Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley, 45, last seen walking her dog on footpath by the river, Inskip, Lancashire, 27 Jan 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously I don't know how well trained of a dog Willow is, but I do know that alot of friends dogs will abandon all sense of training they have had if there is a hint of them getting some food, especially food they aren't normally allowed. This has got me wondering if food could have been used to distract the dog from following either NB or whoever left the dog by the bench

when I’m on work conference calls, I’m always on mute (as is everyone else except the host/speaker) mainly because you’d get too much background noise if everyone’s mics were switched on, but also because I’m doing something I shouldn’t be doing in works time such as shopping, driving, walking the dog etc.

However, I do have to say my name when logging into the call. So everyone would hear “ROJO… has joined the meeting/ROJO… has left the meeting”. Dunno if that’s common across all meeting apps, but if so it would mean there were plenty of witnesses (colleagues) to say if it was actually her that joined the call.

For me, the main thing is who dropped the kids at school. Surely the police will have established that quickly. If it was her, then I think that and the timings rule out foul play and we’re looking at a tragic accident. If it wasn’t her, then that opens up a whole new story
In my work conference calls, we wouldn't have to say our name but they can see when we've joined or left the call through zoom or Teams. If it's like a seminar or an update for a large number of staff, then it's a case of just joining the call and listening in. They tell us to mute our microphones & switch the camera off so the only person who has theirs switched on is the presenter

If you read back, theres multiple posts discussing the depth and even video evidence showing police walking up to their knees / waist.

Its about 0.5m at the time this all happened, there are deeper areas and theres a flow to it. Sandy bottom with small boulders / gravel in areas.
Thanks.
I'm staring at it and trying to imagine any circumstances where it could have taken her. I don't see any and it has been searched by police divers.
I'm stumped.

I think there’s definitely more to this than falling in the river, look at where the bench is, it’s not a steep slope & the water wasn’t deep or fast running. I have a horrible feeling about this. Either close to home or a stalker who follows her social media.
The fact they have the phone surely must rule in or out certain things that could be going on . As our phone are very personal to us and we gaurd them well , I panic if I put mine down in my house and can't find it ! . I'd think you don't get access to a missing person's phone so soon in looking for them so this has to be an big asset in the whys and where's of daily life . Like yourself can't help thinking the worst , really hoping I'm wrong and probably am but so many things don't add up .

I noticed that. Not a single mention across the news channels.
You beat me to it. I too noticed no update from the DM since 10pm last night. I assumed it was my dodgy WiFi.

In this article
Missing Nicola Bulley's young daughters broke down in tears as distraught dad told them 'Mummy's lost'
Missing mum's daughters broke down in tears as dad told them 'mummy's lost'

It states ‘A friend who runs a local caravan park raised the alarm when they spotted the family’s brown springer spaniel Willow running free.’
They say police arrived at 10:30 and the dog was found at 10:15?!

That has to be the fastest response time ever, there's definitely more to this than just "Oh I found someone's dog, we are not sure where she is"

They say police arrived at 10:30 and the dog was found at 10:15?!

That has to be the fastest response time ever, there's definitely more to this than just "Oh I found someone's dog, we are not sure where she is"
I wonder if she had told her partner that she was being followed/stalked hence the quick 999 call and response. Just speculation.

Has it been confirmed wether or not she was using her work or personal mobile to dial into the call? People saying its very personal to leave a phone on a bench - not as much with a work mobile...

what are the rules regarding social media and quotes from things like facebook stories? I can't think

Edited:
I've looked this up. like i should have!

Last edited:
At 9:01am NB logs on to the work team meeting call thing.

Her phone and dog lead found at the bench. Dog found between bench and river.

Dog is dry.

No sign of struggle or slip.

No sign of attack or abduction.

No sign of NB dead or alive in river or surrounding area in proceeding 5 days.

NB was as likely sucked into the sky by an alien spaceship as she was to have ended up in the river or to have been there at all in the first place.

Hypothetically, if NB never logs onto that team call thing, how does that change the shape and course of this investigation?

The fact she logs on at 9:01am, isn't seen or heard on the call, and as far as we know at this point, isn't seen or heard from again, is a massive red flag, red herring and rings all types of alarm bells for me.

Police need solid verification that she was there at all, dash cam footage, door came footage or CCTV footage, a solid witness or two.
If a dog was running around wet from water, how long would it take to dry? Do Spaniels have an undercoat? Take twice as long to dry? I've no idea. MOO.

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

<modsnip> It will be interesting to know whether she actually made it to the bench. Depending on where the witness saw her she may have not got as far as the bench. Say the witness saw her at the stretch between Garstang road and the tow path label (Allotment Lane). Something perhaps then happened to her at the tow path where it crossed with allotment lane (where there is road/car access) then the dog and phone were placed at the bench after, but prior to the police arriving. So much emphasis is going into the bench but it actually hasn’t been said she was seen sitting on the bench. JMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
when I’m on work conference calls, I’m always on mute (as is everyone else except the host/speaker) mainly because you’d get too much background noise if everyone’s mics were switched on, but also because I’m doing something I shouldn’t be doing in works time such as shopping, driving, walking the dog etc.

However, I do have to say my name when logging into the call. So everyone would hear “ROJO… has joined the meeting/ROJO… has left the meeting”. Dunno if that’s common across all meeting apps, but if so it would mean there were plenty of witnesses (colleagues) to say if it was actually her that joined the call.
That is interesting re saying your name.
For me, the main thing is who dropped the kids at school. Surely the police will have established that quickly. If it was her, then I think that and the timings rule out foul play and we’re looking at a tragic accident. If it wasn’t her, then that opens up a whole new story

If those times are correct (10:15/10:30) yes thats super quick isn't it??
I can understand the speed of response . The way it looks from the off is dodgy . A lone woman walking her dog in a pretty rural place and you come across her dog on its own plus a phone left on a bench along with the dogs lead and harness. I think I'd be tempted to ring the Police myself if I came across it maybe not the emergency but 101 to let them know . I would find that strange .

what are the rules regarding social media and quotes from things like facebook stories? I can't think
Here's a handy link regarding Social Media Rules

If a dog was running around wet from water, how long would it take to dry? Do Spaniels have an undercoat? Take twice as long to dry? I've no idea. MOO.
I have 2 spaniels. one dries very quickly as someone shaved him when he was a puppy so no undercoat so to say. The other takes ages to dry like 2-3 hours - but quicker if he runs around in the woods or grass afterwards.

It takes ages for their ears to dry.

Willow looks likes an older spaniel, possibly 7 or 8 ? So might not get her ears wet like mine do when they dunk their faces which means her body would dry quicker. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelpingHandz