Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley, 45, last seen walking her dog on footpath by the river, Inskip, Lancashire, 27 Jan 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has the nature of the conference call been established? I remember reading a report saying police were investigating the call. Maybe they have done so, and found nothing of interest.

I did wonder if the call was bad news, but haven't read anything since so discounted it.

when I’m on work conference calls, I’m always on mute (as is everyone else except the host/speaker) mainly because you’d get too much background noise if everyone’s mics were switched on, but also because I’m doing something I shouldn’t be doing in works time such as shopping, driving, walking the dog etc.

However, I do have to say my name when logging into the call. So everyone would hear “ROJO… has joined the meeting/ROJO… has left the meeting”. Dunno if that’s common across all meeting apps, but if so it would mean there were plenty of witnesses (colleagues) to say if it was actually her that joined the call.

For me, the main thing is who dropped the kids at school. Surely the police will have established that quickly. If it was her, then I think that and the timings rule out foul play and we’re looking at a tragic accident. If it wasn’t her, then that opens up a whole new story

I’m leaning towards tying the dog to the bench and wandering off in a state of agitation to another perhaps deeper part of the river…
Or tying the dog to the bench and then getting into a canoe of some kind?? I know people do canoe around there.
Dog then slips his harness after struggling but there is no sign of her. JMO

I was saying this to my wife earlier.

First thing any normal person would do is expect the owner to be closeby when a dog runs over. Then my concern wouldnt be to take it to a school, it would be to hold onto the dog and maybe go on facebook and post in our local facebook group Ive found a missing dog.

Even if this happened - if someone rang me to say my dog had been found, I would say that my wife is walking the same route we always do, just go hang around at X place, or go find her here. I wouldnt call the police immediately - I wouldnt even do that until Ive driven down there myself and had a look. I know my wife would be absolutely furious if I just called the police and she was just stood talking to a friend and not realised the dog had gone missing. All I would of thought is that shes out there also looking for the dog as this dudes taken it to the school, or taken it in.

The timeframe it was from her last being spotted to finding the phone just seems completely strange the events that happened. Him calling 999 so fast also makes me think he knew something we are not being told - like suicidal, or hes recieved a message or something.
Yes…
Surely on being told the dog was loose without her he would’ve called her mobile first. He knows the usual walking route so would’ve gone there believing she was out there trying to locate the dog.

I think the phone, harness etc were left on the bench by someone who didn’t know what to do with them. Someone took the harness off so that the dog would roam, not understanding that the harness is normally left on.

Daily mail and the Sun are rehashing old content - also making a big deal that she posted about it being "Spooky" making out that was her last post trying to gain views in a clickbait fashion. When in reality she posted this months ago when she was walking in the fog and it was just a statement anyone would make in thick fog.

I think its the general idea in these posts but we need to stop referencing those two tabloids.

Depends, you can either call the meeting number on any phone directly to a meeting room, put in a pin code then #, announce yourself or use the app for a video call AFAIK.
Don't take my word for it either, I use either desk top for video calls or mobile for the phone meeting room, don't have the app on my phone.
I have a feeling she would have to dial in to the meeting from her mobile and it would therefore be ‘engaged’ .. from my own experience. So not taking calls

To PP saying it is quiet on the news, it was the third item on the BBC tv news at 7am.

I find the opposite - I’m amazed how much coverage this is getting. Is that telling in itself? I’m intrigued by missing people/animals (mainly as I like things tidy and back where they belong!) and this seems an unusually high profile example.

People go missing and few cases get this level of coverage. A local police force social media post or two. Rarely a press conference imo. Even for young, blonde, attractive women who are newsworthy, many, many go missing for short periods and turn up, for better or worse, pretty quickly.

So while I’m just an interested layperson, the police behaviour and consequent news coverage feels unusual for someone who might just have slipped into a river or had a mental health crisis, as tragic as either of those would be.

I am still leaning towards foul play. And now I think it’s more likely that it was someone local who knew Nicola. I think it highly unlikely she was kidnapped into a car because there isnt really anywhere near that spot that a car could feasibly get close enough. But say it was someone she knew who came over to her quickly and said in an emergency I need your help - perhaps she tied the dog to the bench, put her phone down quickly and ran off to help. Then something untoward happened. As I say it would have to be someone local that lived/worked in nearby premises. JMO.

Edited to add - could have been someone she knew saying something was wrong with the girls at the school or something similar (an emergency) feigning an issue, in order to get her to leave quickly without a thought. Then smuggle her into a car/property. Just speculation.
All of this sound possible but as a dog owner I would have brought my dog along to the emergency

I think two things:

1. She isn't in the river
2. She wasn't even there in the dog walk/park/woods/green area in the first place.

Until she was even definitively proven to be there, I cannot entertain or use energy to think about her potentially being in the river.
I’m tending to this way of thinking too.

I know someone who has a mixture of Teams meetings and some are exactly as she did - listen but not be visible or heard.
Yes this seems quite normal. For me I have online meetings where you simply login but take little part. She may have logged in whilst on the walk to show willing and show attendance but then focussed more on her walk.

Is it common for a mortgage and protection advisor to have a teams call for so long first thing in the morning ?

Edit - only asking as i know nothing about teams or the role of a mortgage advisor!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member