Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley, 45, last seen walking her dog on footpath by the river, Inskip, Lancashire, 27 Jan 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In relation to NBs fb privacy; the first post she made public was to share an appeal about some sheep & had to ask how to do so Looks like she'd forgotten to put her posts back to private after this but maybe figured it out again in December.
Good find!

To make up my mind, I first need a timeline. Who took the kids to the school? When was she actually seen and by who?
And what's the history of her mental health and her relationship?

Exactly. Until we know FOR SURE who dropped them off, it could quite easily have been NB, PA or both.

Im wondering if she sat at the bench, placed her phone down to take the dogs harness off so it could go and swim, and then that's when whatever has happened has happened (my personal theory that the dog has ran off or got in trouble near the water and she's gone in).

Cold water shock can hit hard and fast too. I'm not sure what the temperature of the water was, but given the recent temps you've got to assume single figures. You go into that in thick clothing and you've not for long until you're I'm trouble IMO.
This is exactly what I think. It’s so cold here in the U.K. right now. The water would be an immediate shock to the body. I think she’s slipped trying to help the dear dog.

Accidents happen in seconds. I was in a park playing with my children last year. I tripped on a stick dropped by a little boy on the path. Broke two bones and was in shock. Such a small chance that a toddler dropping a stick led to me being taken to hospital minutes later but these things do happen. If you’re on your own and there’s water nearby there is that chance of an accident and no one being around to witness or to help.

I know if it were my dog I’d risk my life to save it from danger so I think that’s relevant too. If he got lost or stuck on the river bank I can see this poor lady putting her phone down on the bench and rushing to assist her dog.

Although you might expect to see evidence on the river bank maybe not always. And as we know, it can take many weeks for bodies to surface after drowning.

I think 'unoccupied' would be a better description of the house rather than 'abandoned' which suggests something more sinister?

Picture from https://www.lep.co.uk/news/nicola-b...um-who-vanished-while-walking-her-dog-4009946

View attachment 399280
Seeing the size of that property, the quote on the 2nd page of the link is a bit troubling:

He said: "The abandoned house is right opposite the bench on the other side of the river, over a 10ft garden wall. It’s quite posh. We didn’t go into the house, as a volunteer search and rescue team we don’t actually go into buildings. We might go into a barn or something. We leave that to the police. While the team was searching the grounds, the owner was there for some reason, and we asked him to go in and he had a quick look around and she wasn’t there."

As I am working from home 95% of the time, I also often log on to the Teams meeting with my camera off and my audio muted, as I am stomping around the kitchen in my PJs and cooking breakfast, might have even forgotten about the meeting until a notification pops up on my screen. Meaning, that neither is logging on to a Teams call without audio/video odd to me (after all she was walking her dog at the time and her background noise and moving video would be distracting to others), nor is the idea that someone other than her could have pressed "join" on a Teams event notification outlandish to me - a stranger, unlikely, but someone that knew her routines well, yeah, totally could have.

If it was a longer meeting (that meetings with loads of people tend to be - and you are more likely to just silently listen in on these), IMO it could have even not been over yet by the time her phone was found! Or, as others sign off at the end, how long do you stay connected to the call after a meeting if you do not sign off? I know you can accidentally log on again to random old meetings if you klick on the wrong place (whoops), so it's not like they are disabled after the meeting time in the calendar is over or if you're the only person there. Any input, fellow Teams users?

I've followed cases which have taken longer than 5 days for a body to make an appearance further along a river.
yes me too. Also I live in a town with a river running through it. Over the years there have been many drownings and bodies found several weeks later sadly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member