Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley, 45, last seen walking her dog on footpath by the river, Inskip, Lancashire, 27 Jan 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we have to ignore MSM and go with what the police said. 'The dog was loose and he was between the river and the bench' ....So he wasn't tied up, but they didn't mention the lead or the harness at that point.
Yeah your right , you do realise you've thrown all my theories into turmoil ! I have to go back to the drawing board now .

Not seen anything yet about whether she had her handbag with her, money, credit cards, car keys etc. Nothing yet about whether her card had been used or money extracted from her bank account. All these things usually become important in a missing persons enquiry. Strange nothing said perhaps no information means no usage of cc, bank account. If you deliberately ran away then you would expect some signs. In the absence of anything found in the river it looks more and more like foul play. Then you have a different police response.

This is misleading.

There is nothing here that says the witness saw NB that day.

It does not say that 'I saw NB that morning, I often see her and say hello', it says the witness was one of three people in the field that morning (no indication any saw NB) It says "He said there was nothing unusual about her and she seemed completely normal" (no indication of time, or if NB seemed normal that morning, just seemed normal in general)
<modsnip - criticizing an approved source> I think it’s clear he saw her from these words:

“Ms Bulley was reportedly last seen by a man walking his dog in the vicinity about 9.15am. The man has spoken with police. His wife, a 57-year-old software engineer, told The Times her husband was one of three people in the field the morning Ms Bulley disappeared. 'He said there was nothing unusual about her and she seemed completely normal,' she said.”

JMO.

For what’s it worth I still think foul play by someone known to her. But it must have happened so quickly. I still think someone feigned an emergency which quickly pulled her away from the bench area.

Last edited by a moderator:
With teams you can join the call before the start of the meeting and essentially just sit in the virtual room and wait until it starts. So she could have logged onto the call at 9.01 but it didn't actually start until 9.15, or in my workplace we start calls at 5 past the hour to allow colleagues who finish calls on the hour to have 5 minute comfort break.

If she was on a concall when the phone was found it could also mean that the call had actually finished long ago, but because she hadn't manually 'left' the call she was still appearing as present in the concall. But basically you don't come out of the call until you click 'end'.

Unless the app is different, happy to be corrected.

With teams you can join the call before the start of the meeting and essentially just sit in the virtual room and wait until it starts. So she could have logged onto the call at 9.01 but it didn't actually start until 9.15, or in my workplace we start calls at 5 past the hour to allow colleagues who finish calls on the hour to have 5 minute comfort break.

If she was on a concall when the phone was found it could also mean that the call had actually finished long ago, but because she hadn't manually 'left' the call she was still appearing as present in the concall. But basically you don't come out of the call until you click 'end'.

Unless the app is different, happy to be corrected.
Yes that is correct. I use teams for work and you can join the meeting before it starts and stay there until after it’s finished.

<modsnip - criticizing an approved source> I think it’s clear he saw her from these words:

“Ms Bulley was reportedly last seen by a man walking his dog in the vicinity about 9.15am. The man has spoken with police. His wife, a 57-year-old software engineer, told The Times her husband was one of three people in the field the morning Ms Bulley disappeared. 'He said there was nothing unusual about her and she seemed completely normal,' she said.”

JMO.

For what’s it worth I still think foul play by someone known to her. But it must have happened so quickly.
Ah wait so that’s maybe why the need for dashcam because he seen her at 9:15am and at that point he hadn’t came forward to say perhaps? Maybe he had spoken to someone else (the person who located the dog) and said oh I seen her at 9:15am then he walked off and police needed to speak to him to verify this.

JMO.

For what’s it worth I still think foul play by someone known to her. But it must have happened so quickly.
Nothing indicates witness saw her that morning and sounds like he was speaking generally.

Look at the difference between these sentences:

Ms Bulley was reportedly last seen by a man walking his dog in the vicinity about 9.15am.

Ms Bulley was last seen by a man walking his dog in the vicinity about 9:15am.

Not confirmed she was ever there.

We shall find out soon.

Hello, first post here but hope it's ok to chime in.

Just wanted to add that I very much agree with the amount of media attention this is getting suggesting that there is more to the story. While for the most part I'm still leaning slightly towards her having ended up in the river somehow, I had a family friend who went missing in similar circumstances while out on a dog walk, last spotted walking close to a river in a secluded area. The story barely made the local newspaper. Sadly in this case her body was discovered in said river about a week later.

Nothing indicates witness saw her that morning and sounds like he was speaking generally.

Ms Bulley was reportedly last seen by a man walking his dog in the vicinity about 9.15am.

We shall find out soon.

Reportedly was maybe because at that time they hadn’t actually spoken to 70yo man…

We shall find out soon.
Yes I can see your point <modsnip - criticizing an approved source>. The witness could be mistaken or he could be lying but for what purpose unless he is the perp. IMO.

Reportedly was maybe because at that time they hadn’t actually spoken to 70yo man…
I was actually thinking this is a different witness to the 70yo with the fluffy dog but we don’t know that yet. The 70yo was seen sometime later when the dog was found by the friend so I assumed he was in the field at a later time. But as I say I don’t know. JMO.

I was actually thinking this is a different witness to the 70yo with the fluffy dog but we don’t know that yet. JMO.
I also thought this to begin with but bolded below if we are to believe this says it was him…

Ms Bulley was reportedly last seen by a man walking his dog in the vicinity about 9.15am. The man has spoken with police. His wife, a 57-year-old software engineer, told The Times her husband was one of three people in the field the morning Ms Bulley disappeared. 'He said there was nothing unusual about her and she seemed completely normal

Edit - this could of course be a different witness, ooops.

Hello, first post here but hope it's ok to chime in.

Just wanted to add that I very much agree with the amount of media attention this is getting suggesting that there is more to the story. While for the most part I'm still leaning slightly towards her having ended up in the river somehow, I had a family friend who went missing in similar circumstances while out on a dog walk, last spotted walking close to a river in a secluded area. The story barely made the local newspaper. Sadly in this case her body was discovered in the river about a week later.
Very valid point, you almost want that to be the answer rather than foul play but the best answer would be if she turns up OK. Really hope she does and proves me wrong.

Agree, but by the time the witness/witness wife speaks to this newspaper it is either definitely saw her, or definitely not. And even after newspaper speak to him, and print story, the word that is used is REPORTEDLY which, really has no difference in meaning to the word I have used throughout when talking about NBs presence there.

ALLEGEDLY

I think calling 999 immediately would make sense if he had other concerns for her safety.

I think the police would only respond the way they did if he told them this.
Of course he could have had other concerns but I don’t think it’s a stretch at all to presume he has called 999 on the basis of the facts we know alone.

And based on the facts known (highly concerned partner, she is late returning, someone has already been on the scene and seen no sign of her, the path is next to a river) it’s not a big leap to think the police think it is worth responding - it’s probably a quiet time of day, not hard to send a car round to the area. Of course 9 times out of 10 such a call out would have ended with the person being found safe and well and there be a perfectly simple explanation for it all.

If anything, him having no other concerns about her (if this were highly out of character), may have raised the alarm even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1