Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley, 45, last seen walking her dog on footpath by the river, Inskip, Lancashire, 27 Jan 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I'm on a company wide conference call run by senior people wittering away I leave my laptop/phone on the side all the time and do other things while listening. I think many people do this.

She could have left the phone on the side to watch or check the dog, or throw the dog a ball or something. I wonder if the dog was known to regularly swim in the river around this location? I'm sure someone has posted this already but most spaniels love water.
I agree, I think that's perfectly normal nowadays, if you don't have these type of calls as part of your work it's understandable that this element seems relevant bit imo it's not a factor at all. She joined the meeting, listened in and there's no more too it, no need for her camera to be on, no need to speak, the purpose is to share information/update employees or whatever, it's a mundane routine part of remote working post covid

Imo the most likely scenario is that she ended up in the water through misadventure. Maybe the dog took off after something and she put her phone down and chased after it or maybe it was in trouble. She could have slipped and hit her head.
This really resonates with me as only last year I had to jump into a river to rescue my partially blind border collie. This was actually in my village but no one saw anything or was around to help.

<modsnip - no link for info stated as fact> I wonder what type of wellies she had on as some do fasten round your leg?
I’m just thinking out loud. JMO
She was last seen wearing a long black gilet jacket with a hood, black jeans and olive green ankle wellies. Her hair was tied into a ponytail.

Last edited by a moderator:
She was last seen wearing a long black gilet jacket with a hood, black jeans and olive green ankle wellies. Her hair was tied into a ponytail.

Anyone else think - those jackets are full body length, full of insultation. Enough to make someone float... or if the jacket has come off it would surely be found?

Thank you. That answers my question regarding the wellies.

<modsnip - no link for info stated as fact>
I hope for everyone's sake if she has entered the water she hasn't gone that far.

JMO.

If NB had followed the dog to the river to rescue her, would her wellies have not left footprints, slide marks or indentations in the mud/grass down to the river, especially at this time of year. It would also be interesting to know how the dog was behaving, I fell recently when walking my dog who became very fretful and clingy and would not leave my side, even now she turns back every few steps to keep a watchful eye on me.

If you look on her business page on Facebook, there’s a number listed for her - likely to be her work number. (There’s no profile picture for this number on WhatsApp). Maybe PA first tried ringing her personal number when the school contacted him and the phone was switched off? Making him panic more? Or like somebody else said, he tracked her personal phone and was concerned with the location? Also, in response to the type of Wellington boots she was wearing - there’s a picture of her wearing green Wellington boots on FB - they are just standard ankle ones, no fastener.

If she fell into the water I can’t imagine she would have time to place her belongings on the bench first but if she went into the water to help the dog/retrieve a ball, surely she would have taken her coat off first? MOO.

Was there any mention of her carrying a handbag/backpack? Just wondering as I take my bag everywhere with me. Even if i'm only popping out for a second...it has my purse, keys...everything I need. If I had sat down at a bench to take a work call, and placed my phone on the seat, I would have dumped my bag down at the other side of me, for comfort. Perhaps she's not a bag person and just shoves everything in her pockets but it occurred to me, had it been me going in the river, my bag would have been on the bench with the phone.

In relation to NBs fb privacy; the first post she made public was to share an appeal about some sheep & had to ask how to do so Looks like she'd forgotten to put her posts back to private after this but maybe figured it out again in December.

In all fairness, the idea that she’s fallen into the water is plausible. People fanny about near water for crazy reasons. Perhaps the dog dropped its ball just on the edge of the bank and she’s leaned down to get it. Even drowning is pretty plausible despite the lack of depth, especially given the water is cold. I also think the dog being in the river vicinity but not wet is also plausible. My dog MIGHT wade into a river with me, my dog very likely will not jump into a river from a bank that has a steep part. Even if I were to jump in, I think my dog would probably run up and down the side and be desperate to follow me, but not have the nerve to jump in.

My only issue really is where she’s then gone. I do find it bonkers to believe in a river like this one, a body could vanish so quickly with the amount of searching and in such a timely manner. Where are the river experts when you need them?

If NB had followed the dog to the river to rescue her, would her wellies have not left footprints, slide marks or indentations in the mud/grass down to the river, especially at this time of year. It would also be interesting to know how the dog was behaving, I fell recently when walking my dog who became very fretful and clingy and would not leave my side, even now she turns back every few steps to keep a watchful eye on me.
Good point. There probably would have been skid marks but I'm not sure how wet the bank was?
Or where she entered the water or even if.
There are medical emergencies that will cause a person to just drop. Cardiac or cerebral in origin.
Damar Hamlin is a recent incident many people witnessed on live TV. After that it's about depth, river bed base, water movement subsequently...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1