Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley, 45, last seen walking her dog on footpath by the river, Inskip, Lancashire, 27 Jan 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people seem to think it odd that her partner called 999 immediately…

Probably (given it was a working day and Nicola was already on a work call) he wasn’t expecting her to be out long - quick dog walk then start the working day. So by 10:15 she was probably already late returning, perhaps by 30mins or more. It sounds like it was an established routine to take the dog out at that time so he’d know it was unusual for her not to be back, and may have already tried calling her and received no response. He would already be concerned.

Then to have been called by the *school* gives the whole thing an edge it might not have had if Nicola’s friend has been able to contact him directly - your partner is late home from dropping the kids at school then you get a call from the school - you’re going to immediately fear something bad has happened. And the fact the school is calling means it’s probably not so big a leap to call the police as “the authorities” are already involved - the mental leap from school to police is not so great.

Then he’s 10 mins drive away (and a walk?) from where she was last seen, so it’s not exactly like he can help immediately.

Sure, maybe not everyone would have called 999 at that point, but it not hard to imagine why someone would have done.

Is it common for a mortgage and protection advisor to have a teams call for so long first thing in the morning ?

Edit - only asking as i know nothing about teams or the role of a mortgage advisor!
Could have been an end of the month thing? Also sometimes these meetings drag on as mulpile people ask questions or start having a general chat about stuff. Also with the cost of living crisis and inflation in the UK I bet that is having an impact on mortgage applications. Things that normally would have been straightforward are more complicated. Just thoughts of mine.

New Witness Theory

Credit to DPDAN a member here.

The witness sighting at 9:15am may not have been a physical witness seeing her. That could be the first point where, potentially people on the meeting were attempting to talk to NB on the meeting call and got no response. Maybe they were saying something along the the lines of 'Hello, NB you are on mute we cannot hear you' etc

If that is the case, there is no physical witness sighting of NB with the dog at all. Hence the need for dashcam footage and the appeal for the elderly witness yesterday to see if he had seen her.

As it stands, no evidence at all that she was out on that dog walk with the dog or that it was NB who was physically herself on that work call.

Police specifically said the dog was not tied up and was between the bench and the river.

Yeah was aware Willow was found loose but thought the lead and harness was attached to the bench ? Is that not the case ? . My thinking was if that was the way the lead etc was found is that Willow would have got herself out of the harness and why she was running about free .

Probably (given it was a working day and Nicola was already on a work call) he wasn’t expecting her to be out long - quick dog walk then start the working day. So by 10:15 she was probably already late returning, perhaps by 30mins or more. It sounds like it was an established routine to take the dog out at that time so he’d know it was unusual for her not to be back, and may have already tried calling her and received no response. He would already be concerned.

Then to have been called by the *school* gives the whole thing an edge it might not have had if Nicola’s friend has been able to contact him directly - your partner is late home from dropping the kids at school then you get a call from the school - you’re going to immediately fear something bad has happened. And the fact the school is calling means it’s probably not so big a leap to call the police as “the authorities” are already involved - the mental leap from school to police is not so great.

Then he’s 10 mins drive away (and a walk?) from where she was last seen, so it’s not exactly like he can help immediately.

Sure, maybe not everyone would have called 999 at that point, but it not hard to imagine why someone would have done.

I think calling 999 immediately would make sense if he had other concerns for her safety.

I think the police would only respond the way they did if he told them this.

"Police said the witness, who was walking a white fluffy dog in the area, was 'currently being spoken to'.

The man 'spoke to the woman in the area who found Nicola's dog near a bench in the field', the force said in an earlier statement.

Ms Bulley was reportedly last seen by a man walking his dog in the vicinity about 9.15am. The man has spoken with police.

His wife, a 57-year-old software engineer, told The Times her husband was one of three people in the field the morning Ms Bulley disappeared.

'He said there was nothing unusual about her and she seemed completely normal,' she said. 'I'd often see her and say hello. I always thought she looked very nicely dressed, in her bobble hat and smart Wellington boots. It's just horrible to know she's missing.'"

Search teams looking for missing dog walker searched abandoned house

New Witness Theory

Credit to DPDAN a member here.

The witness sighting at 9:15am may not have been a physical witness seeing her. That could be the first point where, potentially people on the meeting were attempting to talk to NB on the meeting call and got no response. Maybe they were saying something along the the lines of 'Hello, NB you are on mute we cannot hear you' etc

If that is the case, there is no physical witness sighting of NB with the dog at all. Hence the need for dashcam footage and the appeal for the elderly witness yesterday to see if he had seen her.

As it stands, no evidence at all that she was out on that dog walk with the dog or that it was NB who was physically herself on that work call.
They wouldn't class that as the last time she was seen, if nobody saw or heard her.

Maybe PA & NB have the findmyphone app enabled meaning they can locate eachother, I do with my partner/kids/mother etc. A quick check on that after a call from the school would show the phone in the vicinity of the river but by that time he knows she is not there so calls the police. Wouldn’t 111 be a more suitable number though rather than 999? Unless he thought she was in immediate danger, we don’t know her state of mind of course.

Yeah was aware Willow was found loose but thought the lead and harness was attached to the bench ? Is that not the case ? . My thinking was if that was the way the lead etc was found is that Willow would have got herself out of the harness and why she was running about free .

I think we have to ignore MSM and go with what the police said. 'The dog was loose and he was between the river and the bench' ....So he wasn't tied up, but they didn't mention the lead or the harness at that point.

There is so many possibilities with this situation , I think I've come up with four so far , but her not being there at all is one I haven't explore in my many thoughts of what could have happened . So if she was never there ,there would have to be people willing to lie about seeing her ? Would someone
risk going to this bench and being seen , to plant the dog, the dogs stuff and her phone ? .
Yes apparently she was seen on her walk at some point but who's to say she didn't finish her walk, someone said it was about a 15 minute route she normally took. She would need to be home for work.

Yep I agree with this, it'd be pretty much a natural instinct reaction under panic. One scenario that would most likely run through his mind is that somebody else was involved, so by him going there as well he'd only be potentially putting himself at risk too.

"Police said the witness, who was walking a white fluffy dog in the area, was 'currently being spoken to'.

The man 'spoke to the woman in the area who found Nicola's dog near a bench in the field', the force said in an earlier statement.

Ms Bulley was reportedly last seen by a man walking his dog in the vicinity about 9.15am. The man has spoken with police.

His wife, a 57-year-old software engineer, told The Times her husband was one of three people in the field the morning Ms Bulley disappeared.

'He said there was nothing unusual about her and she seemed completely normal,' she said. 'I'd often see her and say hello. I always thought she looked very nicely dressed, in her bobble hat and smart Wellington boots. It's just horrible to know she's missing.'"

I’m so glad we at last have some more info on the witness sighting! This does put a different slant on things. Although I know it’s the DM. JMO.

Maybe PA & NB have the findmyphone app enabled meaning they can locate eachother, I do with my partner/kids/mother etc. A quick check on that after a call from the school would show the phone in the vicinity of the river but by that time he knows she is not there so calls the police. Wouldn’t 111 be a more suitable number though rather than 999? Unless he thought she was in immediate danger, we don’t know her state of mind of course.
Good shout Edinlass! Never thought of the findmyphone app!

Thank you for sharing this info about NB’s FB posting habits. I was just thinking, that you might also stop posting/ change privacy settings, etc. if you felt that you were being stalked online or that someone was taking an unhealthy interest in your posts…
If you change FB privacy settings, none of the posts will be seen I thought? Maybe something happened in her life in early Dec that stopped her posting. I wouldn’t post on FB if all wasn’t okay….
She posted regularly on FB … then in early Dec her posts just stop.

This is misleading.

There is nothing here that says the witness saw NB that day.

It does not say that 'I saw NB that morning, I often see her and say hello', it says the witness was one of three people in the field that morning (no indication any saw NB) It says "He said there was nothing unusual about her and she seemed completely normal" (no indication of time, or if NB seemed normal that morning, just seemed normal in general)

EDIT: The same publication then goes on to interview a local woman who says that she has avoided taking her dog out for a walk on that trail and that locals are locking their doors.

So the local consensus, and story being portrayed by this newspaper to it's readers, is not one of NB having fallen into or entering the river of her own accord.

Last edited:
If you change FB privacy settings, none of the posts will be seen I thought? Maybe something happened in her life in early Dec that stopped her posting. I wouldn’t post on FB if all wasn’t okay….

The ones that were public will still be public, new posts shared will be private. You need to physically go on to every post and click each one to show only to friends. She may well have thought changing her posts to private would automatically change them all but unfortunately it just isn’t the case!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1