Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley, 45, last seen walking her dog on footpath by the river, Inskip, Lancashire, 27 Jan 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also thought this to begin with but bolded below if we are to believe this says it was him…

Ms Bulley was reportedly last seen by a man walking his dog in the vicinity about 9.15am. The man has spoken with police. His wife, a 57-year-old software engineer, told The Times her husband was one of three people in the field the morning Ms Bulley disappeared. 'He said there was nothing unusual about her and she seemed completely normal

Edit - this could of course be a different witness, ooops.
Yes I think this may be a different witness. The article doesn’t say he is 70 or confirm he was the one sought by police, it just says the 57 year old wife. The 70yo was seen sometime later when the dog was found by the friend so I assumed he was in the field at a later time. I think this might be the original witness that the police were referring to from the start. But as I say I don’t know. JMO.

Last edited:
I live in a village very similar to this one by the sounds of it, though in a different rural part of England. I don’t think the taking the dog to the school thing is at all strange. The school is often the social hub of a village along with a pub (which wouldn’t be open at 10:30am). When I drop my kids off to school, a good third of the parents have dogs in tow to go on a walk after.

There are a few parents I’m close to and I have their numbers. But if I found someone’s dog and I didn’t have their number or know where they lived (or I knew they lived 3 miles away), I’d look around first but then I’d go to the school and knock on the office window and ask our very kind admin lady to ring whosits parents because I found their dog running loose.

Makes even more sense if everyone knows the morning routine and that NB or her partner always park at the school for their walk. Perhaps hoping to find one of them waiting by the car annoyed with the dog for running off after going back to get the whistle or treats from the car. I definitely wouldn’t hang onto the dog and launch my own search because I need to get back home to work and can’t be asked looking after someone’s lost dog.

Agree though that immediate call to the police is odd unless there were pre-existing concerns. MOO

Don't often comment on this site but I do have an overwhelming feeling on this one. I do suspect foul play- very close to home and the Police are occupying the usual tactics of "giving their suspect enough rope to hang themselves".

Just my gut feeling of course.

Hello, first post here but hope it's ok to chime in.

Just wanted to add that I very much agree with the amount of media attention this is getting suggesting that there is more to the story. While for the most part I'm still leaning slightly towards her having ended up in the river somehow, I had a family friend who went missing in similar circumstances while out on a dog walk, last spotted walking close to a river in a secluded area. The story barely made the local newspaper. Sadly in this case her body was discovered in said river about a week later.
It doesn’t always seem to be immediately obvious why some cases pick up vast amounts of media attention and others don’t, though I am sure being an attractive woman with a very ‘normal’ (relatable) life and a young family makes a difference. And she appears to have been very active on social media so the press has heaps of free images to use, I am sure that has bearing. Once a case gets attention and starts getting clicks the media will keep trying to generate content to capitalise on it and it snowballs.

Don't often comment on this site but I do have an overwhelming feeling on this one. I do suspect foul play- very close to home and the Police are occupying the usual tactics of "giving their suspect enough rope to hang themselves".

Just my gut feeling of course.
This is what I’m leaning towards. I keep thinking of Ian Huntley and how they let him keep giving television interviews which helped to incriminate him. I just can’t believe she’s in the river; the banks don’t look steep enough for her to have fallen in (and I can’t think of any other sensible reason why she would have gone into the river), and it’s too shallow and meandering for her to have been swept away.

just a thought, whilst on a teams call is there the option to record the call? Even though NB was on mute, could her phone have recorded the call and any background noise/voices on her end? I wonder if the police have this and it doesn’t indicate any signs of foul play which is why they don’t think someone has abducted her?

This is misleading.

There is nothing here that says the witness saw NB that day.

It does not say that 'I saw NB that morning, I often see her and say hello', it says the witness was one of three people in the field that morning (no indication any saw NB) It says "He said there was nothing unusual about her and she seemed completely normal" (no indication of time, or if NB seemed normal that morning, just seemed normal in general)

EDIT: The same publication then goes on to interview a local woman who says that she has avoided taking her dog out for a walk on that trail and that locals are locking their doors.

So the local consensus, and story being portrayed by this newspaper to it's readers, is not one of NB having fallen into or entering the river of her own accord.
I wouldn’t say that’s the local consensus, only that it’s what the press has picked out to try to keep this an engaging story (see also reports relating to the abandoned building, ‘spooky’ path etc). There’s not much to generate content out of here, so they’re picking out anyone and anything they can find to keep filling column inches.

Sadly I think the far, far most likely explanation is she’s fallen into the river and drowned and her body may take time to be found - as can often be the case in river drownings. Everything else is the media trying spin this out.

I keep thinking if she fell into the river, surely the dog would have been found barking at the rivers edge where she fell in.

I've been thinking about this too.
If she went into the river either accidentally or on purpose perhaps the dog wasn't close to her at the time.
Perhaps NB had sat on the bench, took the dog off it's harness and the dog went off for a few minutes snuffling around in the woods?
NB could have entered the river, the dog came back, looked for her, and just stayed in the place where it had last seen her and where its harness was and waited for her.

JMO

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

Yes the DM diagram shows that the dog was found near the Devine camping pods which would tie in with this article that says a friend who runs a local campsite found the dog. It doesn’t necessarily mean it was found there just that the friend who found it runs the campsite. From the start the police have stated it was found between the bench and the river although there could be another bench in the vicinity. IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think there’s definitely more to this than falling in the river, look at where the bench is, it’s not a steep slope & the water wasn’t deep or fast running. I have a horrible feeling about this. Either close to home or a stalker who follows her social media.

9:15 last seen and 10:15 the dog was found.

All this happening in such a short time - with the dog traveling and Nicola walking away from witness seeing her to then the dog being found wandering, this could of all happened in a 30 minute time period.

I honestly cant understand in such a short period it went from taking the dog to the school / calling the school then 999 being called. I would like to know the actual timescale of finding dog to calling 999.

I live in a quiet village and we always have peoples dogs getting out, especially when its a walking area nearby. We wouldnt get to the point of calling 999 until we have exhausted so much.

@Firstsnow4 Where did you see its a friend? If its a friend and she knew it was her dog, why did she go to the school? Why did she immediately panic / resort to that. A friend more than ever would know her walking patterns and tracked back on those with the dog.

None of this makes sense - there is seriously something more to this than we are seeing.

How deep is that river?
If you read back, theres multiple posts discussing the depth and even video evidence showing police walking up to their knees / waist.

Its about 0.5m at the time this all happened, there are deeper areas and theres a flow to it. Sandy bottom with small boulders / gravel in areas.

9:15 last seen and 10:15 the dog was found.

All this happening in such a short time - with the dog traveling and Nicola walking away from witness seeing her to then the dog being found wandering, this could of all happened in a 30 minute time period.

I honestly cant understand in such a short period it went from taking the dog to the school / calling the school then 999 being called. I would like to know the actual timescale of finding dog to calling 999.

I live in a quiet village and we always have peoples dogs getting out, especially when its a walking area nearby. We wouldnt get to the point of calling 999 until we have exhausted so much.

@Firstsnow4 Where did you see its a friend? If its a friend and she knew it was her dog, why did she go to the school? Why did she immediately panic / resort to that. A friend more than ever would know her walking patterns and tracked back on those with the dog.

None of this makes sense - there is seriously something more to this than we are seeing.
In this article
Missing Nicola Bulley's young daughters broke down in tears as distraught dad told them 'Mummy's lost'
Missing mum's daughters broke down in tears as dad told them 'mummy's lost'

It states ‘A friend who runs a local caravan park raised the alarm when they spotted the family’s brown springer spaniel Willow running free.’

My initial theory which I think mostly like happened to Nicola is that she accidentally fell into the river and drowned. But her dog was found to be dry suggesting that it had not been in the river. Also she has been missing for 5 days now. There was a swift response to her being reported missing. Surely the police would have found her body by now?

<modsnip - not victim friendly>

The last option is that she was abducted. She regularly walked her dog along this route and it was on her <modsnip - no link> Facebook. But then it was a fair distance to the nearest road. Lancashire Police have said that it isn't a criminal matter and just a missing person case. But I feel that the police have been deliberately withholding information from the public to not jeopardize their investigations. They have also mentioned that she had links to Thornton Cleveleys but given further details.

Last edited by a moderator:

MSM reported that the person who found the dog runs a nearby campsite. One of the owners of a nearby campsite is friends with NB on facebook.

I can imagine why they would have gone to the school if they knew she parked her car there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1