Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley, 45, last seen walking her dog on footpath by the river, Inskip, Lancashire, 27 Jan 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the pics I’ve seen, it looks like a Julius K9 style so yeah, incredibly easy to get out of. As a matter of fact most harnesses are easily escapable if the dog is panicked or clever enough. Lower head and reverse hard against the lead pressure and it’s done.
They're so easy to get out of depending on the dog, I stopped using mine and changed to a different brand. My border collie would do exactly as you describe and she was out.

You have to realise that at that point, all they thought was the dog had got loose and wouldn't of immediately presumed something is wrong.

Although according to how it happened as quoted by NB's partner, the person who found Willow also found the phone (on conference) and her harness and lead on the bench, with no NB. So if that were me I wouldn't think the dog were loose, I'd think mum was missing from the vicinity.

But by law you need to have at least one phone number on the dog's ID tag. Maybe it's Nicola's number, and the phone is there on conference so that's no good. However, two numbers would be better surely. Anyway MOO, understand the dynamics of a small village just very odd still, to me.

Thank you so much for sharing. I hope that NB is found safe and healthy very very soon. I really feel for her and family, and your community by extension it's very worrying.

Where I refer to dashcam footage, maybe it's to place her at the area. And no one else...likewise, to have proof of her route from school to the bridge and onto her walk.
Agreed. Or potentially any footage of a reverse route (i.e. her leaving the tow path) or to see if anyone else entered the tow path after she did (either direction) from the section off Blackpool Lane, just by the road bridge and the church.
It's a small village and rural area, but the A586 which runs straight through it can get fairly busy - it's a direct road between Fylde Coast and north Preston/ Lancaster if you want to avoid the roadworks on M55.

No victim blaming shaming, no horrible judgemental thoughts or implications at all.
Please everyone keep your data private, your photos private, where you visit, your family members names, school, work etc all private and family/friends only. Please.

We've got a missing mum and at minimum the world is finding all this information. At maximum, it could be used against a person. Just be internet aware and tell everyone too, politely, non judgemental-y of course.

Yes this has prompted lots of discussion about Strava in our household as we all use it. Just last night we discussed the setting where it hides your start and end point and I said to my husband it was protect people from being followed and he said I was naive, that that rarely if ever, happens and it was because people were having expensive bikes stolen or their houses were being broken into. I hope he’s more right than me! I’m changing my my settings now…

There's a bridge near Garstang Rd and her Facebook account shows her walking past a fork in the river, a brick building , the bend by the bench and the wier. Maybe she WAS followed on her walk.

If you follow the coordinates for Google Maps (posted in this thread) for the bench, I saw that brick building and also the Google? person who took the panoramic shots lol, but yes. Would there be evidence if someone was waiting out, wouldn't Willow be distressed? Moo speculation.

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

You are so right. These days any stalker or person wishing to do harm can use Strava as a useful tool. It would be too easy to find someone’s walking/ running / biking activities. I wonder if the police can also use it as a good tool

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip - quoted post removed>

I don't understand why people post to things like Strava or Facebook come to that. Where is the need? Just a comment on the conference call, most of mine I would have been muted and voice only as I was on the move in public places such as the train. Nicola was probably on the call throughout her walk, possibly this would distract her, she might not notice anyone approaching.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think, the more i'm reading, while when first hearing about the location would be that she has slipped into the river, i sadly do not think thats the case, and i don't think the police do either. The wording of their appeals, mentioning other areas that she has links too, i don't believe they think this is a search and rescue operation. Sadly, I don't think Nicola is in that river, considering the short time scale of her being 'seen' there and the police being alerted, i think they would have found her by now. I also think the police tweeting out an appeal in under 2 hours from her being reported missing means they have concerns.

Yes this has prompted lots of discussion about Strava in our household as we all use it. Just last night we discussed the setting where it hides your start and end point and I said to my husband it was protect people from being followed and he said I was naive, that that rarely if ever, happens and it was because people were having expensive bikes stolen or their houses were being broken into. I hope he’s more right than me! I’m changing my my settings now…
He probably correct. Burglars will seek that kind of information. Routine approach for them collectively. Difference when it comes to a stalker is that they will obsess about that kind of thing. If one gets those hooks in and you become the center of their world they will look for it as well. But is less likely.

I wonder if they know that Nicola was actually on that conference call i.e. did she speak? If not anyone could have dialled in and placed the phone and dog where they were found to make it look like she had gone missing from there. Not accusing anyone but put two and two together.

I wonder if they know that Nicola was actually on that conference call i.e. did she speak? If not anyone could have dialled in and placed the phone and dog where they were found to make it look like she had gone missing from there. Not accusing anyone but put two and two together.
Yes I agree that this could be a possible scenario but she was seen on the towpath according to police. It seems like a very tight timeline between being seen and disappearing. Unless the member of the public was mistaken. But there must be other witnesses that saw her at the school that morning. Very odd. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member