…)
When asked by prosecutor Steven Perian KC if he liked Mr Billingham, Mr Beal said 'No'.

'If she didn't keep the house tidy he would be extremely rude to her and put her down,' he said.

'This was in both houses, in Earls Barton and Moore Street. He would tell her to clean the skirting boards and things like that.

Fiona would do her best to clean it. She would clean the house when he asked.'

(…)
Beal’s family did not warm to Mr Billingham over the course of their relationship, the court heard. Alan described Mr Billingham as “arrogant” and said he did not trust him. He told the court that his daughter lost a lot of friends since getting into a relationship with Mr Billingham.

(…)
The defendant’s family were each asked to recall Christmas 2020. Mr Billingham was described as being “rude and grumpy” as he sat in a chair in the corner of the room not speaking to anybody.

Julia said: “It was the worst we ever had.”
Alan said: “He just sat there, had lunch and only just sat in the chair and would not converse with us and then he said right it’s eight o’clock, we’re going home now.”
Beal’s father added: “He was controlling.”
Julia said: “All of us were trying to be merry and Christmassy and it was not working. Everyone seemed off.”

(…)
He said that Mr Billingham would demand that Beal kept the house clean and tidy to his exact standards and, if she did not, he was “extremely rude to her.”
Jennifer said that because of Mr Billingham’s level of cleanliness, she and Beal would call him ‘Neat Freak Nick.’

(…)
The parents of a primary school teacher who is accused of stabbing her boyfriend to death and burying him in the garden claim their daughter was bullied by her 'horrible' and 'demanding' partner.
(…)
‘Nicholas did get Covid. This is what Fiona told me. Whilst he had Covid, Fiona took a meal up to his bedroom and Nick told her he wasn't going to eat the food and order himself a takeaway – one takeaway just for himself.’

‘Fiona told me his behaviour was horrible whilst he was suffering from Covid.'

(…)
When asked by prosecutor Steven Perian KC if he liked Mr Billingham, Mr Beal said 'No'.

'If she didn't keep the house tidy he would be extremely rude to her and put her down,' he said.

'This was in both houses, in Earls Barton and Moore Street. He would tell her to clean the skirting boards and things like that.

Thanks AcbMurders.

So then, that story Beal's father recounted about Nicholas saying he wasn't going to eat food she had prepared and ordering a takeaway for himself was when Nicholas was dead, and so it was a lie told to him by Beal.

The Northampton Chronicle says it was around end of October.

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/...h-partner-she-is-accused-of-murdering-4079296

I don't see why she would need to invent stuff about him unless it was to influence them into believing he was worse than he was. JMO

I would hand him a rag with words:
"Do it yourself"
Ha!

Equality is the key word ladies!

JMO

JMO but I think that lie about him treating her badly after she'd killed him, and writing down all his faults in the journal she started when he was dead, could go to whether she felt any remorse, and if she didn't feel bad about what she'd done, whether (or not) she did suffer from a damaged sense of self-worth in the relationship.

Another piece of info from the Northans Chronicle article linked above - I wonder why Beal's parents can't remember which month in 2021 he'd been to their house to fit a new banister for them. It seems like pretty major work to have done. IMO

Thanks @Tortoise for pointing out that N’s must have refused F’s food when he was already dead. Or could this refer to an earlier time when N had Covid? Otherwise, Mr Beal provided further evidence his daughter lied, rather than helping her defence.
I'm just going by the article saying she told them he had covid at around the end of October. I think as far as we know he was working at that time, because people have testified to him being in the middle of work when he disappeared and Beal was at home while he was at work on the day she wrote she planned to kill him.

I'm just going by the article saying she told them he had covid at around the end of October. I think as far as we know he was working at that time, because people have testified to him being in the middle of work when he disappeared and Beal was at home while he was at work on the day she wrote she planned to kill him.
Surely it should be easy enough to ascertain whether/when he had food delivered to his house by checking his credit card statements

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back