UK - Nicholas Billingham, 42, body found buried in garden, Northampton, Mar 2022 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"John Letchford, from Derbyshire Police, told the court how he uncovered evidence the bedroom had been cleaned and repainted. [...]

'There appeared to be an inconsistency of the presence of blood in one location and an absence elsewhere.

'The hypothesis that I formed is that there had been some cleaning at this address. [...]

'We observed a number of areas of fluorescent reactions. My opinion from what we could observe was that there was blood present, but the blood had been altered.

'It was my opinion that there had been some cleaning of this staining and I believed that this had been painted over.'"

It doesn't sound to me as if she dug a hole first from these descriptions.

"The area of interest was a mound down the side of the garden’s annexe, which had been covered with what appeared to be freshly laid bark chippings. In the area was a planter, various garden tools and a small compost bin.

Mr Schofield said it was clear that the planter and bin had been placed in the area before the soil, gravel and chippings had been laid down.

[...] on top of weathered gravel that is likely to have been the ground surface before the body was placed on the ground."

NN Journal

@NNjournalism
·
39m

We’re at day 4 of the Fiona Beal murder trial. So far we’ve heard evidence from the pathologist who has given the cause of death as a stab wound to the neck. Now detective constable Donna Fleming from Northants police who is in charge of the case is giving evidence

NN Journal

@NNjournalism
·
39m

Jury has been shown footage of the three occasions in November and then December 21 when Beal went to a DIY store in Northampton to purchase garden materials - such as Cotswold stone and bark.

NN Journal

@NNjournalism
·
39m

The jury is now being shown when the prosecution call Beal’s ‘confession journal’. A blue notebook that was found in the lodge where she ran to in March last year.

NN Journal

@NNjournalism
·
6m

Jury been read extracts of some of Beal’s notebooks. She refers to Billingham as ‘priding himself on being a sociopath and that after they bought a house together ‘it was as if he owned me and didn’t have to try anymore’. Beal wrote that she regretted what she had done but had

NN Journal

@NNjournalism
·
7m

‘Sat back for too long’. Writes before her suicide attempt that the world had become grey. Said she was not scared of death. That she’d had no nightmares or trouble sleeping. Court finished for lunch

Too much to quote here - lots of extracts from her journal. I'll leave it to others to copy any parts they want to discuss.

I do find this part perplexing, and I wonder if he might have been drugged? -

"Dr Hollingbury also suggested that Nicholas would have been conscious and breathing for a few minutes following the attack.

Dr Hollingbury said the stab wound was roughly 3.7cm in length and that there were no signs that Mr Billingham had put up a fight.

“The injury to this major vein would’ve bled readily but that does not cause you to immediately collapse. So his heart would’ve continued beating and his brain would’ve continued functioning until he’s a lost enough blood from that injury to cause compromise to his systems.

“He’ll have been able to walk, talk, run and scream. There's no reason that it stopped him from act or react in the minutes after this injury was sustained."

From the article same Mirror.co.uk article quoted above:

"I am sorry I didn’t leave him. I am sorry I let him rip my self-esteem and self-worth apart. I am sorry I am weak. I am sorry for what I did. Yes I am alive currently but it’s more like a waiting room. People will blame my mental health. I should have/could have .. fixed myself.

“Do I regret what I did? Of course I do, I’m not a monster. It had been building up for so long. The funny thing is that he was such an unlikeable person. I only had to send a few texts, no one seemed bothered. I don’t think anyone would have looked for him.”

That does not read like remorse at all, just self-pity imo.

Just adding this article from the DM. Much of it is the same as The Mirror but there is also some info re letters that NB wrote to Beal -

This afternoon DC Donna Flemming read out letters from Nicholas sent to Beal which were found in the attic of their home in Northampton.

Nicholas had written to Beal asking for forgiveness and told her she was 'the most beautiful woman in the world' and 'all he wanted was a chance'.

He also spoke of his desire to marry her and spend their rest of their lives together

Nicholas describes his partner as 'kind-hearted', 'perfect' and 'generous' adding 'if there were more people like you around the world would be a better place'.

Just adding this article from the DM. Much of it is the same as The Mirror but there is also some info re letters that NB wrote to Beal -

This afternoon DC Donna Flemming read out letters from Nicholas sent to Beal which were found in the attic of their home in Northampton.

Nicholas had written to Beal asking for forgiveness and told her she was 'the most beautiful woman in the world' and 'all he wanted was a chance'.

He also spoke of his desire to marry her and spend their rest of their lives together

Nicholas describes his partner as 'kind-hearted', 'perfect' and 'generous' adding 'if there were more people like you around the world would be a better place'.

Manipulative IMO.

And rollercoaster yet again - up and down, up and down.

Until the tragic end.

JMO

There was no pathology evidence to sustain that Mr Billingham fought against the cable ties on his body. While there was no evidence to suggest that he was alive when the cable ties were applied, Dr Hollingway could not exclude that possibility.

Tests showed that Mr Billingham was not under the influence of alcohol, drugs or other medication at the time of his death.

methinks the journal is way too convenient, as well as tickle22 or whatever. me thinks she thinks she is smarter than everyone. She may have indeed been abused by this man but my comment stands.

IMO
Agree. Still waiting to hear evidence of abuse, coercive control etc. From the letters that were read out we can only suspect he might have been a bull*****r full of empty promises, like so many men and women in relationships.

Last edited:
Agree. Still waiting to hear evidence of abuse, coercive control etc. From the letters that were read out we can only suspect he might have been a bull*****r full of empty promises, like so many men and women in relationships.
I get a sense from his letters that he was replying to conditions she had laid down too. When did tulip first stand her ground might be something the jury will have to consider.

JMO

NN Journal

@NNjournalism
·
2h

Friday brief: Fiona Beal’s ‘confession’ notebooks allege partner was a ‘sociopath’

[...] She wrote that she had decided to take her own life as she realised the only other option would have been prison.

[...] he prided himself on being a ‘sociopath’, was ‘unlikeable’, ‘a Jekyl and Hyde’ character and called her a ‘fat, boring teacher’. She said he was ‘controlling’ and sexually demeaning and had reinforced her own ‘internal monologue’ [...]

In her notebook she wrote that smoking weed (cannabis) had enabled her to access her ‘stronger’ self and that she didn’t think she could have done what she did without it. [...]

On one occasion she used Billingham’s card to pay for the items [...]

NN Journal
@NNjournalism
·
2h

Friday brief: Fiona Beal’s ‘confession’ notebooks allege partner was a ‘sociopath’

[...] She wrote that she had decided to take her own life as she realised the only other option would have been prison.

[...] he prided himself on being a ‘sociopath’, was ‘unlikeable’, ‘a Jekyl and Hyde’ character and called her a ‘fat, boring teacher’. She said he was ‘controlling’ and sexually demeaning and had reinforced her own ‘internal monologue’ [...]

In her notebook she wrote that smoking weed (cannabis) had enabled her to access her ‘stronger’ self and that she didn’t think she could have done what she did without it. [...]

On one occasion she used Billingham’s card to pay for the items [...]
If he was so dominant and manipulative it seems odd that he’d wear an eye mask IMO.

If he was so dominant and manipulative it seems odd that he’d wear an eye mask IMO.
I think there has to be an unknown factor involved in his death that completely stopped him from moving and he had perhaps agreed unsuspectingly to be put in that position. Perhaps she sat on him and his arms and legs were somehow tied? There does seem to be an awful lot of cable ties and bindings like a knotted hose buried with him. I'm not sure with the fatal wound entry being on the right side of his neck whether he would have been face up or down, or whether she was dominantly left-or-right-handed.

JMO

case adjourned yesterday to 2pm today

4​
T20227058​
Fiona Beal​
Details:Trial (Part Heard) - Witness Number 7 Sworn - 10:23
Trial (Part Heard) - Witness Number 7 Continues - 10:42
Trial (Part Heard) - Witness Number 8 Sworn - 10:58
Trial (Part Heard) - Witness Number 8 Continues - 11:26
Trial (Part Heard) - Witness Number 8 Continues - 11:42
Trial (Part Heard) - Witness Number 8 Continues - 12:00
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 12:40 - 12:24
Trial (Part Heard) - Witness Number 8 Continues - 12:35
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 14:00 - 13:02
Trial (Part Heard) - Witness Number 8 Continues - 14:01
Trial (Part Heard) - Witness Number 8 Continues - 14:43
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 15:55 - 15:46
Trial (Part Heard) - Resume - 15:58
Trial (Part Heard) - Witness Number 8 Continues - 16:01
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 14:00 - 16:31
https://www.thelawpages.com/court-hearings-lists/crown-court-daily/46/lists/2023-03-16

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LVTRUCRIME
Back