Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley, 45, last seen walking her dog on footpath by the river, Inskip, Lancashire, 27 Jan 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s only one thing I can think of that would warrant potentially a dramatic action that also fits into the narrative there’s no foul play and why the police would be called quickly, and that’s the car.

If MSM reporting the car was left at the school, (and you’d have to assume it was common for the car to be left there while doing the dog walk) it isn’t a stretch to think when the school received the call that NB dog had been found alone, the school sent a staff member outside to see if she was at her car before calling PA.

If there is ANYTHING about the car that was concerning, that would likely prompt a police call and more urgent action. Maybe something like she’s locked the car with the keys inside it, a note on the car etc

Without it being proven 100% that NB was ever out on that walk with the dog on the path and with it not being 100% proven that it was in fact actually her NB who logged in to the work meeting at 9:01am, and without it being 100% proven with a solid witness or dashcam/doorbell/cctv footage that has seen NB that morning, and without it being 100% proven who actually took the children to school that morning, is it beyond the realms of possibility that NB could have in fact 'gone missing' the day or night before or in the very early hours of the 27th January?
I was thinking the same thing. When was she last seen alive with 100% proof? The witness who saw her Friday morning is she 100% certain about the day? Did anyone speak to her from work that morning during the conference call?

I am still leaning towards foul play - I think we have to remember that she wasn’t actually witnessed at the bench! She was witnessed walking her dog. She may not have made it to the bench. As stated above depending on where the witness saw her she may not have got as far as the bench. If the witness saw her at the stretch between Garstang road and Allotment Lane, something perhaps then happened to her at Allotment lane (where there is road/car access) then the dog and phone were placed at the bench after, but prior to the police arriving. So much emphasis is going into the bench but it actually hasn’t been said she was seen sitting on the bench. JMO.

Edited to add a picture with a red asterisk where something untoward may have occurred. Speculation.
<modsnip - quoted post removed - no source link for image>

The reported last sighting of NB is a fair distance away from where witness was spotted heading towards Rowanswater. But not as far from where phone and dog lead are found. How far from where the elderly witness was seen is it from where the dog was found. And was the dog actually found at the bench or by the caravan park?

Last edited by a moderator:
Deleted by me as most likely irrelevant thinking!

Last edited:
<modsnip - quoted post removed>

How deep is that river?
Many posts on the depth of the river in yesterdays posts
I've followed cases which have taken longer than 5 days for a body to make an appearance further along a river.
Agree, many many weeks can go by

Sorry my posts are doing quotes when I didnt press quotes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am still leaning towards foul play - I think we have to remember that she wasn’t actually witnessed at the bench! She was witnessed walking her dog. She may not have made it to the bench. As stated above depending on where the witness saw her she may not have got as far as the bench. If the witness saw her at the stretch between Garstang road and Allotment Lane, something perhaps then happened to her at Allotment lane (where there is road/car access) then the dog and phone were placed at the bench after, but prior to the police arriving. So much emphasis is going into the bench but it actually hasn’t been said she was seen sitting on the bench. JMO.

Edited to add a picture with a red asterisk where something untoward may have occurred. Speculation.
This image in your post for example clearly shows that it says the dog was found at the bench

Does anyone here know the depth of the river that morning at that exact spot below the bench?

There is a sign on the tree next to the bench saying DANGER DEEP WATER

View attachment 399266

'Perpetual hell' as desperate search for missing mum Nicola Bulley continues

""The river does get quite deep in some places, and the track is popular with walkers. People often park up on the Grapes pub car park and go for a walk."

"A large number of people from the local community have organised searches of the area. However, police have warned residents to 'stay safe' because the 'river and its banks are extremely dangerous' and present a 'genuine risk to the public'."
BBM - thanks for sharing this.

Does anyone here know the depth of the river that morning at that exact spot below the bench?

There is a sign on the tree next to the bench saying DANGER DEEP WATER

View attachment 399266

'Perpetual hell' as desperate search for missing mum Nicola Bulley continues

""The river does get quite deep in some places, and the track is popular with walkers. People often park up on the Grapes pub car park and go for a walk."

"A large number of people from the local community have organised searches of the area. However, police have warned residents to 'stay safe' because the 'river and its banks are extremely dangerous' and present a 'genuine risk to the public'."
Not the exact location but pretty close: River Wyre at St Michaels: River level and flood alerts

I was thinking the same thing. When was she last seen alive with 100% proof? The witness who saw her Friday morning is she 100% certain about the day? Did anyone speak to her from work that morning during the conference call?
Given that the witness likely was spoken to within a day, if not within hours of the sighting, I’d imagine there’s very little possibility of the day being incorrect.

Was her camera on for the Teams call or not? Do we know if anybody actually spoke to her during the call? If he phone was placed on the bench by say an abductor they would have had to essentially unlock it with her pin or finger print before hand too.

Its a interesting one thats for sure.

This image in your post for example clearly shows that it says the dog was found at the bench
I think just because the phone and the dog / lead / harness may have been placed at the bench (as in staged) doesn’t mean the dog was ultimately found there although the policewoman in the presser stated Willow was found between the bench and the river. May be a different bench though. It’s not been confirmed either way. JMO.

Was her camera on for the Teams call or not? Do we know if anybody actually spoke to her during the call? If he phone was placed on the bench by say an abductor they would have had to essentially unlock it with her pin or finger print before hand too.

Its a interesting one thats for sure.
It has been stated her camera wasn't on but I've not seen anything on if she spoke.

Indeed. In fact, even if it is known with quite some degree of certainty where the person went into the river, it doesn't seem to make the search any quicker.
A similar recent case that shows The difficulty of recovering a person lost in a river

Seems most likely it could be a terrible accident

A similar recent case that shows The difficulty of recovering a person lost in a river

Seems most likely it could be a terrible accident

The lady in the story you linked fell into a fast-moving torrent and was swept away.

The water where NB went missing is (on average) 0.4m deep with a slow flow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1