Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley, 45, last seen walking her dog on footpath by the river, Inskip, Lancashire, 27 Jan 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounded to me as if the call was more like a webinar. Different people joining from different departments etc. rather than a ‘small office team’ meeting. So maybe one or two speakers and no input needed. Jmo

The lack of cctv in and around small villages is terrifying. I live in a capital city so you wouldn’t get far here without being spotted but in these remote spots it a whole different ball game..

I live in a small village in Devon and it is the same. No CCTV, sometimes not even 4G phone signal so you can't make card payments in some shops if they do not have there own wifi.

However, don't be fooled regarding cities/capital cities.

There are an astonishing number of murders and other serious, serious crimes that have not been solved in the UK whereby there is a huge amount of CCTV evidence available.

View attachment 398981
''She was on a work call at the time she disappeared, but she appeared to have her camera off and was muted at the time.

An interesting sign there on the tree next to the bench after all the talk about potential shallow water. It could of course just be used as a deterrent and be shallow still.

Something doesn’t quite add up here. Lots I’m sure we are due to find out. Still hate hearing about women going missing in this area. Happens all too often. As has been said I think slipping down the banking would have alerted the dog to bark etc and slip marks down the banking but nothings been mentioned. Hopefully the key witness can give us some more details

I live in a small village in Devon and it is the same. No CCTV, sometimes not even 4G phone signal so you can't make card payments in some shops if they do not have there own wifi.

However, don't be fooled regarding cities/capital cities.

There are an astonishing number of murders and other serious, serious crimes that have not been solved in the UK whereby there is a huge amount of CCTV evidence available.

Oh I know this only too well just I personally wouldn’t bode well in a small village, just like others wouldn’t like to live in a big city. Each to their own!

So how did the dog get to the river of she was not walking it? How did her phone and the dog stuff get on the bench?
If NB never took the children to school, then the dog was taken for a walk, NBs phone was signed into and once the meeting was joined, the dog and the lead and the phone were left on the bench to explain her 'disappearing on a walk'.

If NB took the children to school I do not know.

When was the last time NB was physically seen, apart from the day she allegedly took her children to school and allegedly took her dog for a walk and allegedly signed on to her team meeting and allegedly seen by this old man who is well built with white hair.

Attachments

• B1AA894C-F794-4AC2-9EE2-76627032C4AC.jpeg
    B1AA894C-F794-4AC2-9EE2-76627032C4AC.jpeg
    202.1 KB · Views: 76
Do we even know if she can swim? She’s only 5.3 that river in the middle looks about 3 to 5 ft deep.

If NB never took the children to school, then the dog was taken for a walk, NBs phone was signed into and once the meeting was joined, the dog and the lead and the phone were left on the bench to explain her 'disappearing on a walk'.

If NB took the children to school I do not know.

When was the last time NB was physically seen, apart from the day she allegedly took her children to school and allegedly took her dog for a walk and allegedly signed on to her team meeting and allegedly seen by this old man who is well built with white hair.
Sums it up very well at the moment, i have been saying all afternoon the the school run is important to say the least in trying to solve this.

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

I agree, her dog would be wet if she’d gone in after him, there’d be paw and skid marks everywhere. If she’d gone in by accident he’d presumably have gone in after her anyway and he would be wet, again there would be signs.

<modsnip>

It doesn’t add up.

Last edited by a moderator:

<modsnip> And with water temp in the single figures I would imagine temperature shock alone could be enough for someone to get in serious trouble quickly.

I would have thought the dog would be wet though as others have said. I'd expect the dog to have gone in, or to go in after her. I don't think the dog would have dried out in the hour window in this temperature.

I really hope she has just gone to clear her head somewhere.

I don’t think that is correct as the police woman said in the appeal the dog was found loose between the bench and the river.
I think the policewoman said that in one sentence and then further along in the press conference she said it was found some distance away. Who knows.

<modsnip>

My personal thoughts:

1) Did the person who found the lead and phone actually find them at the bench location? Or could they have been found further away and placed there (as an obvious place for the owner to see when walking past ) This is a very typical thing to do in Britain.
1)a is there a reason police haven’t elaborated on this.

2) The lack of social media <modsnip - no link> after the 1st week of December is potentially a sign of something going on in her life. Either she stops posting (for a reason) or changes settings to private (for a reason) both could be telling.

3) <modsnip - no link to approve source>

4) <modsnip>

5) Can’t help but think the water could be the answer. Wonder how intense the search and rescue efforts are within the waterways.

Is this an odd way of wording it? ‘He has been located and is being spoken to’ rather than ‘he has come forward and is assisting police’. I don’t know maybe I’m losing the plot!!

Perhaps. Or it could just be that the police were told how to find/contact him before he was able to get in touch with them, so nothing suspicious, just timing.
Or it could be sloppy reporting which is nothing new.

You have to take into account that river depths vary a lot over time. According to the flood measuring link I posted earlier the normal range here is anything from "0.40m to 4.73m". Don't know what it was in 2021 but in the last 5 days it was around 0.45m - knee height. That's not to say someone couldn't drown in it of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member